PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

ReplyScenario Ups

Old 11-08-2012, 11:31 AM #1
-sensei

has been a member for 10 years
One of my teams is going airsoft.

They went to Skirmish (D-day) and did the German impression for about 6 years. They site that the airsoft people do better scenarios, their uniforms look better, their guns look more realistic, and there are no speed ball creeps to deal with.
I won't name them, but they were consistent winners of prizes for their uniforms.
2005 D-day Skirmish, GWM
2005 West Point Battle of the Bulge GWM
2006 West Point Vietnam scenario. V.C.
2006 D-day skirmish GWM
1987-2013--- 25 years of Mil-Sim. Making Paintball a little more Mil-Sim, one player at a time.
-sensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 11-08-2012, 11:45 AM #2
mariol
aka 'Da Pope'

mariol owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
Quote:
Originally Posted by -sensei View Post
They went to Skirmish (D-day) and did the German impression for about 6 years. They site that the airsoft people do better scenarios, their uniforms look better, their guns look more realistic, and there are no speed ball creeps to deal with.
I won't name them, but they were consistent winners of prizes for their uniforms.
I feel sorry for them.. just me.

I don't need a gun that looks "more" realistic.. I am not in the service anymore.

I don't need a uniform anymore.. same as above.

Perhaps they do have better scenarios, more power to them BUT it's people that make the game.

No speedball creeps but there are the airsoft creeps to deal with

I would rather be hit with a paintball and know i'm hit (break or no break).

People wipe in paintball, no doubt, but at least you KNOW you hit them.

Those guys most likely ran with Adam's crew at ION, nice uniforms.

What "uniforms" do they think are better??

I hope they have fun... that's all that counts.

WHOSE YOUR POPE?
YETTTTTIIIIIIIIIIIII!/Team Douche Bag
RTM Contract player
mariol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 01:08 PM #3
JFBalz
Joint Fury Capt.

I've got some guys on my squad playing both as well.

I'm told it's cheaper... to the tune of playing three 8hr airsoft scenarios for the same cost of one 8hr paintball scenario.

...and let's face it, the economy isn't getting better anytime soon. (see 11/6/12)

Spending hundreds on something that sucks isn't in the cards. PB producers are getting one shot to hit a home run, otherwise, the herd will move on.
Old 11-08-2012, 01:33 PM #4
mazeofmystery
Makin' a comeback!

mazeofmystery has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Airsoft is dope. It's good to play when you want something with a more slowly unfolding strategy. Guns definitely are more realistic. Cheap is an understatement. Sure the guns may cost about as much as paintball, but for $20 i can get 4,000 BBs. More roles to play rather than just front, back, and mid. No agg kids running around. And if you shoot a guy and he doesn't call his hit, light him the **** up. Problem solved.
I enjoy playing both airsoft and paintball though!
Old 11-08-2012, 06:36 PM #5
octane2079
Drunken Badger

octane2079 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
I've reffed both airsoft and paintball scenario's and as a whole the paintball players seem to be the more honest bunch in the bigger games where there is an element of anonymity. In a small group of trustworthy people airsoft is a blast, but once the numbers start going up the cheating gets out of hand.
Proud Member of ODX
Xbox Live/Origin Name Edgyxsf
octane2079 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 06:06 PM #6
brandondeckerpb

I myself play airsoft as well. It can be more fun however there is not a single field that does it correctly near me. One field has the gall to have an "Event" where after every mission is completed they stand down and head you back to start as if it was a normal rec day...Paintball is better then airsoft
Founder, writer and producer for : Smokey Scenario Productions
https://www.facebook.com/SmokeyScenarioProductions
brandondeckerpb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 09:06 PM #7
BlackAngelSS
The Black Korps

Quote:
Originally Posted by -sensei View Post

Tell the zinjas ill be joining them soon lol. Id like to play some ww2 scenario games not just big games w ww2 names. Maybee ill check out ok dday next year., the airsoft could be fun too. I'd have to see how the guns shoot.

http://1sspanzerkorps.com/
BlackAngelSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 01:09 AM #8
amahvan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackAngelSS View Post
Id like to play some ww2 scenario games not just big games w ww2 names. Maybee ill check out ok dday next year.
Come to Battle for Foy in Albany NY on Saturday. It's a Capital Combat Zone; I haven't been yet, but the pictures look incredible. It's a huge city with crossroads and hundreds of bunkers.

Also, I'm doing Tippmann Challenge UK in the UK in July. So that's another huge, realistic scenario. They have an actual town with underground tunnels, burning tanks, an empty sewer system that can be used to send small teams in, etc.

Lastly, buy a Mag-fed paintball gun. My squad uses RAP4 T68s and we love them. After using my T68, I tried running my Project Salvo and the hopper made me feel blind. Can't ever go back to that.
Sponsored by RAP4
amahvan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 02:48 AM #9
vijil

Magfed PB is starting to take off, so at some point you may be able to convince them to come back to the light side
vijil is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyScenario Ups