Community Focus
Community Focus

Closed Thread

Old 12-19-2012, 09:25 AM #1597
UglyDuckGizmo

has been a member for 10 years
UglyDuckGizmo owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Welcome back!

What kinda tires and were they stored inside? Get some heat in them and I'll bet they are fine.

Great price on that ninja 250
Advertisement
Old 12-19-2012, 10:16 AM #1598
automagwarrior

automagwarrior has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Welcome back bunker. Temporary or home for good? Was your pressure where it should have been?
Old 12-19-2012, 12:17 PM #1599
Milky Spore
i be illin'.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cynicalrider View Post
Just don't cheap out on quality protection. IMO construction boots are not riding boots as many would like to believe. I'm not saying you need to go get a full race suit either but just balance protection with price.
i used to ride in my construction/work boots, but that was before i could afford my smx5's and i felt a hell of a lot safer in my work boots than in my shoes.

now i've got my shift lever adjusted to where nothing except for my smx5 boot will work flawlessly with it.
Old 12-19-2012, 12:28 PM #1600
Diametunim

Diametunim plays in the MiLP
Diametunim owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Diametunim plays in the APPA D5 division
Motorcycles, making mundane errands unbelievably exciting.
Old 12-19-2012, 02:27 PM #1601
B-RADD
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by automagwarrior View Post
Good looking bike. I wouldn't have any reservations about it unless the owner was a total half wit. Good price too for the limited color and 08+ body style
Yeah from our conversation he seems to be decent guy.

Quote:
Just don't cheap out on quality protection. IMO construction boots are not riding boots as many would like to believe. I'm not saying you need to go get a full race suit either but just balance protection with price.
I definitely don't plan on cheaping out, I left plenty in the budget for quality gear especially since I negotiated him down to $2,400. I'm definitely going to get:

1. Helmet - I've been looking at the Shoei Qwest as it seems to be the best helmet I can find for the money.
2. Jacket - Iv'e been told by people here to go full leather
3. gloves - gauntlet style with good protection
4. pants that fit over normal clothes since I wear cargo shorts 99.99% of the time.

I will most likely end up getting a pair of boots as well since you guys recommend them so strongly. And I can see how smashing your ankle on pavement can't be much fun.
Old 12-19-2012, 02:39 PM #1602
cynicalrider
robert paulson

Yeah I would go with getting quality boots instead of over-pants and just wear jeans when you ride. but that's just my preference.
"Originally posted by visualx: hey everyone, look at me. i call people poor though i make absolutely nothing; brag about my job as an intern or some ****; hate on people for not being fat like me; and absolutely never have any idea what i'm talking about, though i always have a ****ing righteous indignation with everything i say! aren't i ****ing amazing?! do you all like me yet?! oh, you know that hate is just a guise! good thing i have a ****ing amazing life! now let me go **** my fat girlfriend and cry myself to sleep"

ST:A - Not your Myspace Blog.
Old 12-19-2012, 03:19 PM #1603
teen
[]D [] []v[] []D

Quote:
Originally Posted by paintballblk13 View Post
Track day, Nascar Style

i really dont think those flames look that bad.. a lot of times graphics look tacky and i know you were looking at new plastics, but those seem manageable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diametunim View Post
Motorcycles, making mundane errands unbelievably exciting.
took a few trips to the junkyard for jeep parts on the bike.. definitely not fun rides home.. for other tedious things its definitely worth heading out on the bike.
Old 12-19-2012, 03:25 PM #1604
automagwarrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-RADD View Post
Yeah from our conversation he seems to be decent guy.

I definitely don't plan on cheaping out, I left plenty in the budget for quality gear especially since I negotiated him down to $2,400. I'm definitely going to get:

1. Helmet - I've been looking at the Shoei Qwest as it seems to be the best helmet I can find for the money.
2. Jacket - Iv'e been told by people here to go full leather
3. gloves - gauntlet style with good protection
4. pants that fit over normal clothes since I wear cargo shorts 99.99% of the time.

I will most likely end up getting a pair of boots as well since you guys recommend them so strongly. And I can see how smashing your ankle on pavement can't be much fun.
The Qwest has some of the best crash test ratings on the market. Good choice. I'm just about to retire mine for a new one, or an RF1100.

Get a leather jacket. I prefer them for street riding. More protection and less stuff flapping around. Lots of good closeout deals on motorcycle-closeouts.com as well as revzilla and MSS.
Old 12-19-2012, 06:38 PM #1605
tonybhall
Mag Daddy

tonybhall is a Moderator
tonybhall supports our troops
Quote:
Originally Posted by BunkerNinja View Post
Just got back from my deployment and got a ride in. I think the 7 months of sitting was pretty rough on the tires. It was on stands the whole time, but it seems a lot of the oils were leached out of the tires making them pretty wooden.
Welcome back!!! Thanks for your service.

I'm not saying that stupidity should be punishable by death. But I do think we should remove all the warning labels and let the problem take care of itself.
Old 12-19-2012, 06:40 PM #1606
tonybhall
Mag Daddy

tonybhall is a Moderator
Quote:
Originally Posted by automagwarrior View Post

Can anyone here help me out with a bit of photo shopping? Need The pics touched up that I'm framing for gifts
Not sure if you were still needing help with this but I might be able to help if it's just basic editing. Don't have time for much else. House full of sick kids and all.

You can e-mail the full res images to me at tonybhall@rocketmail.com and I'll see what I can do with them. Let me know specifically what you want done.

I'm not saying that stupidity should be punishable by death. But I do think we should remove all the warning labels and let the problem take care of itself.
Old 12-19-2012, 07:55 PM #1607
paintballblk13
►Kyle◄

paintballblk13 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
paintballblk13 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
paintballblk13 supports Bob Gurnsey
paintballblk13 posts videos on PbNation
paintballblk13 is Legendary
I'm pretty good with photoshop as well if its not terribly complicated I could help you too.
Old 12-19-2012, 08:21 PM #1608
automagwarrior

Sent my pictures to Tony. Thanks guys
Old 12-19-2012, 09:22 PM #1609
xXinpayneXx
MW

I've gone a complete 360 of the bikes I want.

Started small with like the ninja 300/cbr250 to the CRF250L all the way up to aprillia RSV1000 Tuono, and Speed tripple.

And now I'm back at the smaller bikes, ha. Who knows what I'll get, I love the speed, but I just know i'll get in trouble. But half the reason I want the RSV or triumph is the noise they make.... blah.

Why don't small bikes sound good! ha

I just want to ride more than anything honestly....

I like the idea of the CRF250L, and maybe do some hare scrambles on it, just ****ed around, and it doesn't go too fast. Like max of 80mph.

This all turned around when I got pulled over AGAIN in the beemer the other day. Dude pulled me over because "he was bored" no joke, and just got a warning (same guy that gave me a warning this summer for going 90 in a 45... cool guy) ha

But man, i'm driving nicer than I ever have before, and still mannage to grab a cops attention. I just really want something that will rip my eye balls out, but I guess that's what the R6 and track is for. Just wish I had one in the back yard! ha
Old 12-20-2012, 01:24 AM #1610
Samoa Was Banned 3x
2008 Yamaha R1

Samoa Was Banned 3x donated to help Peyton Trent
Samoa Was Banned 3x helped look for balloons
Samoa Was Banned 3x supports Team VICIOUS
Samoa Was Banned 3x is for the Gunfight
Woooo I got my OEM upper fairing from the UPS man today, just waiting on my headlights and bracket and then my bike is fixed, again.
Old 12-20-2012, 07:33 AM #1611
cynicalrider
robert paulson

I don't think I ever got pulled over in the bimmer. Now my old POS Hyundai, I got pulled over all the time "just because."
"Originally posted by visualx: hey everyone, look at me. i call people poor though i make absolutely nothing; brag about my job as an intern or some ****; hate on people for not being fat like me; and absolutely never have any idea what i'm talking about, though i always have a ****ing righteous indignation with everything i say! aren't i ****ing amazing?! do you all like me yet?! oh, you know that hate is just a guise! good thing i have a ****ing amazing life! now let me go **** my fat girlfriend and cry myself to sleep"

ST:A - Not your Myspace Blog.
Old 12-20-2012, 08:13 AM #1612
lowbudgethero
Boomer

Quote:
I don't think I ever got pulled over in the bimmer. Now my old POS Hyundai, I got pulled over all the time "just because."
same with my shady beat up dodge dakota
Old 12-20-2012, 08:28 AM #1613
Milky Spore
i be illin'.

I've only been pulled over in my truck once. The cop didn't like my exhaust. I told him it was better than when it fell off at the cat. He let me go. Woulda won it in court anyways.

The amount of times I've been pulled over on my bike makes me
Old 12-20-2012, 08:49 AM #1614
lowbudgethero
Boomer

ninjas man, ninjas are fast
Old 12-20-2012, 10:49 AM #1615
Milky Spore
i be illin'.

I wish mine were.
Old 12-20-2012, 11:59 AM #1616
tonybhall
Mag Daddy

tonybhall is a Moderator
I finally got to test out my new UCLEAR HBC100 blue tooth communicator yesterday. For the most part I really like it. Only a couple of complaints.

Pros...

1. Music.... The music sounds great and no wires running through my jacket and helmet getting caught and hung on stuff. I was worried that it wouldn't sound as good as the ear buds since they woudln't be in my ears. But they actually sound better without being as loud. With my ear buds, at high speeds I can hear the music but can't really make out the words. But with the UCLEAR I can hear the music and words clear as a bell even at high speeds (80-90).
2. Phone- I've taken 3 calls so far and it worked great. I could hear the callers and they could hear me. So far the fastest I've been going during a call was 60 mph but the callers said they had no idea I was on a bike. Said for all they knew I could be sitting at on the couch talking to them. I have found that the trick to getting good sound on a call is making sure you get the speakers positioned well (which can be tricky).
3. No mic boom. I love that it has no mic boom. The mics are built into the speakers.
4. It's small. Compared to all the other blue tooth devices, the UCLEAR is the smallest I've found.
5. Easy to install and get working. For the most part it was very easy to install and set up. Had it completely installed and working within 15 min of opening the package. However, it has taken me a while to really get the speakers positioned like I like them.
6. Price... $149.... Least expensive I found that actually had good reviews
7. Voice operation.... Offers hands free call pick up... just say "Hello" or "Pick up" to answer incoming calls.

Cons...

1. Buttons are not easy to feel and operate with gloves on. Except for call answering, most other operations require pressing a button and they are hard to feel with gloves on. The buttons look big, but to activate them you have to be pressing right in the center. Without gloves you can feel them click so you know you're in the right place. Not so easy with gloves on.
2. Speaker positioning.... getting the speakers positioned for optimum sound and comfort in your helmet can be tricky. I ended up cutting a slot into the ear section of my cheeck pads and sliding them behind the padding and cutting a clearing for the mic.
3. Unit comes off helmet mount easier than I'd like. Twice I've knocked the unit off the helmet mount trying to press buttons. Luckily the speaker plug ins are very tight and kept it from going bye bye. Still working on a solution for this.

So far, it's been great for what I bought it for. My biggest gripe is with the buttons being hard to operate when riding. But reviews I've read said once you get used to them it gets easier to just know where they are without actually feeling them.

Last edited by tonybhall : 12-20-2012 at 12:03 PM.
Old 12-20-2012, 12:04 PM #1617
automagwarrior

Glad to hear some positive reviews on other devices. My Sena was pretty painless to install and set up. The best feature is it's controls. It's got two buttons, one jog dial and one phone button. The phone button makes and places phone calls, the jog dial does everything else including pairing, changing tracks, and clicking into and out of conversations.

I thought a bt headset would be one of those thins I'd be opposed to, but having had one for a half a season I wouldn't go without one again.
Closed Thread