Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 07-12-2008, 02:51 PM #1
Rediscover

has been a member for 10 years
Rediscover owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Rediscover supports Team VICIOUS
Done with Angel

Im pretty unhappy with the new magno internals. i saw a post about a guys magnet comming out and i have had the same problem with mine. not only that i have to replace my breach seal at least twice aday because the factory adhesive wont hold up with out hot it is outside ( 110 most days here in vegas ). It juts melts and i start getting boltstick after a few hours of play. my gun shot great when it did, but i think APS needs to go back to the drawing board.
Rediscover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 07-12-2008, 03:01 PM #2
poopresearch
Dr Nick

poopresearch plays in the PSP
poopresearch supports DLX Technology
The breech seal is easy to fix. Just remove the factory glue and use some nail polish or super glue. The breech seal is also a cheap part. I don't mind fixing a breech seal but I expect a $75 part to work.
Old 07-12-2008, 03:11 PM #3
iday10
Insane in the Membrane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rediscover View Post
Im pretty unhappy with the new magno internals. i saw a post about a guys magnet comming out and i have had the same problem with mine. not only that i have to replace my breach seal at least twice aday because the factory adhesive wont hold up with out hot it is outside ( 110 most days here in vegas ). It juts melts and i start getting boltstick after a few hours of play. my gun shot great when it did, but i think APS needs to go back to the drawing board.
Sorry about your breech seal problems, but i can't believe that you need to replace it even once a day, regardless of heat. I live in Arizona, which is at least as hot as Vegas, and i've never needed to replace it, and my magnet has held up to my near continuous (over) use of my marker. Worst case scenario, just scrape off the old adhesive and apply superglue.

Huzzah for Epic MD Mod Thread!

Macdev Militia
iday10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2008, 04:38 PM #4
outkast kid

outkast kid is a Paintball photographer
You know there are these things called stickies that solve your problems. They tell you all sorts of great remedies for stuff like bolt stick and breech seals lifting up, all you have to do is read them and take advantage of the information that someone took their own time to type up so you wouldn't end up being an angel hater.
outkast kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2008, 06:36 PM #5
Atreides104

mine wasnt even going bad yet, but i did notice that i could move my breech seal around with just my finger, so i peeled it off, cleaned the area of the old adhesive and used super glue
I used a zip tie to hold the breech close, but not too tight, overnight. before you do that however, make sure the bolt will freely move fwd and back when the breech is closed normally.

sorry to hear about your magno problems, just put the old internals back in and it should be like new
contact aps or fma and report the problem, you can prolly get a new kit.

dont lose faith man, it just came out, ofcourse theres going to be bugs.
Ill wait a few months before I get mine...my Stock A1 as it is now is frickken perfect

Last edited by Atreides104 : 07-12-2008 at 06:38 PM.
Atreides104 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2008, 06:58 PM #6
dr.strangelove
The Angel Eye Doctor

Breech seal is the easiest fix in the world. You aren't replacing it twice a day (or if you are, you don't need to), because it doesn't generally "wear out". The adhesive just sucks. Glue it down with something that holds better and doesn't swell.

About the magno kit: sucks for you and poop. I'd definitely get in touch with whoever you bought it from and see about a replacement.

If all else fails, I'm in Las Vegas, and you can just swing by my house to drop it off anytime you want
dr.strangelove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 04:08 PM #7
Fargbollen
WDP certified airtech

I'm sure that if a valve stem looses its' magnet after just 1000 shots you'd get a new one from APS. Talk to them.

Everything you ever wanted to know about Angel One.
Fargbollen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 04:29 PM #8
globalsmack

The guy is obviously not happy. No amount a telling him he is wrong will change that.

When i had my G7 fly the breech seal always came loose. I think the oil and or paint eats away at whatever adhesive they use.

I agree with the man. Getting a replacment magnet from APS doesn't change the fact that it broke within 1000 shots. Players understand normal wear and tear and expected maintinance but come on. Nothing should go to warranty the first time you use it.
globalsmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 05:13 PM #9
dr.strangelove
The Angel Eye Doctor

Quote:
Originally Posted by globalsmack View Post
Nothing should go to warranty the first time you use it.
That IS the entire purpose of having a warranty though. It's there to cover the statistical inevitability of occasional production errors.

Oil and paint shouldn't be able to come anywhere close to your breech seal under normal circumstances, except for incidental exposure to oil during oiling. Regluing with super glue or nail polish normally remedies breech seal problems.
Old 07-14-2008, 05:18 PM #10
mpodesta
Dude has 1 Hand

mpodesta has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
**** happens.....I bought brand new pants from them and the zipper busted in 30 secs...they were more than happy to replace them, But to save the trouble I went to the tailor and had them fixed....tailor gave me a detailed bill and Aps gave me 10$ back (cost of tailoring) on my order without any issues.....work with them....their great
Old 07-15-2008, 01:57 AM #11
Atreides104

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpodesta View Post
**** happens.....I bought brand new pants from them and the zipper busted in 30 secs...they were more than happy to replace them, But to save the trouble I went to the tailor and had them fixed....tailor gave me a detailed bill and Aps gave me 10$ back (cost of tailoring) on my order without any issues.....work with them....their great

Atreides104 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 06:17 PM #12
mursht
lol

mursht owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rediscover View Post

Last edited by mursht : 07-17-2008 at 10:55 PM.
mursht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 07:07 PM #13
xmc1146

xmc1146 is for the Gunfight
xmc1146 supports Ninja Paintball
xmc1146 owns a Planet Eclipse GSL
Quote:
Originally Posted by mursht View Post
this is the funniest **** today.
xmc1146 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 09:24 PM #14
Virulance

First off, do you really feel the need to bash someone for giving their opinion? He also did it in a civil way, which is more than anyone can say about some of your responses. I can agree with you about the breech seal comments, but everything else is warranted based on his experiences and what others have had issues with. I can honestly say that I am not very happy with my A1, but my opinion isn't exactly the focus of this thread.

And regarding the ION- it is truly a great gun. It costs next to nothing, can get excellent efficiency, has little kick, and can be completely customized. If you don't like the feel, swap out the frame. Don't like the look? Get a new body kit. No, it isn't a high end and it never will be. It can perform like one for much less though. I only bring this up because you did. Go ahead and flame away, but try to keep it to PM-based hate-mail so you don't clutter the thread with garbage.
Virulance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 09:32 PM #15
dr.strangelove
The Angel Eye Doctor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Virulance View Post
try to keep it to PM-based hate-mail so you don't clutter the thread with garbage.
You'd have been wise to have taken that advice before you posted.
Old 07-15-2008, 09:34 PM #16
Jocasta (Banned)

Had to post that again.
Jocasta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 09:51 PM #17
angelballa93

Give the guy a break he obviously is on the hate side of the constant A1 love/hate relationship that is going around. We have two Angel sponsored teams here and trust me there is a lot of love/hate talk going around. Angel should not have sent them A1's from the back shelf which they did and they will pay for that mistake with these love/hate issues. But on the other hand I love my A1 with its new magno internals, shoots great and everyone comments how accurate I am with it when they get shot but thats a whole other story.

USAF
RIP BASIC
CEP Fan #8
angelballa93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 09:53 PM #18
Sepplainer
eye-blurring swiftness

I am pretty much not done with APS. My A-1 is working fine with the new gear. It worked well before also. I have not had any issue that I could not track down thru the white book that came with the gun or the stickies in the forum. Sucks to have such a problem with a marker that you paid good money for but I think a little research in the stickies you might be able to resolve the breach seal problem....aside from the next post including the proper awnser to the problem.
As far as APS going back to the drawing board, I thought they did and came up with a very intresting way to make the gun work better. The Magno internals are pretty dam nice.
Optimism is best served with a reality chaser.
Sepplainer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 10:46 PM #19
mursht
lol

mursht owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
Quote:

And regarding the ION- it is truly a great gun.

FAILLL
Old 07-16-2008, 10:20 AM #20
Fargbollen
WDP certified airtech

Quote:
First off, do you really feel the need to bash someone for giving their opinion?
No, maybe he shouldn't have. We just all get a little over-protective at times you know. But still -at least the pic was funny.

Quote:
He also did it in a civil way, which is more than anyone can say about some of your responses.
Directing people to sticies is not an unwarranted desponse, although I usually avoid doing it jsut because I have a bigger heart than most.

Quote:
I can agree with you about the breech seal comments, but everything else is warranted based on his experiences and what others have had issues with. I can honestly say that I am not very happy with my A1, but my opinion isn't exactly the focus of this thread.
Tell me what's wrong with it and maybe I can help you fix it. Being modest for once -I can fix or help with advice to self-fix most things on Angels.
You can PM me if you don't want to talk about it on the open forum.

Quote:
And regarding the ION- it is truly a great gun. It costs next to nothing, can get excellent efficiency, has little kick, and can be completely customized. If you don't like the feel, swap out the frame. Don't like the look? Get a new body kit. No, it isn't a high end and it never will be. It can perform like one for much less though.
First off I happen to like IONs because they're be least expensive entry into tournament paintball guns to date. Comparing it to a Spyder -well only an idiot today buys that Spyder even if it's got eyes when you can get an ION 08 for the same price. But a stock ION doesn't compare to a high-end gun in performance. Not a fully working one at least.

Yes you can actually make an ION perform and even look like a real high-end gun. However, if you really add the costs of a brand new ION, new triggerframe, new board, new body, new barrel, new set of quality ball detents, laser eyes, new trigger, new bolt, QEV, new front reg, a short pro rail and ASA and so on you'll see it pretty much matches most high-end guns today.

Still, it doesn't have self-cleaning eyes, USB flash port and an OLED...

Quote:
I only bring this up because you did.
I just read and re-read the thread. Where in it before your post does anybody bring up any ION?...

Everything you ever wanted to know about Angel One.

Last edited by Fargbollen : 07-16-2008 at 10:23 AM.
Fargbollen is offline   Reply With Quote