PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 05-23-2010, 12:39 AM #232
mr.cocalino
Always getting trolled...

has been a member for 10 years
Or he tells the price so people don't overpay for their M5's

some people can't negotiate as well as others so knowing what one actually sells for is helpful

"Originally posted by Ninja Mouse: When Mr. C does push-ups, he doesnt go up, the Earth goes down..."

"Originally posted by RamapoLax: And girls panties get soaked."
mr.cocalino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 05-23-2010, 12:46 AM #233
sammy25
OHHH YEAAA

sammy25 helped look for balloons
sammy25 is reppin' sidebar 4 life
sammy25 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
true also
Old 05-23-2010, 12:48 AM #234
ForgottenSoup
NO CHICKEN IN THIS SOUP

Dude has expensive taste.. he might be one of those types who actually gets embarrassed if he didn't pay a lot. I have met several people like that.. they're usually narcistic.

I ain't got no mo' fun cars
ForgottenSoup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 12:55 AM #235
Featherlite 07
straight cash homie

Featherlite 07 is playing at Living Legends III
Featherlite 07 is one of the top 25 posters on PbNation
yeah, that's not me, and I don't know anyone like that.
Old 05-23-2010, 01:05 AM #236
mr.cocalino
Always getting trolled...

We're all dying to know the price. I'd actually like to know as someone who wouldn't mind owning one of these one day. I am in Canada, so my prices are super-inflated. If I could go down to the U.S and get one for cheap I'd definitely like to know.

"Originally posted by Ninja Mouse: When Mr. C does push-ups, he doesnt go up, the Earth goes down..."

"Originally posted by RamapoLax: And girls panties get soaked."
mr.cocalino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 01:31 AM #237
ForgottenSoup
NO CHICKEN IN THIS SOUP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Featherlite 07 View Post
yeah, that's not me, and I don't know anyone like that.
Must not be true then.

Old 05-23-2010, 02:39 AM #238
GMaster
Canon Connoisseur

GMaster is a Paintball photographer
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForgottenSoup View Post
Must not be true then.
Demographically speaking, I'd agree with your assessment.

-------

Stumbling upon this thread, it appears you were in fact waiting a while to purchase this product or at least something like it. From the looks of it, you did your market research and had patience; a virtue long seen in the collegiate level consumer markets.

I'll get to the point: $30-40k immediately after graduation is an interesting topic that I find myself wanting to know more about. I'm seeing a lot of students putting money into land and property investments now more than ever. I am also noticing an increase in market play by younger individuals hoping to combine their love for gambling and risk assessment to again achieve an invest strategy. It's interesting to see what direction everyone goes after college, ya know?

It goes beyond my personal dispositions to invest in something that, economically speaking, has a depreciation rate comparable to consumer electronics, so I really found myself curious. Another lens of curiosity I had comes after purchasing a new car of my own a few weeks ago. I find myself looking at other cars on the road second guessing or pondering their TCO (Total Cost of Ownership), reasons behind personal choice (we all have different tastes or needs), or more importantly why or how fiscal responsibility plays into this all. Simply put, I love to hear why or what motivates people to do the things they do. Especially with cars since it's such an important part of our economy yet is driven (pun intended) by the strangest and (in some cases) most illogical desires.

At first glace, it might be easy to connotate my post as being "flame" worthy, but I assure you it isn't my intentions at all. I'm merely interested in your reasoning or plans associated with purchasing this thing--especially the bit about setting a post-graduation goal to procure said daily driver. I may have missed something earlier when you were planning it out that I didn't quite catch on the forums and was inevitably curious.

-G
Old 05-23-2010, 02:57 AM #239
damico

damico is a Supporting Member
damico plays in the PSP
 plays in the NXL
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.cocalino View Post
We're all dying to know the price. I'd actually like to know as someone who wouldn't mind owning one of these one day. I am in Canada, so my prices are super-inflated. If I could go down to the U.S and get one for cheap I'd definitely like to know.
just go on ebay or autotrader and you can ball-park the price of the car.
damico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 09:12 AM #240
Borg-Omen
TCUP

Borg-Omen is a Supporting Member
i thought he said he paid like 28k
Borg-Omen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 09:14 AM #241
bluepurplered
completely 100% serious

Old 05-23-2010, 09:16 AM #242
Borg-Omen
TCUP

i dont know. i thought thats what he said. i only skimmed a few pages.

meh.
Old 05-23-2010, 09:17 AM #243
bluepurplered
completely 100% serious

miles

28,000 miles

the car has 28,000 miles

pete's not telling anyone how much he paid because he's being a douche
Old 05-23-2010, 09:21 AM #244
Borg-Omen
TCUP

ohhh gotcha.

im going to guess then

Old 05-23-2010, 09:22 AM #245
ForgottenSoup
NO CHICKEN IN THIS SOUP

Nah he said less than 42

so it's between 0 and 41,000

Old 05-23-2010, 09:28 AM #246
Borg-Omen
TCUP

Old 05-23-2010, 09:35 AM #247
magman007
STi

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClawHammer View Post
*** was punched.

Come to think about it, it's the second M car totaled here that I know of.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Featherlite 07 View Post
the first being mydoolz e36 m3?

FUUUUUUUU.... At least I didn't do it, although I always thought if it ever did get totaled, it would be my fault, and I kinda wanted it that way, because if that were the case, I would probably still have it today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMaster View Post

-------

Stumbling upon this thread, it appears you were in fact waiting a while to purchase this product or at least something like it. From the looks of it, you did your market research and had patience; a virtue long seen in the collegiate level consumer markets.

I'll get to the point: $30-40k immediately after graduation is an interesting topic that I find myself wanting to know more about. I'm seeing a lot of students putting money into land and property investments now more than ever. I am also noticing an increase in market play by younger individuals hoping to combine their love for gambling and risk assessment to again achieve an invest strategy. It's interesting to see what direction everyone goes after college, ya know?

It goes beyond my personal dispositions to invest in something that, economically speaking, has a depreciation rate comparable to consumer electronics, so I really found myself curious. Another lens of curiosity I had comes after purchasing a new car of my own a few weeks ago. I find myself looking at other cars on the road second guessing or pondering their TCO (Total Cost of Ownership), reasons behind personal choice (we all have different tastes or needs), or more importantly why or how fiscal responsibility plays into this all. Simply put, I love to hear why or what motivates people to do the things they do. Especially with cars since it's such an important part of our economy yet is driven (pun intended) by the strangest and (in some cases) most illogical desires.

At first glace, it might be easy to connotate my post as being "flame" worthy, but I assure you it isn't my intentions at all. I'm merely interested in your reasoning or plans associated with purchasing this thing--especially the bit about setting a post-graduation goal to procure said daily driver. I may have missed something earlier when you were planning it out that I didn't quite catch on the forums and was inevitably curious.

-G
I will make it easy for you, pete is a car guy, who is entering a professional field. Much as I did with my e46 m3, I wanted something that I would always have pleasure driving, and still exude an aire of professionalism in my choice of vehicle.

In the price range I was looking at, nothing really fit the bill, the sti at the time was too "boy racer", same goes for the evo. Mustangs and the like dont suit my tastes, as I wanted something that could handle, with power, at the time the mustang was putting out lower numbers than the m3, and did not handle as well.

So as car guys, we did our research, and found out what car would fit our needs, It just so happens that bmw and the m division did this quite well for us, we both waited to find a clean used example (my stipulations were clean, and less than 50k miles, under 30k, with an extended warranty in the price)

I was able to purchase the car I wanted, at a fraction of its sticker cost, still in "new" condition, and having 2x the luxury, fit and finish, and accessories as the new cars I was considering, and out performing them at the same time.

Was it a good investment? No not at all, I had a gigantic car payment ~650 a month, and when it got totaled by an 87 yearold lady at a stop light, I just barely got out from under the loan.

Would I do it all over again? In a heart beat. If you are a car guy, you will understand.

Personally, I love driving, but getting behind the wheel of a chevy malibu doesn't do it for me. I love performance driving, I love driving a performance car. I like knowing that the technology in my vehicle was developed on the track, and around the ring. I love knowing that in any driving situation I wish to do, I have the car to do it in.

If I wanted to go to a track day, I could drive my car on the track, and drive it home, maybe not turn the fastest lap, but still have enough fun. If I was in an emergency situation, I know how the car will act, due to a predictable, communicable chassis, direct steering, proper suspension, etc.

I also know that if I got into an accident, that this car, compared to a cheaper car with similar crash test ratings, would handle a more severe accident, and hopefully keep me alive.

If I had to drive cross country (which I had to do on a couple of occasions) I knew that I would arrive safely, comfortably, and feel confident through out the entire trip, traveling at speeds half of which the car was designed to achieve on the autobahn. My thoughts were if the car can be used to commute at its regulated 155 mph on german public road ways that 70-100 on some jaunts of the interstate would be a breeze. Where some cars start to feel squirrely at these speeds, the m3 was planted, confident, and ready to give more.

Thats why I bought my m3, probably some of the reasons pete bought his m5, and I am sure that if you ask most of the posters on this forum who are not retarded, they could relate with their car buying decisions.
Old 05-23-2010, 10:59 AM #248
Featherlite 07
straight cash homie

Featherlite 07 is playing at Living Legends III
Featherlite 07 is one of the top 25 posters on PbNation
Quote:
Originally Posted by GMaster View Post

-------

-G
It appears you are making the point that this is a financially stupid purchase. I completely agree, and have stated this several times myself. My reasoning, then, is that the car is ungodly amounts of fun, and makes me happy. I save money, and I invest in markets. The car does not consume all of my income. I am a believer in balance. Saving the maximum possible amount of money is cool for some people, but you can't take it with you. Sure I could save forever and wait until I retire to buy a fun car, but then I'll be an old geezer who can't enjoy it and just looks at it in the garage. I'd rather have fun throughout my entire life than a few more dollars later. Maybe if I have a family, my outlook will change, but until then...
Old 05-23-2010, 11:12 AM #249
GMaster
Canon Connoisseur

GMaster is a Paintball photographer
Quote:
Originally Posted by magman007 View Post

Was it a good investment? No not at all, I had a gigantic car payment ~650 a month, and when it got totaled by an 87 yearold lady at a stop light, I just barely got out from under the loan.
Ah man sorry to hear that!

Quote:
Would I do it all over again? In a heart beat. If you are a car guy, you will understand.
Which is why I asked. And I'm glad I did.

Quote:
I love knowing that in any driving situation I wish to do, I have the car to do it in.
As men, we call this the Jason Statham Complex haha. But yes, this is why I purchased the car I did as well.

Quote:
Thats why I bought my m3, probably some of the reasons pete bought his m5, and I am sure that if you ask most of the posters on this forum who are not retarded, they could relate with their car buying decisions.
I enjoyed reading your post and agree with most of its sentiments. Hell, it almost made me want to go back out and buy that new Audi I was lookin at

I think the thing that caught me off guard with this thread was the timing of it, ya know? Post-graduation $40-60k investment can push you SO far if you plan it right--especially right now.
Old 05-23-2010, 12:09 PM #250
magman007
STi

except, there is no job market post graduation right now, which sucks.
Old 05-23-2010, 12:39 PM #251
Ynnekdude
Carpe Diem

So what do the ladies think of this thing?
"This is a hard job, and I'm not just saying this to win favour with lorry drivers. It's a hard job - change gear, change gear, change gear, check your mirrors, murder a prostitute, change gear, change gear, murder. That's a lot of effort in a day."

Russian Legion Fanclub #16
Ynnekdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 12:45 PM #252
2ffu

Quote:
Originally Posted by magman007 View Post
except, there is no job market post graduation right now, which sucks.
Maybe for people who went to school and got a less than desirable degree when it comes to the marketability of one's education.

All of my friends are still getting good jobs.
2ffu is offline   Reply With Quote