Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 02-12-2013, 10:42 AM #1
angry bucket
i play xball in semi

has been a member for 10 years
angry bucket owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
DAM problems

hey guys i picked up a brand new DAM off my buddy(he got it a world cup) and i finaly found some time to put some paint thru it. i can not stop paint from breaking in the gun. like it will shoot a few rounds then a ball break and it gets everywhere. Down the barrel, on the bolt, up the feed neck, so bad my eyes wont self clean. id strip it all down clean it and it happens again. my velocity is only around 260. i thought it might be the paint but i put the same hopper paint and barrel on my ego shotting at 290 and i can shoot thru a whole hopper on ramp not a single problem. ive never had this problem with a DM before. can someone please help.
angry bucket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 02-12-2013, 11:16 AM #2
Drayven

What hopper? Is it doing it when magfed? Depending on what hopper it is, you can try turning down the pressure on the stack. Sounds like the bolt may be clipping the next ball when it comes through.
Old 02-12-2013, 11:44 AM #3
-Lightning-
Be the thunder

-Lightning- is playing at Living Legends VI
-Lightning- has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
-Lightning- has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
-Lightning- supports DLX Technology
They where chopping like crazy at cup too!
-Lightning- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 11:56 AM #4
bryanzero858

bryanzero858 works for a Paintball manufacturer
mag or hopper fed? try re situating the pipe.
bryanzero858 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 12:35 PM #5
angry bucket
i play xball in semi

prophacy, and rotor. mag feed almost once a mag(using both sides)
Old 02-12-2013, 12:37 PM #6
angry bucket
i play xball in semi

makes sense its clipping the next ball in the stack... no promlems if i fedd one at a time with no hopper. but i would think if its the hopper it wouldnt be a problem with teh mags. thinking of just using first strike rounds with it and no hopper
Old 02-12-2013, 01:27 PM #7
angry bucket
i play xball in semi

this may be a dumb question but did dye eliminate the lpr with the addition of the inline hpr?
Old 02-12-2013, 03:22 PM #8
CrazyHarry
Evil Genius

CrazyHarry is playing at Living Legends VII
CrazyHarry has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
CrazyHarry has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
CrazyHarry supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by angry bucket View Post
this may be a dumb question but did dye eliminate the lpr with the addition of the inline hpr?
The DAM, operationally, is closer to the rail then the DM. It doesn't use an LPR.
CrazyHarry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 11:11 PM #9
DTMsurf
S.D. CA

I haven't had this problem with my dam using a rotor. I wonder if your eye pipe is not lined up correctly. If it is just a little off there would be an edge that could damage balls on both mag and hopper. When I took mine out and put it back in I had it just a little off its easy to do.
Old 02-13-2013, 12:57 PM #10
-Lightning-
Be the thunder

-Lightning- is playing at Living Legends VI
-Lightning- has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
-Lightning- has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
-Lightning- supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by DTMsurf View Post
I haven't had this problem with my dam using a rotor. I wonder if your eye pipe is not lined up correctly. If it is just a little off there would be an edge that could damage balls on both mag and hopper. When I took mine out and put it back in I had it just a little off its easy to do.
This. Take out the eye pipe, clean it, put it back in. If the problem precist, call dye.
-Lightning- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 01:29 PM #11
A!Ds

i figured out the issues with the paint chopping in the dye dam. what you need to check is first the eye pipe inside you have to make sure its properly seated and angled inside and that complete rotates all the way around. if it isnt properly angled it cause a gap when you switch the selector for the paint it will get pinched inside and cause paint to chop inside.i found that when i pushed it a lil bit more to left go inward it helped with the gap issue. also another thing i found on my dam after i bought it, it had been sitting on configuration mode ( i never touched the board when i bought) so check and see if the board sitting on config. after i did all this my dam shoots like a monster never chopped paint ever again.

Last edited by A!Ds : 02-23-2013 at 01:33 PM.
A!Ds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 01:38 PM #12
A!Ds

Quote:
Originally Posted by angry bucket View Post
hey guys i picked up a brand new DAM off my buddy(he got it a world cup) and i finaly found some time to put some paint thru it. i can not stop paint from breaking in the gun. like it will shoot a few rounds then a ball break and it gets everywhere. Down the barrel, on the bolt, up the feed neck, so bad my eyes wont self clean. id strip it all down clean it and it happens again. my velocity is only around 260. i thought it might be the paint but i put the same hopper paint and barrel on my ego shotting at 290 and i can shoot thru a whole hopper on ramp not a single problem. ive never had this problem with a DM before. can someone please help.
i figured out the issues with the paint chopping in the dye dam. what you need to check is first the eye pipe inside you have to make sure its properly seated and angled inside and that complete rotates all the way around. if it isnt properly angled it cause a gap when you switch the selector for the paint it will get pinched inside and cause paint to chop inside.i found that when i pushed it a lil bit more to left go inward it helped with the gap issue. also another thing i found on my dam after i bought it, it had been sitting on configuration mode ( i never touched the board when i bought) so check and see if the board sitting on config. after i did all this my dam shoots like a monster never chopped paint ever again.
A!Ds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 02:02 AM #13
METHORN

METHORN owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
METHORN owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
A!Ds is correct you do need to make sure your eye pipe is seated properly or it can cause an issue with the marker firing another more common issue with dms and nts is the eyepipe it self. If the eyepipe is opague in color or is dingy it can cause the marker to chop paint or have other issue. Whats happening is that the discoloration in the eyepipe pervents the eyes from properly seeing the ball another issue is that when you screw the barrel into the marker you end up pushing the eyepipe so when the marker fires a ball it cause undo pressure on the ball as the bolt trys to push it out the breech and will ultimately cause a break or for the ball to have a weird flight path as its dimpled
METHORN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 07:22 AM #14
traven

traven owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
traven plays in the APPA D4 division
traven supports DLX Technology
Change the detents. I know the detents wear out quick. It's been an issue since the NT. it'll double feed and break balls like a blender.
Old 01-06-2014, 10:33 PM #15
Jase808

Jase808 is playing at Living Legends VI
Jase808 is playing at Living Legends VII
Jase808 is playing at Living Legends VIII
Jase808 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Jase808 owns a Planet Eclipse Gtek
Jase808 supports Team VICIOUS
Jase808 is attending Decay of Nations VII
Anyone know if the BWING bolt for the dam is worth the money? Im playing with mine for the first time this weekend. Havent had any issues messing around at home with paint from the hopper or mags just wondering if the new bolt will help or if it's a waste of money?
Old 01-09-2014, 12:24 PM #16
warrior24
Team Rival

warrior24 owns a Planet Eclipse CS1
My buddy has the new ironman bolt, had a huge amount of breaks prior, with the new bolt he hardly has an issues at all, loves it.
warrior24 is offline   Reply With Quote