Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 04-07-2009, 08:54 PM #85
ih8ipods
Way diffrent in real life

i found that the refs usually treat the american teams better than the Canadian ones

PLEASE STOP USING DUBSTEP IN ANY AND ALL PAINTBALL VIDEOS CAUSE REALLY ITS JUST HARD TO WATCH WITH THAT UNINTELLIGIBLE GARBAGE PLAYING.

On average NPPL and semi players can satisfy their girlfriends and wives much better than PSP and ramping players :)
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 04-07-2009, 10:19 PM #86
FatalKitty
I has the awesome

has been a member for 10 years
FatalKitty is a Paintball photographer
FatalKitty donated to help Peyton Trent
FatalKitty helped look for balloons
Quote:
Originally Posted by ih8ipods View Post
i found that the refs usually treat the american teams better than the Canadian ones
yea, and last time I was in Canada I was treated like **** by EVERYONE I encountered... sucks doesn't it.
Old 04-07-2009, 10:23 PM #87
BlackCellPB
Fueled By Success

BlackCellPB plays in the USPL
BlackCellPB plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatalKitty View Post
yea, and last time I was in Canada I was treated like **** by EVERYONE I encountered... sucks doesn't it.
How Ironic....I was Treated Like **** in France and Canada!
Old 04-07-2009, 10:25 PM #88
Blazestorm2
I like me

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatalKitty View Post
You must have been acting like a jackass... everytime I've been up to canada (To ref a paintball tournament of mainly canadians) they're always super nice... border is the worst, but it sucks both ways.
Old 04-07-2009, 10:27 PM #89
BlackCellPB
Fueled By Success

BlackCellPB plays in the USPL
BlackCellPB plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazestorm2 View Post
You must have been acting like a jackass... everytime I've been up to canada (To ref a paintball tournament of mainly canadians) they're always super nice... border is the worst, but it sucks both ways.
I was in the Military!
Old 04-07-2009, 10:27 PM #90
bucktownbandit4

ran way faster and smoother just dont like how coasts are split up now...dc is going to be too small of an event seeing as how this hb had so many less teams

Nick Andrew
VALKEN / SALES

skype / nick_valken
www.valkendealer.com
Old 04-07-2009, 10:41 PM #91
FatalKitty
I has the awesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazestorm2 View Post
take a poll of Canadian opinion of Americans. I will admit, I can be a complete *******, ask my friends they will tell you... but my Grandmother was treated the same way (we were visiting friends and family together) so I really doubt that's what the problem was.
Old 04-07-2009, 10:48 PM #92
Blazestorm2
I like me

Must have not been to BC then... that's about as far as we went up there...

Honestly, like every time we've been up there it's been awesome, so I dunno...
Old 04-07-2009, 10:49 PM #93
TuxMag26

TuxMag26 is a founding member
nobody likes americans...

fact is, without america, the world would be WAY different...

tons of countries make TONS of money from American tourists who are known to spend the most money of all tourists. People hate us, problem is, if we go away, their quality of life would in turn decrease...

America is like the most popular kid in school.

love us or hate us we still the best
Old 04-07-2009, 10:51 PM #94
talib

GOOD
We were Playin paintball
Hot Chics
We were on the beach (chics in Bikini's)
Surf competition (more hot chics)

BAD
Needed free Water for players and refs
Bathroom in paddocks
Better Refs on side fields.
Field Paint Only is stupid
Old 04-07-2009, 11:02 PM #95
talib

I know that you make money on paint sales, but lLIMIT the paint in pump.

I didn't expect dye to be there, they dont show up, would of been nice since people were shooting there guns and they were only a hour or so away.

Where was JT. I have three broke velocities that i need fixed, and I need some pro-flex parts
Old 04-07-2009, 11:25 PM #96
FatalKitty
I has the awesome

^^^ there were more than 5 vendors selling flex parts at great prices all weekend
Old 04-10-2009, 01:04 AM #97
hangingheels
Surfing Baller

NPPL HB 2008 WAS BY FAR A MUCH BETTER EVENT HANDS DOWN. IT WAS SAD TO SEE THE NPPL COME TO ITS DEMISE. BUT THIS ISNT THE NPPL, ALL WE CAN DO IS HOPE THAT THE USPL SUCCEEDS AND BRINGS PAINTBALL BACK INTO THE MAINSTREAM. IT WOULD BE NICE TO SEE ANOTHER XTREME PAINTBALL BEYOND THE PAINT ON T.V.
AGAIN AS FAR AS THE EVENT IS CONSIDERED, IT WAS VERY DISSAPOINTING AS A SPECTATOR, ESPECIALLY ONE WITH SMALL CHILDREN. FOR THOSE OF YOU NOT UNDERSTANDING THE DIFFICULTIES OF NOT BEING ABLE TO USE YOUR STROLLER WILL SOON HAVE YOUR DAY. I DID CARY MY KIDS, BOTH OF THEM, AND IT SUCKED.
THE VENDING AREA WAS GARBAGE, GARBAGE, GARBAGE, GARBAGE AND THAT PRETTY MUCH SUMS IT UP.
GL USPL. HOPE TO SEE YOU AROUND NEXT YEAR
Old 04-10-2009, 03:20 PM #98
undrdg
RIP Larry Alexander

Quote:
Originally Posted by hangingheels View Post
NPPL HB 2008 WAS BY FAR A MUCH BETTER EVENT HANDS DOWN. IT WAS SAD TO SEE THE NPPL COME TO ITS DEMISE. BUT THIS ISNT THE NPPL, ALL WE CAN DO IS HOPE THAT THE USPL SUCCEEDS AND BRINGS PAINTBALL BACK INTO THE MAINSTREAM. IT WOULD BE NICE TO SEE ANOTHER XTREME PAINTBALL BEYOND THE PAINT ON T.V.
AGAIN AS FAR AS THE EVENT IS CONSIDERED, IT WAS VERY DISSAPOINTING AS A SPECTATOR, ESPECIALLY ONE WITH SMALL CHILDREN. FOR THOSE OF YOU NOT UNDERSTANDING THE DIFFICULTIES OF NOT BEING ABLE TO USE YOUR STROLLER WILL SOON HAVE YOUR DAY. I DID CARY MY KIDS, BOTH OF THEM, AND IT SUCKED.
THE VENDING AREA WAS GARBAGE, GARBAGE, GARBAGE, GARBAGE AND THAT PRETTY MUCH SUMS IT UP.
GL USPL. HOPE TO SEE YOU AROUND NEXT YEAR
I can understand what are you saying since hb08 was on the board walk where you could use your stroller. I am not sure why this year they could not put vendors on the boardwalk. Perhaps it was a city permit thing or perhaps not i am not sure.
What I do know is that USPL improvised with the planks and did the best they could with the space they had available.
While it is unfortunate that you had a hard time with your stroller and kids, thousands of other people enjoyed the spectacle and provided positive feedback.
Maybe next year, there will be more teams and therefore by default more room will be needed and u will be able to use your stroller.
I encourage you to continue to support USPL so that you can continue to come to HB and use your stroller.
Old 04-10-2009, 04:14 PM #99
TzeentchianGod
aka Sentinel

TzeentchianGod is a Supporting Member
TzeentchianGod supports Cereal Killerz 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthepaintballguy View Post
If I was going to beach with kids, I would bring a baby bjorn or some other baby carrying device. I'd be smart enough to know that there would be SAND at the beach. It's not rocket science. People need to be realistic with what they are asking/suggesting/complaining about.
This is just about the dumbest thing I've read in a while, and I read PbNation every day.

When you have a small child, have fun with your dose of reality.

Wait! We have a new contender...

Quote:
Originally Posted by tikipball View Post
For people that are complaining about bringing their kids and having to push a stroller, deal with it. You are at the damn beach. When my daughters were infants, we didnt bring a stroller to the beach because of the thing they call SAND. Its hard to push through. Sack it up, be man and help your wife carry the large baby bag and blankets.

Last edited by TzeentchianGod : 04-10-2009 at 04:18 PM.
Old 04-10-2009, 06:43 PM #100
ghost88

look at the Phoenix United and Impact game. Obviously no anti Canadian sentiment there. So much for that fantasy.
Old 04-10-2009, 06:53 PM #101
GetBunkerD
LurkerPB.com

GetBunkerD is a Supporting Member
GetBunkerD posts videos on PbNation
GetBunkerD supports Ninja Paintball
Exclamation

SO from what I can see, most of the major complaints are as follows.

1. Not enough Bikini Babes to look at.... WHOOPS, thats not on the list.

1. Not enough Vendors.
(Remember, Vendors are the people who choose to come, not USPL. Complain to your vendor if you would like them to show up to future USPL Events)

2. Vendors being on the sand = NO
(I can completely agree with this, the sand is 1. too hard to walk on, 2. gets everywhere, 3. isnt a sturdy surface)

3. Player Pits being too cramped.
(Not enough tables, too small of an area)

4. Paintball Distribution
(This area needs to be smooth, since we all know we fill our pods and go ****! NEED MOAR PAINT!)

5. Wire fence behind netting
(Players and spectators, this is for your safety. When paint hits the netting, it still hits the netting with force and can HURT YOU, and can STILL take out an eye and cause alot of damage. Remember, Safety 1st when playing paintball)

6. Bathrooms too far away
(The bathrooms should be within reasonable distance, DOWN WIND of the event, but not a hike worthy.)

Everyone needs to remember, that with the NPPL gone, the USPL doesn't have all the industry ties or support that the NPPL did. The USPL will infact be a success, all everyone needs to do is give it a chance to act and improve on everyone's ideas.

I for one, do not miss the NPPL, for it was a flawed system. Everyone needs to remember that the USPL has a fresh plate to start on, and everyone now has a second chance to fix what they screwed up in the past.

USPL, go forth and create awesome events, for thyne will be watching and loving it.
Old 04-10-2009, 08:42 PM #102
$h@key J0nEZ
The South Will Rise Again

Quote:
Originally Posted by TuxMag26 View Post
nobody likes americans...

fact is, without america, the world would be WAY different...

tons of countries make TONS of money from American tourists who are known to spend the most money of all tourists. People hate us, problem is, if we go away, their quality of life would in turn decrease...

America is like the most popular kid in school.

love us or hate us we still the best
Everyone forgets that if it wasn't for the Americans we'd all be speaking German now.
Old 04-10-2009, 09:18 PM #103
UpDawg

America <3
Old 04-10-2009, 10:21 PM #104
shockwaveGK

I don't think you guys realize how hard it is to have an event on the sand. It takes a lot of work plus ALOT of cash to make this happen. I commend the USPL for putting on a pretty good venue in HB. It was their first event and it was at the hardest place to hold a tournament. I love HB, but I feel that it would have been better if the USPL would have had it somewhere more accomidating to the fans and players. Maybe do HB the following year, but to hold your first event in HB sounds crazy to me. But I am suprised on how well it turned out. Yeah the reffs had some flaws, that happens at every event. Paintball is the hardest sport to ref. And I know that if the USPL didn't do HB that everyone would be mad. Don't get me wrong, evrything has room for improvement. So give the USPL a chance, they just knocked the hardest venue off their sheet. And it happned to be their first one.
I USPL