Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 08-08-2008, 11:56 PM #85
Drex17
Valar Morghulis

has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by paintballonaim View Post
i don't think it would be over quickly, but in comparison to the ME, yes you're right, it would be quicker.

and i don't know if you know or not, but i was talking more along the lines of Russia just kind of forgets Georgia and tries to invade us or something. a worst case scenario, i wasn't talking about if we simply sent more troops to Georgia.
I'm just kinda going on the assumption of " US and Russia fight over Nothern Georgia" and not "World War 3"

though by the end there probably wouldn't be a city to fight over.
"The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far. The sciences, each straining in its own direction, have hitherto harmed us little; but some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the deadly light into the peace and safety of a new dark age."
Drex17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 08-08-2008, 11:58 PM #86
Tippmann KiD213

Yes the past 69 years have been really tight against USSR (even during WWII we have been stiff towards eachother)

Americans natural enemy is Russia, we hate Russia. If we ever go to war with them, we will be brutal against them.

Its just our culture.

So lets **** em up.
Tippmann KiD213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 11:59 PM #87
mikewar1
Megabuster? LAWL

mikewar1 helped look for balloons
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tippmann KiD213 View Post
Yes the past 69 years have been really tight against USSR (even during WWII we have been stiff towards eachother)

Americans natural enemy is Russia, we hate Russia. If we ever go to war with them, we will be brutal against them.

Its just our culture.

So lets **** em up.
Do you really understand anything you are saying?
mikewar1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2008, 12:02 AM #88
Drex17
Valar Morghulis

lol how can someone be a natural and cultural enemy if hostilities are historically brand new?
"The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far. The sciences, each straining in its own direction, have hitherto harmed us little; but some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the deadly light into the peace and safety of a new dark age."
Old 08-09-2008, 12:03 AM #89
Wango_Tango
AH MOTHERLAND!!!!

Wango_Tango is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drex17 View Post

We might lose more soldiers, but it'd be over a hell of a lot quicker. Keep in mind basically our entire military has been designed with stomping on the Russians in mind.
Likewise there's has been designed to fight us, even though their army is a shell of its former self...i doubt it would be quick...but i doubt it would ever happen

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikewar1 View Post
Do you really understand anything you are saying?
no...he doesnt.

"Originally posted by §Galactus§You should sig me again. That way, when everyone looks at your signature, they would be like "Holy **** that dude is so awesome he got sigged twice" It would be espically awesome if you sigged this post. So that people who read your sig will be confused as well as amazed

I know, right?
Old 08-09-2008, 12:05 AM #90
Drex17
Valar Morghulis

Keep in mind I'm not talking "how long it took troops to set foot in Baghdad" quick, just not years of fighting.
Old 08-09-2008, 12:06 AM #91
Destro242
It's gonna eat you!

Did the georgians provoke the first movement by entering south ossentia and started trouble in there?
Destro242 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2008, 12:07 AM #92
paintballonaim (Banned)

paintballonaim is an NCPA player
paintballonaim plays in the APPA D5 division
Quote:

Its just our culture.

So lets **** em up.
i somewhat agree. it just seems that out of all other countries, the Reds are our rivals, and have been forever.
paintballonaim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2008, 12:09 AM #93
Chris631
))><((

Chris631 donated to help Peyton Trent
Chris631 supports Team VICIOUS
Chris631 supports our troops
Chris631 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
IMO, even if Georgia did start it we are their ally and should back them up when they need it even if they did start it. They have helped us in Iraq and this would be returning the favor.

ST- The Taylor Swift Thread: She makes our hearts melt!!
Livin' in a lonely world....
She took the midnight train goin' anywhere
Chris631 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2008, 12:23 AM #94
Jennifer Lopez

Like it's been said before, I hate the news. Id actually like to listen to some info on this to see if there is any possible way of it affecting us (from the little that Ive been able to read it doesn't look like it) but i guess all Americans need to watch the 9000 channels of news going over repeating the same info on the Edwards affair for 24/7.
Old 08-09-2008, 12:26 AM #95
xbreaka

for you people who are on the russia bandwagon and are claiming georgia is aggressing Russia please do some research

post independence - georgia leans more western, signs military and trade deals with US and west, russia no likey. south ossetia (a few years later) becomes de facto independent, but nobody actually recognizes it legally.

2000's ish - russia bombs / shells georgian territory, claiming to be going after Chechnyan separatists. this is an act of war, ignored by the Georgians.

2003 - Georgia undergoes "rose revolution," bringing strongly pro-western political figures into power. This coincides with the Orange revolution in the Ukraine, and other pro-western movements at the time in the former realm of Russian influence. Russia regards this as an effrontery to its circle of power.

2006 - Georgia announces it will apply for NATO (along with Ukraine), this is viewed as western meddling in Russian sphere of influence by the Russians. 2-3 months later, russia suddenly decides to double the price of all gas exports to the country, after a suspicious bombing of the pipeline disrupts all gas exports to Georgia for several months (never solved who did it). Russia leaves all gas prices for other former Soviet countries the same. This would be like OPEC doubling the price of oil, but only to the US, as a result of a dislike of something the US did. Georgia arrests 4 Russian troops, accusing them of being spies. Russia no likey, imposes semi-embargo on Georgia.

2008 (early) - russia bombs georgian positions, claiming that they were shot at. Russian planes begin regularly flying over Georgian airspace, a fact denied by Russians until the Georgians shot one down. In April, NATO says that acceptance of Georgia and Ukraine to NATO is not a matter of "if", but a matter of "when." Russia no likey. Russia continuously flies planes over Georgian airspace, while claiming to never do it. UN officials confirm that they are.

2008 (2-3 months ago) - Russia signs trade and other agreements with South Ossetia. This implies recognition of the province's independence, something which no other nation or body of nations has done. Georgia doesn't like this, they view this as Russian meddling in Georgian internal affairs.

2008 (now) - Georgia invades province to restore it to the fold, with one of its motivations surely being to limit Russian influence in what it regards as its province. Russia counter-invades, claiming to be defending freedom and democracy.

Hint to Russia, shooting down aircraft and UAVs in someone elses airspace is bad diplomacy

I hope the russians get spanked
Old 08-09-2008, 12:47 AM #96
ruben42
2k5er

ruben42 supports Shocker RSX
ruben42 supports Ninja Paintball
Russians are going to get handled.
ruben42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2008, 12:48 AM #97
He's Ebeneezer Goode

Quote:
haha Russia's ****ed if the Allies go in.
Jesus you guys talk like it's some sort of call of duty game. A second war would bend our economy over backwards, not a good idea to go in. Let the Ruskies play this out on their own.

We ***** and moan about Iraq and then we are gung-ho about hittin a military power that makes Iraq look like a little poodle? Not a good idea
512 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2008, 12:49 AM #98
mct783

I don't care, this is not our war. We have troops in Iraq and Afghanistan, and aren't having the best relations with Iran and North Korea. The LAST, and VERY last thing we need is war with a nuclear superpower. Blood between the U.S. and Russia has always been bitter, and always will be, and fighting between the two would get brutal if it got down to it.

With that, I seriously doubt NATO, the U.S., or U.N. will get involved so long that neither side commits war crimes. If anything, the U.S. will probably send peacekeeping troops to sit around and look mean.

Anyone played Ghost Recon...?
mct783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2008, 12:49 AM #99
I <3 T3H BUTTSECKS

Quote:
Originally Posted by 512 View Post
Jesus you guys talk like it's some sort of call of duty game. A second war would bend our economy over backwards, not a good idea to go in. Let the Ruskies play this out on their own.

We ***** and moan about Iraq and then we are gung-ho about hittin a military power that makes Iraq look like a little poodle? Not a good idea
This is true. America economically would be over if another war broke out.
I <3 T3H BUTTSECKS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2008, 12:52 AM #100
xbreaka

Quote:
Originally Posted by I <3 T3H BUTTSECKS View Post
This is true. America economically would be over if another war broke out.
not neccessarilly if we had to mobilize the american industrial war machine for another great conflict I think our economy would do quite well
Old 08-09-2008, 12:56 AM #101
He's Ebeneezer Goode

Quote:
Originally Posted by paintballonaim View Post
i somewhat agree. it just seems that out of all other countries, the Reds are our rivals, and have been forever.
Because they are communist still, am I right!?

We hated the big communist machine that wanted to spread itself while we wanted the opposite.

Jesus, what kind of vendetta do you guys have against Russia? It's been over a decade since the soviet communists ruled.
Old 08-09-2008, 12:59 AM #102
I <3 T3H BUTTSECKS

Quote:
Originally Posted by xbreaka View Post
not neccessarilly if we had to mobilize the american industrial war machine for another great conflict I think our economy would do quite well
Seeing as the economy is in a steady decline as we speak, going into another international turmoil would in the end make it suffer even more.
I <3 T3H BUTTSECKS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2008, 01:01 AM #103
He's Ebeneezer Goode

First off, this full military mega punch you guys think is going to happen brings up a question, what about Iraq?

Our military is currently engaged in a conflict, so we can drop it (won't happen) or half *** Russia and dig ourselves an early grave.
Old 08-09-2008, 01:12 AM #104
EastCoastManiac21 (Banned)

Quote:
Originally Posted by xbreaka View Post
for you people who are on the russia bandwagon and are claiming georgia is aggressing Russia please do some research

post independence - georgia leans more western, signs military and trade deals with US and west, russia no likey. south ossetia (a few years later) becomes de facto independent, but nobody actually recognizes it legally.

2000's ish - russia bombs / shells georgian territory, claiming to be going after Chechnyan separatists. this is an act of war, ignored by the Georgians.

2003 - Georgia undergoes "rose revolution," bringing strongly pro-western political figures into power. This coincides with the Orange revolution in the Ukraine, and other pro-western movements at the time in the former realm of Russian influence. Russia regards this as an effrontery to its circle of power.

2006 - Georgia announces it will apply for NATO (along with Ukraine), this is viewed as western meddling in Russian sphere of influence by the Russians. 2-3 months later, russia suddenly decides to double the price of all gas exports to the country, after a suspicious bombing of the pipeline disrupts all gas exports to Georgia for several months (never solved who did it). Russia leaves all gas prices for other former Soviet countries the same. This would be like OPEC doubling the price of oil, but only to the US, as a result of a dislike of something the US did. Georgia arrests 4 Russian troops, accusing them of being spies. Russia no likey, imposes semi-embargo on Georgia.

2008 (early) - russia bombs georgian positions, claiming that they were shot at. Russian planes begin regularly flying over Georgian airspace, a fact denied by Russians until the Georgians shot one down. In April, NATO says that acceptance of Georgia and Ukraine to NATO is not a matter of "if", but a matter of "when." Russia no likey. Russia continuously flies planes over Georgian airspace, while claiming to never do it. UN officials confirm that they are.

2008 (2-3 months ago) - Russia signs trade and other agreements with South Ossetia. This implies recognition of the province's independence, something which no other nation or body of nations has done. Georgia doesn't like this, they view this as Russian meddling in Georgian internal affairs.

2008 (now) - Georgia invades province to restore it to the fold, with one of its motivations surely being to limit Russian influence in what it regards as its province. Russia counter-invades, claiming to be defending freedom and democracy.

Hint to Russia, shooting down aircraft and UAVs in someone elses airspace is bad diplomacy

I hope the russians get spanked
your a tool.
Hint to you: a ****load of georgians live in russia/south ossetia and dont want to live in georgia.
just fyi.

georgia invading south ossetia, and then the georgian peace keepers shoot all the russian peacekeepers. and then shoot down russian planes. thats not hostile or anything. and how russia said they wont do anything military wise during the olympics and georgia goes in and starts shooting ****. also georgia bombed a resort in russia were innocent people were taking a vacation.

georgias ****ed either way. and the US would have to fight on two fronts ( georgia, and iraq/middle east)

/if your guna try to be smart read some non biast news please. and then go into pbnation trying to convince 12 year olds that you know what your talking about

Last edited by EastCoastManiac21 : 08-09-2008 at 01:14 AM.
EastCoastManiac21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2008, 01:14 AM #105
savage003

Quote:
Originally Posted by 512 View Post
Because they are communist still, am I right!?

We hated the big communist machine that wanted to spread itself while we wanted the opposite.

Jesus, what kind of vendetta do you guys have against Russia? It's been over a decade since the soviet communists ruled.
Now I totally agree with you. Really, I do. But what you have to realize is that America still has that "Forgive but don't forget" mentality. As much as you'd like to say "get over it," the thing is, is that it will probably always be there; or at least for a very long time.
savage003 is offline   Reply With Quote