Community Focus
Community Focus

Closed Thread

Old 11-10-2008, 10:01 AM #1
tipprt

has been a member for 10 years
tipprt supports Shocker RSX
Virtue board

I see the website says compatible with both 2 and 4 eyes, but I read on certain stickies that they are not. Which is True? Anyone have a Virtue board on their Marq?

Also, I have only seen 1 person say to run the board stock if you have the PE bolt. Does this have any merit? If the stock dwell is 10 should I drop it to 8?
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 11-10-2008, 10:28 AM #2
maer9
Is Perkins a guido?

Virtue's new code supports quad eyes, the earlier ones don't. It's not more hassle than to send it in to get it reflashed.

The dwell is supposed to be at 8 ms w/ the Proficiency Engine. LPR at 70 psi.
Old 11-10-2008, 11:11 AM #3
SKI008

plays in the NXL
Stock dwell for the stock engine is 8, I've heard all sorts fo settings for the proficiency engine that work but I'm pretty sure you want to run the dwell lower than 8 for it. (I heard 5-6 was possible and what you should be aiming for with the PE).
Old 11-10-2008, 12:58 PM #4
AlmightyRuler
*PC’ness=Cancer(ous)

BLAST set my LPR to 62 psi with the Proficiency Engine. Before I sent it I had it at 80 psi. So I would try that with a dwell of 8 ms.

"You know, if you take everything I've done in my entire life & condense it down into one (1) day....it looks decent! 👌🏻"
~George Louis Costanza
Old 11-10-2008, 02:57 PM #5
tipprt

tipprt supports Shocker RSX
Getting the board flashed wasn't an option with Virtue, they kept pushing the new OLED on me. Wish I never bought it. Oh well. Thanks for the help guys.

Maybe I will hold out for a new Frenzy board (4.0 maybe)

Current settings Dwell 8, LPR 80, HPR 160ish, 70/45 hp tank, hot filled to 4000 getting 9 pods.
Old 11-10-2008, 03:39 PM #6
dcbiii
Mega Moderator

Annual Supporting Member
dcbiii is a Mega Moderator
Quote:
Originally Posted by maer9 View Post
Virtue's new code supports quad eyes, the earlier ones don't. It's not more hassle than to send it in to get it reflashed.

The dwell is supposed to be at 8 ms w/ the Proficiency Engine. LPR at 70 psi.
Are you positive on this?

I was messing around with a demo gun with the new OLED boards they produced...and it looked like the display only had the means to depict two eyes (the diagram for empty\full breech was either full or not, no half\half).

Somebody call them and confirm.
Old 11-10-2008, 05:14 PM #7
lopez17
Valar Morghulis

Annual Supporting Member
lopez17 is a Mega Moderator
lopez17 is a Moderator
lopez17 is a Supporting Member
lopez17 supports Pev's Paintball
lopez17 is one of the top 100 posters on PbNation
I questioned them in their OLED thread in the news forum and got a rather snippy reply back saying that the new OLED's do utilize 4 eyes and that they've paid the royalties to utilize the patent. Now that being said, Virtue is about as shady as they come in this sport and their suspect practices are one of the reasons I'm glad Will is in the sport. I'd much rather buy from a guy like him.

Old 11-10-2008, 05:50 PM #8
Blackrain7557
Most negative person ever

Blackrain7557 owns a Planet Eclipse CS2
Quote:
Originally Posted by lopez17 View Post
I questioned them in their OLED thread in the news forum and got a rather snippy reply back saying that the new OLED's do utilize 4 eyes and that they've paid the royalties to utilize the patent. Now that being said, Virtue is about as shady as they come in this sport and their suspect practices are one of the reasons I'm glad Will is in the sport. I'd much rather buy from a guy like him.
I got that as well, i support Tadao all the way, the Yakuza board is one of the nicest boards i have used and my rapper shoots great with it.
Old 11-10-2008, 06:21 PM #9
AlmightyRuler
*PC’ness=Cancer(ous)

Quote:
Do you mean this?
Quote:
They "supported" them before...the better question is are they using both sets now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomaconda View Post
Yes, as Chris said, we have worked out the license agreement and the new OLED Marq boards use both sets of eyes.
Yeah, that's a real snippy reply .

"You know, if you take everything I've done in my entire life & condense it down into one (1) day....it looks decent! 👌🏻"
~George Louis Costanza
Old 11-10-2008, 06:44 PM #10
Blackrain7557
Most negative person ever

Blackrain7557 owns a Planet Eclipse CS2
Quote:
Originally Posted by christianwilliams View Post
Blackrain7557 wants to know if the boards actually use the 4 eyes and not just work in 4 eye guns. Yes, we actually coughed up the licensing fee to pay for the 4C technology. The reason it wasn't there in previous Redefined Virtue boards was for several reasons which I won't get into on a public forum.
no that one...which is a little bit more snarky...but nothing to get up in arms over
Old 11-13-2008, 03:32 PM #11
AlmightyRuler
*PC’ness=Cancer(ous)

He said it was in response to the question he asked. Which is the one I quoted. Neither one is snarky.

~George Louis Costanza
Old 11-13-2008, 05:47 PM #12
dcbiii
Mega Moderator

Annual Supporting Member
dcbiii is a Mega Moderator
Thanks for the information Lopez.

I'm closing this because it's just getting into semantics.