Old 09-27-2013, 09:53 AM #1
J. Stein

J. Stein is a Supporting Member
J. Stein is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
J. Stein plays in the PSP
J. Stein donated to help Peyton Trent
One reason NE > other areas for paintball

New England is lucky. It can be overlooked in the winter months, but we are lucky.

Not just because we have so many great fields with great facilities. Turf, updated bunker kits, reliable air stations… There are parts of the country where you have to drive HOURS for a good field to practice at. Not here.

Not just because we have such a variety of strong, well run, well attended leagues. How many do we have? 3? 4? I guess it depends if you count Foxball majors and minors as one or two (or three). We have 5-man, RaceTo, old school Xball. We had 7-man right up until the bottom dropped out. Not everyone has that kind of variety to choose from. Not everyone has options, let alone GOOD options.

Not just because we have someone like me posting thought provoking articles online. I jest, of course. But seriously…

We are lucky because the people who help guide competitive paintball in our region are professional, intelligent, experienced folk who put thought into what they do. They may not always agree, but they think through things.

Case in point, Why FoxBall doesn't use APPA post #48, where Dave Painter lays out why Foxball doesn’t use the APPA. Additionally, NEXL Roster rules post #38 where Lori explains the rules for NEXL rostering and how they came to be.

The thing that strikes me is that no one is ‘winging it’. No one is simply pandering to get the most players eligible for their league. They thought about what was best for the players of NE and they went with it. They care about the long term, not just the next 12 months.

This is a short one. Maybe won’t generate any conversation. I just wanted to call it out, to thank Lori and Ant and Dave for doing the job they do so well, and to make sure everyone else at least recognized that these guys are looking out for us.

Warzone Facebook
JeSSoP

RIP Ronnie, Paul
CD3 Forever
J. Stein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 09-27-2013, 12:13 PM #2
J. Stein

Warzone Facebook
JeSSoP

RIP Ronnie, Paul
CD3 Forever
Old 09-27-2013, 02:53 PM #3
Charlie13
Wipe yo FACE!

Dave, Lori, and Anthony have done a phenominal job this year. Both Leagues have been a lot of fun. A ton of value for my hard earned money.
Old 09-30-2013, 10:22 PM #4
autodoc

autodoc plays in the PSP
 plays in the NXL
autodoc owns a Planet Eclipse CSL
autodoc plays in the APPA D2 division
autodoc owns a Planet Eclipse GSL
I vote Mr Jeff Stein the ambassador of New England paintball........not that my say means much.........
Old 10-01-2013, 10:55 AM #5
J. Stein

I am fairly confident I lack the tack and cordiality for any diplomatic appointments. Not to mention, I'm sort of a jerk. But thank you for the kind thoughts.

Warzone Facebook
JeSSoP

RIP Ronnie, Paul
CD3 Forever