Community Focus

Old 05-17-2011, 11:39 PM #43
solrflare

solrflare is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
solrflare donated to help Peyton Trent
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpyderBiter View Post
Way too much ****ing loading in the game. Every scene or change of anything it starts a loading screen
I think that right there just turned me off.
What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us. - Emerson
The AR is like a prom queen. The AK is like a biker chick. Treat both accordingly.
solrflare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 05-17-2011, 11:41 PM #44
digitard
GregRedHastings.com

digitard works for a Paintball manufacturer
digitard is playing at Living Legends VIII
digitard has achieved Level 5 in PbNation Pursuit
digitard is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
digitard is Legendary
That's pretty common in open world games. It can stream "area to area" and be pretty fluid, but anytime you enter a cut scene location, or a building, it has to load the new location since that's only loaded when you actually enter the location.
Old 05-17-2011, 11:50 PM #45
solrflare

solrflare is a Supporting Member
solrflare donated to help Peyton Trent
Yeah, true. Pretty common with Rockstar games, too. I swear to god I used half the time I played GTA4 loading ****ing scenes...
What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us. - Emerson
The AR is like a prom queen. The AK is like a biker chick. Treat both accordingly.
solrflare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 12:07 AM #46
Witness20
I wanna Change my Name!

Witness20 helped look for balloons
Witness20 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Witness20 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Witness20 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
And its also not true. The loading screens are normally at the beginning of a case and depending on the length of the case in the middle. And how long is the loading screen 5 seconds tops big deal. It seamlessly loads insides of buildings and everything in the area without a loading screen. Of course this is on the superior version (PS3) installed onto the hard drive,
Witness20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 12:20 AM #47
digitard
GregRedHastings.com

digitard is Legendary
Don't even start a "ps3 vs xbox" type thing. It'll just turn into a back and forth.

I have a PS3 but went w/ the xbox version cause on a longer game I prefer the controller more. Both have solid reviews, though.

I'm kinda bummed this is my long work week, and I'm working odd hours (2p-2a Sun / Mon / Tues / Wed) but it's all good. I'll play the hell out of it Thursday and post my 60mins in review, and then a more thorough one later on.

Last edited by digitard : 05-18-2011 at 12:23 AM.
digitard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 12:25 AM #48
Witness20
I wanna Change my Name!

Actually PS3 is proven better Graphics wise and the like. Also 3 DVDs Vs 1 Blu Ray which means no changing. Im not a PS3 fan boy I was straight up 360 for 6 years wouldn't even consider PS but I did and I enjoy it more as a console and when the network works lol..

My only gripe is im having a hard time sitting down and playing for longer than a case at a time lol I like the game but guess my attention span is failing me...
Old 05-18-2011, 12:37 AM #49
digitard
GregRedHastings.com

digitard is Legendary
I'm not talking about this game. Just saying anytime you start a "x version is superior" there's always a back/forth and it's not worth it. Especially when both versions are solid overall.

Speaking of the "network works" I need to grab my copy of whatever games they're offering as a welcome back. I just turned my PS3 on for the first time in 4 months the other day to play Yakuza 3 finally...lol.

I like the idea of "case by case progression". I'm definitely psyched to play it, and post my thoughts.

I was watching something or other (I think Tosh.0) a bit ago @ work and they had a few commercials for LA Noire. The facial tech is just amazing how fluid and realistic it is compared to anything before it (even Heavy Rain).

I hope it catches on, but it's definitely not a tech for low budget titles since mo-cap has to be separate for the face, and body.
Old 05-18-2011, 12:39 AM #50
IplayforRelentless
Quit changing my avatar!

IplayforRelentless is BST Trusted
IplayforRelentless is a Paintball photographer
IplayforRelentless supports our troops
IplayforRelentless is one of the top 25 posters on PbNation
IplayforRelentless is attending Decay of Nations VI
I think if you enjoy and like a game enough, you don't even notice how long you play it. I spent about 5-6 hours playing RDR when I first got it and didn't even notice it got dark until I actually stopped. Well, maybe not that long, but you get my point.
"Originally posted by -|2ain: Ima kill Dieing to live when he gets back! THEY MADE ME DO A RECTAL EXAM!!!! A ****ING RECTAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!"
"Originally posted by tremis: I love the self righteousness of the photographers with the claim that they "created" a photograph. Delusional at all? The law may ignorantly side with the photographer, but the subject has done the vast majority of the work and they dont get any credit/royalties."
I take hipster photos on Instagram - @hobbesthetiger
NJ Devils MN Wild MN Twins Chi Cubs IA Hawkeyes
IplayforRelentless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 12:40 AM #51
digitard
GregRedHastings.com

digitard is Legendary
I did that with Dragon Age: Origins (Ultimate Edition)

I got so sucked into the story I played from 10a - 7p and barely noticed.
Old 05-18-2011, 10:40 AM #52
SpyderBiter
TrollRapeSurprise

I enjoy the game. I guess my loading screens are longer than what the guy with the ps3 is getting. I'll get a 20 second loading screen when starting a street crime, a minute at least for reading those newspaper stories and the story behind it, and the loading screen between cases was long enough for me to take a **** and come back to a loading screen.

I'm not sure if it's just because I have the xbox and it's being a POS and loading slow or if it's the game. Someone post up some load times.
Old 05-18-2011, 11:48 AM #53
komodo_117

Not to be a cock but the PS3 is going to have better read speeds no matter what. So it's most likely just an xbox issue. By far not the first game this has happened to.
komodo_117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 01:48 PM #54
bcfan25
sup.

bcfan25 is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Witness20 View Post
Actually PS3 is proven better Graphics wise and the like.
Actually that's a myth, well in most cases it is.

There were only like 2 games to ever fully utilize the PS3's graphic capabilities and one of them was Uncharted 2.

As far as regular games made for both, the graphics are identical.

I owned a PS3 for about 3 years and got an Xbox last year. Both consoles play the same for the most part but have different interfaces. So shut up and don't start a fight that doesn't have a definitive answer/ending.
bcfan25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 02:07 PM #55
The_Leech
Tell me I'm pretty.

The_Leech owns a Planet Eclipse Gtek
The_Leech owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
The_Leech supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcfan25 View Post
Actually that's a myth, well in most cases it is.

There were only like 2 games to ever fully utilize the PS3's graphic capabilities and one of them was Uncharted 2.

As far as regular games made for both, the graphics are identical.

I owned a PS3 for about 3 years and got an Xbox last year. Both consoles play the same for the most part but have different interfaces. So shut up and don't start a fight that doesn't have a definitive answer/ending.
Truth. I own both, mind you I will always choose my PS3 over my Xbox 360, but only a few games yet have ever pushed the PS3 past what is capable of both systems.

Uncharted 2 is indeed one of them, heavy rain is another. This is why Sony has stated in the past (trying to find the IGN article this was said in.) that they don't have any plans to make a PS4 in a hurry. What's the point when it still isn't being utilized.

But anyways....

When it comes to games on both systems, the graphics for each will be about the same, for its not "economical" for a company to make a game for 360 then to re-render it with better graphcis on PS3. It just may look better since it's actually on a Blu-Ray disc....or...**** If i know why.

Chicago Heretics in my Blood for as long as I live. The dream will live on again, maybe, someday.
The_Leech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 02:10 PM #56
digitard
GregRedHastings.com

digitard is Legendary
Generally games are designed on the XB360, and then re-worked for the PS3. This is why a lot of cross platform games are more buggy on the PS3, or don't have the same level of detail the XB360 does.

The reason? It's easier to design for the XB360. The dev tools are easier to work with for developers. The CEL system (I think it's spelled like that) the PS3 uses is notoriously hard (compared to other platforms) to design for so a lot of developers don't take advantage of what it can do. Plus the XB360 has a more active base so they go where the money is.

Obviously games like Little Big Planet, Infamous, Uncharted, etc, do take advantage of that and it shows, but they're few and far between. But when you do play those titles you can see why the PS3 was thought, before release, to be a destroyer of other systems, but it's design structure kinda killed that for most developers.

Anyways... that's that! lol.

On a side note: HILARIOUS!
Old 05-18-2011, 04:47 PM #57
Death_Taco
Come at me bro.

I'm really liking this game so far. Turning off all the clue hints and such really makes it more immersive.

But one tiny, small detail really pisses me off and takes away from the "feeling like a cop" thing they have going on. When I'm driving sirens blazing, no one moves out of the way, they run into me with their cars.

A small little AI thing like that really makes this game irk me a bit...makes it feel like GTA but slower. Not saying it's gamebreaking by any means, but I would've like to have felt like a cop and have people move out of the way when I use my sirens.
Old 05-18-2011, 10:30 PM #58
ssgaR
(yಠ,ಠ)y

ssgaR is a Supporting Member
I was really enjoying this game until the first interrogation. I'm afriad I"ll just have to use a FAQ to breeze through those because its retarded. There is only one right answer? Ridiculous. I accused him of the murder, told him he was lying when he said he had nothing to do with it and chose the gun as evidence and the game was like 'lol nope'. Stupid. His personal weapon was at the scene of the crime and thats not evidence?

Honestly if this is really going to be that sort of bull**** game where there is only one right answer and every other answer, no matter how logical or true, is deemed wrong I'm going to trade this in.

"Originally posted by paintchk2: You sir are an ***."
ssgaR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 02:38 PM #59
Witness20
I wanna Change my Name!

I just learned a fun fact that I haven't seen posted here yet. Rockstar had to cut 50% of the game out (Roughly 2 desks) because it was to much for the 360. That would have put it up to 6 discs and apparently Microsoft charges extra to companies if it goes over 3 discs. Just a fun fact to support my superior console argument.
Old 05-19-2011, 02:39 PM #60
Witness20
I wanna Change my Name!

And cars do move out of your way but in bigger cities and such cops drive in the fast lane with their sirens on and all civilian traffic moves over to the right lane...
Old 05-19-2011, 02:40 PM #61
digitard
GregRedHastings.com

digitard is Legendary
Rockstar didn't make the game. They just published it, FYI. Bondi made it.

Also stop w/ the superior console argument. Until developers actually start utilizing the hardware outside the pure storage capacity it doesn't matter. In the meantime just enjoy the games.
Old 05-19-2011, 02:52 PM #62
Witness20
I wanna Change my Name!

Regardless of who actually made it. When developers have to take away gameplay to accommodate to a lesser console then I have a problem with that is all Im trying to say.
Old 05-19-2011, 02:57 PM #63
digitard
GregRedHastings.com

digitard is Legendary
I'm not even going to get into this. The only thing I'll say is that I have all 3 consoles (+ a DSi XL, etc) and I play my XB360 more than my PS3 for a reason generally. Hell my PS3 Slim was up in my closet for months until last week when I yanked it out to randomly play Yakuza 3. I will grab my 2 free games, though, soon. Haven't decided which ones, yet.

About to start playing. I'll start the 60 (maybe 90) min timer once I get into the first playable portion, and post a 90mins in review.

** UPDATE: Just saw this on my Facebook feed.

http://www.facebook.com/notes/rockst...50305332478975

Apparently PS3's are over heating and shutting down while playing LA Noire. Awesomely superior! SUPER EFFECTIVE!

Last edited by digitard : 05-19-2011 at 02:59 PM.
digitard is offline   Reply With Quote