Community Focus
Community Focus

ReplyRegional Ups

Old 12-15-2008, 03:53 PM #43
Carnagge

has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by DIMP View Post
See i never said sponsorship, i dont plan to ever get one in paintball. I hardly play so no need to look for one. All i said is it be nice to maybe get discounts on paint but it dont seem its gonna ever happen. 65 a case is doable, but with gas prices below 2, i dont mine driving 4 hrs to a place that allows byob or cheaper paint. But thats just me.. I am interested in that league setup, anyone want to join up for one??
The rant was not directed at you.

I don't think they really are competing with anyone right now anways, indoor with heat with nice turf in CR... They don't need to compete with someone 3-5 hours away. Most people simply won't go...on a regular basis when something is just nice and closer.

68/4500 tank
https://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...2#post64366912
Carnagge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 12-15-2008, 04:54 PM #44
Jonathan Tegeler

wish i could make it out this weekend.. but i guess i should work to i have money to play on the 26th
Jonathan Tegeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 07:49 PM #45
Iron Wasp

yeah i wasnt talkn sponsorship or anything like that just a rewards type thing so those hard earned dollars go a little further. I'm getting out of shape and paintball is the only real exercise i enjoy.Wonder if I could right my membership off as a health deduction!
Iron Wasp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 08:09 PM #46
ProdigyOG

how was the first weekend open?
ProdigyOG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 08:32 PM #47
Carnagge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Wasp View Post
yeah i wasnt talkn sponsorship or anything like that just a rewards type thing so those hard earned dollars go a little further. I'm getting out of shape and paintball is the only real exercise i enjoy.Wonder if I could right my membership off as a health deduction!
Go jogging on all this ice we've been getting... just kidding.

This weather does really blow for the whole I want to get in shape/lose weight thing.

68/4500 tank
Old 12-15-2008, 09:51 PM #48
DIMP
$100,000

DIMP is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Wasp View Post
Not really rewards either, **** its the holiday season. Isn't this holiday one to give instead of receiving? Paint should be drastically lower through out this next two weeks!! Discounted paint would be awesome.
Old 12-15-2008, 09:53 PM #49
ciscob
EGO/DM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProdigyOG View Post
how was the first weekend open?

Great. I saw alot of people and alot of new faces. Everyone seemed happy, laughing and having a good time.
ciscob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 09:56 PM #50
TriggaHappyKid
•••Love™•••

TriggaHappyKid is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carnagge View Post
Go jogging on all this ice we've been getting... just kidding.

This weather does really blow for the whole I want to get in shape/lose weight thing.
You have no idea, try gearing up for NCAA D2 Indoor track season lol. I think I'll have quite the adventure running over break.

I am pretty excited for this field. I'll be playing there either Saturday or Sunday this weekend. Looks and sounds pretty legit.
Old 12-15-2008, 10:25 PM #51
ciscob
EGO/DM

i felt sorry for the person/people who had to clean the field up afterwards.
Old 12-15-2008, 11:50 PM #52
1stpidcmdr

I miss my grass, trees and battlefield
1stpidcmdr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 02:40 PM #53
EvilOgre8705
BBC!

EvilOgre8705 plays in the APPA beginner division
Quote:
Hey some kids can't afford 65 + entrance just to play a few hrs. So any discount/deals help out a lot. And man i know about discounts! i take as many as i can get with my car.

I understand some people/kids can't afford that but, paintball is expensive and you gotta understand that the first time you see a gun at a paintball store or know what the entry is for PSP/NPPL...and that also calls out for a job and not your parents....

Anyway seems the field is k!ck@$$..ill have to check it out real soon.. If it stops snowing!
Old 12-16-2008, 06:25 PM #54
EvilMafia

Will there be an indoor tournament any time soon? I have a bunch of restless Augustana College Vikings who are looking for some action.
Ebay rating 87+/1N/0-
EvilMafia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 07:59 PM #55
DIMP
$100,000

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilOgre8705 View Post
I understand some people/kids can't afford that but, paintball is expensive and you gotta understand that the first time you see a gun at a paintball store or know what the entry is for PSP/NPPL...and that also calls out for a job and not your parents....

Anyway seems the field is k!ck@$$..ill have to check it out real soon.. If it stops snowing!
Paintball IS expensive, but guess who is supporting it? The noobies and local rental kids. They are really the ones that are gonna make paintball live or die. Now most this kids CANNOT afford those prices, I was just suggesting maybe lower prices or cheaper paint=lower prices .. I know ALOT of people that are young and like paintball, but like i said prices are what really keep them from coming out. If they could market correctly they can surely be a great field here in CR. They are about 1/2 mile from a Jefferson High School. Where there is many kids that are some what interested in paintball. If APP can do something right, they can have a huge crowd, which is good for everyone.
Old 12-16-2008, 08:29 PM #56
Untouchable(COV)
MW-RIP Towlie-HK

Sky had to clean the field.
More power to you little man.
Old 12-16-2008, 08:44 PM #57
ballin1991

Quote:
Paintball IS expensive, but guess who is supporting it? The noobies and local rental kids. They are really the ones that are gonna make paintball live or die. Now most this kids CANNOT afford those prices, I was just suggesting maybe lower prices or cheaper paint=lower prices .. I know ALOT of people that are young and like paintball, but like i said prices are what really keep them from coming out. If they could market correctly they can surely be a great field here in CR. They are about 1/2 mile from a Jefferson High School. Where there is many kids that are some what interested in paintball. If APP can do something right, they can have a huge crowd, which is good for everyone.
All you people need to quit complaining about paint and entry prices. All everybodydoes is complain about this. First address, then opening dzte, and now paint prices., Seriously do you have nothing better to do, cause it sure doesn't seem like it. So lets face it paintball is an expensive sport, and if you don't like it your in the wrong sport.
ballin1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 08:58 PM #58
brycedrury

i will hopefully be out there the 26th and the 27th.
brycedrury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 09:28 PM #59
Iron Wasp

I know theres alot of work yet to be done on the rec field but im sure once its up we could talk bill into running a limited paint/ stock class games. this is really the best way to have a good time for less. Time to get a tac cap for the old iron finger A5
Iron Wasp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 11:53 PM #60
ciscob
EGO/DM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Untouchable(COV) View Post
Sky had to clean the field.
More power to you little man.
talk about being a trooper.
Old 12-17-2008, 01:48 AM #61
DIMP
$100,000

Quote:
Originally Posted by ballin1991 View Post
All you people need to quit complaining about paint and entry prices. All everybodydoes is complain about this. First address, then opening dzte, and now paint prices., Seriously do you have nothing better to do, cause it sure doesn't seem like it. So lets face it paintball is an expensive sport, and if you don't like it your in the wrong sport.
Im not complaining, I make enough money to play anytime i want, i just choose not to. I was just giving an opinion, now dont complain later on when field/store or w.e closes cause not enough business. this was an idea for them to maybe get more business. It for the business owner to think over. Not for people like you that don't really know what im trying to say, and think its just complaining.
Old 12-17-2008, 07:25 AM #62
Carnagge

Quote:
Originally Posted by ballin1991 View Post
Well you guys did miss the opening date. But paint prices are just everyone wanting everything for free or next to nothing again.

68/4500 tank
Old 12-17-2008, 09:11 AM #63
TeamLegend
Swift, Silent, & Deadly

TeamLegend is a Professional paintball player
TeamLegend plays in the USPL
TeamLegend donated to help Peyton Trent
WTF!!!

I have yet to see a complaint from anyone that actually paid entry and bought a case or two to play last weekend (And Actually Played). Seems to me that everyone that came out and supported the cause with $$$ to play & did play had a great time!

I missed the opening date as well. Damn! **** happens! I'm just hoping to get home in the next couple days so I can play. I'll be happy to pay entry fee and whatever price they're asking for paint. 15 minutes from my house, I never would have thought.

I can't wait to bring Legend in there to work on skillz! Hope to see everyone out there.

Enough with all the negative feedback already, no one is listening.

Last edited by TeamLegend : 12-17-2008 at 10:01 AM.
TeamLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyRegional Ups