Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 04-24-2012, 06:54 PM #64
ck028

I haven't read all the posts here so I don't know if any of this has been posted, I'll just try to sum up how I play snake.

First and foremost, make sure you walk the field. See what shots the snake has and who has shots on you. Check the angles on the ENTIRE snake, not just the knuckles. Sometimes you can be hugged up against s2 or whatever and can't get a shot. Scoot back a little, that 8 foot beam gives you cover, use it. Chances are likely that you can get an easy kill by backing up a little bit. Nobody will be shooting right over the beam and won't expect you to pop up in the middle of it. You have the advantage and a better angle.

Learn how to pop up and get back down quickly. Walking the field and knowing your angles helps here. Visualize what you will be shooting at, aim before you come up, and pop up over top and shoot a quick stream. You can't always afford the time to post on someone.

Try not to battle down tape, let your corner guy do that. It goes without saying but I can't count how many guys I've seen die in tape battles when all they had to do was stay alive and let the corner do the work.

Move fast and do your best to stay low. Your pack will be the highest thing exposed and easiest to shoot so be aware of that. When making bumps, staying completely hidden isn't always a priority. Make the bump as fast as you can and paddle your way up to the next knuckle. If someone sees you, by the time they react and start shooting, chances are likely you will already be where you want to go.

This should have been put first but I just thought of it...When you first get in, you don't have to come out shooting right away. Keep your head down. Listen to your team, listen to their team, and watch for paint being shot at you. If you are all clear, listen for your team to call out the bodies and take your shots accordingly. The worst thing a snake player can do is take a lot of ground and get blasted in the face because you had no idea what you were shooting at.

There is always more info and you can look up tips and tricks on youtube as well. Talk to more seasoned snake players at your field and watch some pros play snake to get more of an idea of what you should be doing. Practice is a priority so get out there and practice! Have someone film you and critique you so you know what you need to work on. Be aggressive and be patient.

One more thing - the snake is a huge threat on almost every field. If you get there alive and can't do anything, don't worry about it. Be a threat and draw the guns off your team. That will allow them to move up and get the kills while they are all trained on you.
ck028 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 04-24-2012, 07:50 PM #65
wangerinjaw

wangerinjaw plays in the PSP
wangerinjaw plays in the MiLP
wangerinjaw plays in the APPA D5 division
^^^^

Adrenalin Army AA ALL DAY
wangerinjaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 03:40 AM #66
r3xz
Fire/Rescue

r3xz helped look for balloons
r3xz owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
r3xz plays in the APPA beginner division
r3xz has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Great post up there. Read up.
Old 05-07-2012, 12:53 AM #67
Jose1998

Jose1998 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Jose1998 posts videos on PbNation
Jose1998 plays in the APPA D4 division
Jose1998 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by ck028
I haven't read all the posts here so I don't know if any of this has been posted, I'll just try to sum up how I play snake.

First and foremost, make sure you walk the field. See what shots the snake has and who has shots on you. Check the angles on the ENTIRE snake, not just the knuckles. Sometimes you can be hugged up against s2 or whatever and can't get a shot. Scoot back a little, that 8 foot beam gives you cover, use it. Chances are likely that you can get an easy kill by backing up a little bit. Nobody will be shooting right over the beam and won't expect you to pop up in the middle of it. You have the advantage and a better angle.

Learn how to pop up and get back down quickly. Walking the field and knowing your angles helps here. Visualize what you will be shooting at, aim before you come up, and pop up over top and shoot a quick stream. You can't always afford the time to post on someone.

Try not to battle down tape, let your corner guy do that. It goes without saying but I can't count how many guys I've seen die in tape battles when all they had to do was stay alive and let the corner do the work.

Move fast and do your best to stay low. Your pack will be the highest thing exposed and easiest to shoot so be aware of that. When making bumps, staying completely hidden isn't always a priority. Make the bump as fast as you can and paddle your way up to the next knuckle. If someone sees you, by the time they react and start shooting, chances are likely you will already be where you want to go.

This should have been put first but I just thought of it...When you first get in, you don't have to come out shooting right away. Keep your head down. Listen to your team, listen to their team, and watch for paint being shot at you. If you are all clear, listen for your team to call out the bodies and take your shots accordingly. The worst thing a snake player can do is take a lot of ground and get blasted in the face because you had no idea what you were shooting at.

There is always more info and you can look up tips and tricks on youtube as well. Talk to more seasoned snake players at your field and watch some pros play snake to get more of an idea of what you should be doing. Practice is a priority so get out there and practice! Have someone film you and critique you so you know what you need to work on. Be aggressive and be patient.

One more thing - the snake is a huge threat on almost every field. If you get there alive and can't do anything, don't worry about it. Be a threat and draw the guns off your team. That will allow them to move up and get the kills while they are all trained on you.
Great advice!
Old 05-23-2012, 01:53 PM #68
L3tWeazel

has been a member for 10 years
L3tWeazel owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwohl602 View Post
Good snake players are the ones who are patient. Sometimes snake players become too aggressive, they get into the snake, crawl all the way down field and try to start blasting and gun battling everyone. Always remember that if you get to the 50 snake in the first minute of the game, it's not a bad idea to just hunker down, protect the wire or control a zone and live for a little while. The snake allows you to take up ground without beng exposed. Just the presence of a 50 snake player can totally throw off a team game plan. Don't rush to gun battle, sit there and let your presence sink in. As opposing players let off of you, come up and get your Gs. You don't always have to close the game within 30 seconds of getting into the snake.

Snake players need to stay alive, get down the field and get kills. But they need to have a plan, be patient and be adaptive. Adaptive - this goes with what I said before. Know when to be patient and just get some ground and stay alive. But also know when to be aggressive. You may need to go clean your mirror out if they fill a snake and he's putting pressure on your dorito side.

All in all though, the snake player has really taken a huge hit by the addition of coaching. A snake player used to be able to bump snake without anyone knowing, crawl down the field and come up and make some quick kills. Now you have coaches and fans giving away there every move. It has completely changed the game for the snake player.
This was so perfectly put and so beautiful it brought a tear to my eye. Lol. Shout out to all the snake players!

I guess so I can contribute more to this thread, is if your fighting their D shoot while hugging a knuckle so that their backs and snake players can't get shots on you. Alternatively I find that when fighting a back player stay towards the middle of a snake bunker to block off their D player. Oh and make sure you can trust your tape player otherwise you'll feel the need to do too much and end up in the deadbox early on
L3tWeazel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 03:24 PM #69
Nerobro

Nerobro is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by ck028 View Post
I'll just try to sum up how I play snake.

First and foremost, make sure you walk the field. See what shots the snake has and who has shots on you. Check the angles on the ENTIRE snake, not just the knuckles.
This is GOLD. Learn the field. The only thing ck didn't mention is that the snake is a place where snap shooting is THE skill. Often in funny orientations. Practice you sight image, and your target acquisition. You need to have your paint going on target AS you pop up, not after you get up.

Omnipotence ain't all it's cracked up to be.......
Nerobro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 02:47 PM #70
HardcoreXRooster

is playing at Dead Legends
HardcoreXRooster is attending Decay of Nations VI
HardcoreXRooster supports Ninja Paintball
Don't be so excited to move. Don't move unless you know you can check with your backs. Also make sure your the only one in the snake before you move. i see so many people think that there the only ones in the snake and go to advance and BOOM HEADSHOT.... You have to have a very strong back to have a strong front or snake.
HardcoreXRooster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 07:00 PM #71
cronbomb
chi town fury

cronbomb plays in the PSP
 plays in the NXL
cronbomb plays in the APPA D4 division
cronbomb has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
some people have opposite tatics
cronbomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 10:11 AM #72
SNAKESNIPER (Banned)

Some good tips here guys.
SNAKESNIPER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 10:56 AM #73
viking002
Da Sigma

plays in the NXL
viking002 posts videos on PbNation
viking002 is an NCPA player
Watch for the cracks in the snake. Mainly between cakes and beams. I've shot a lot of people through cracks that they didn't think I could shoot them through.
Old 06-04-2012, 11:34 PM #74
ActionExpress
Alex Williams

ActionExpress plays in the PSP
ActionExpress plays in the APPA D2 division
Just stay patient. Once you get in there will probably be a lot of people shooting at you. Let your teammates catch up on the D side or mid players supporting you.
ActionExpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 05:52 PM #75
azhector

azhector is playing at Living Legends VI
azhector owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
azhector has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
azhector is a top reviewer
like stated above check all the angles the snake has, i know one field down here has terrible angels on the 2nd and 4th knuckle but the 1st and 3rd have good shots. also know when to dive and when to sneak up the snake, ive seen so many people run from s1 to s4 and get found and shot when they could have crawled up to s2, then s3, then s4. i once crawled from s1 to s4 and gogged a guy when i directly next to him
Old 06-13-2012, 10:58 PM #76
stauffera12
Nitro Valley

stauffera12 is an NCPA player
stauffera12 plays in the APPA beginner division
stauffera12 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
stauffera12 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Stay low and bump as much as possible to get the best angle.
#17 Temple Paintball
stauffera12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 11:25 PM #77
bradchills

really work on handling your marker. i found when i started playing snake that i thought i had good gun skills till i was crouched up in a little ball trying to stay tiny while holding a gun at the same time, all while staying low, especially with these new snake bunkers
bradchills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 01:20 AM #78
ladykiller437
Coal Field Killer

ladykiller437 plays in the APPA D5 division
ladykiller437 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
A good edger to get u in the snake always helps.u can be agressive or passive in the snake,all depends on u.wen i say passive i mean dont be afraid to crawl back while your in the snake.stay low,drag your balls in the dirt,dont crawl on your knees.if u are having touble getting out your mirror try to get a one for one.it empties the snake and ur corner/edger can fill in.listen to your teammates.If ur playing 3 man stay out of the snake.3 man can turn into a 3 on 1 or a 2 on 1 very quickly,the snake is probly the one place u dont want to be if this happens.
REBEL FORCE PIRATES/COAL FIELD KILLERS#1

Last edited by ladykiller437 : 06-26-2012 at 01:23 AM.
ladykiller437 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 07:46 PM #79
puregame

Talking will power

keep ur gun up and *** down. lol you get better results if u can avoid getting hit.
puregame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 01:06 PM #80
Team Misfit
Blue Thunder

Team Misfit is playing at Living Legends VII
Team Misfit owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
Team Misfit supports Pev's Paintball
Team Misfit is attending Decay of Nations VI
Team Misfit supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by eclipseguy7
Dodge, Dive, Dip, Duck, & Dodge!!!
56/45 Empire Ultra Light Tank
Indianapolis Mutiny New England Hurricane Portland Uprising
Dorito Player | Blue Thunder
Team Misfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 10:33 PM #81
OrracleKennan

don't get tunnel vision stay mobile and work all your angles........
OrracleKennan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 09:35 PM #82
Barrick8326

Get to the snake low and fast
Barrick8326 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 12:42 PM #83
BSTKpump

Do not core sample lol ruins a game
BSTKpump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 01:21 PM #84
XxChananxX

XxChananxX is for the Gunfight