Originally Posted by iMPy512
But when my vanquish goes down Empire sends me the part in two days for free no questions asked.
They do have excellent customer service but so does DLX. I have seen them ship out parts no questions asked multiple times.
Here is a more comprehensive breakdown on the differences that I have put together. Keep in mind these are extremely similar platforms so most differences are pretty minimal especially in terms of shot quality. There are some pretty valid preferences that could sway a user either way depending on what they are looking for. As another user point out, a used Shocker with a spring modd'd bolt will actually get you very competitive performance going against these two designs. They are just a little more refined from their older brother. Also important to note is that both these guns have USB compatibility out of the box for updating software, adjusting settings and changing menu options.
1. Cocker threads (more barrel options/compatibility). Empire also "speed modd'd" the included barrel by removing a lot of the extra threading. It still isn't as quick to take on or off as the Ion threading but it is a lot quicker than your average cocker threaded barrel.
2. Standard 9 volt battery (pro or con depending on the person).
3. Easier access to inside the frame and body.
4. Everything uses the same size allen (although less of an advantage since the Luxe's eye covers don't require tools for access).
5. More barrel inserts out of the box and a carbon fiber tip (its loud as hell but hey, its light and its added value).
6. Slightly better air efficiency over Luxe
7. Soft face bolt tip for paint handling.
1. Ion threads (less barrel options/compatibility but quicker barrel removal and more robust threading)
2. Rechargeable Lithium ion battery (could be a pro or con depending on the person).
3. Voice adjustibility and screen for those with the OLED
4. Easier access to servicing the regulator (although its still more time consuming than traditional designs).
5. Tool less access to the eye covers.
6. Feathertouch manifold with options for slowing the forward and rearward bolt speed for better paint handling and a smoother shot.
7. Lower pressure (slightly smoother/quieter shot).