PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

ReplyScenario Ups

Old 07-07-2011, 03:51 PM #1
DasWolfenstein

Question Box hopper

Alright so I want to build a box hopper for scenario games I was hoping someone could help me out with the design. I'm not sure where to start but I've got some basic materials a force fed hopper, wood, and q-loader tubing. I was thinking a wood box about 3.5 inches wide, 4 inches tall, and 5 inches long with the force fed motor at the bottom right hand side in a corner that has the tubing down to it and as the motor spins it forces the paintballs up and into the feedneck. I'm open to suggestions and guides that could help me achieve this as I haven't done anything like this before.
DasWolfenstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 07-07-2011, 03:54 PM #2
theVicious1

easy way would be to pick up an agd warp feed.
Old 07-07-2011, 04:06 PM #3
DasWolfenstein

Quote:
Originally Posted by theVicious1 View Post
easy way would be to pick up an agd warp feed.
I don't prefer the looks of them and I couldn't justify my reasoning for buying a hopper that expensive I would prefer something more realistic looking for a scenario game. Do you know if Boom Master has done anything like this?
Old 07-07-2011, 06:46 PM #4
stevebski
< Kris Williams is HOT

has been a member for 10 years
stevebski supports Bob Gurnsey
stevebski supports our troops
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/LIL-17892

I'm using this in the base of the one I'm building. I'm putting the lower half of a rotor in the bottom, but I'm mounting my rotor in the feedneck. No qloader tubing.
Old 07-07-2011, 08:46 PM #5
DasWolfenstein

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevebski View Post
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/LIL-17892

I'm using this in the base of the one I'm building. I'm putting the lower half of a rotor in the bottom, but I'm mounting my rotor in the feedneck. No qloader tubing.
That's nice but I was thinking of something like a .50 cal mag box on the side I think I'll go with something like that if I have to.
Old 07-07-2011, 08:49 PM #6
stevebski
< Kris Williams is HOT

I have a working pulse tray if you want to PM me about it. We can work something out. Cut your funnel to the shape of your ammo can, run your funnel to the pulse tray. It throws the paint out parallel to the ground already, short length of tubing running it to your marker.
Old 07-07-2011, 09:07 PM #7
DasWolfenstein

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevebski View Post
I have a working pulse tray if you want to PM me about it. We can work something out. Cut your funnel to the shape of your ammo can, run your funnel to the pulse tray. It throws the paint out parallel to the ground already, short length of tubing running it to your marker.
Sure thing, can you PM pictures, specs, and where to get one?
Old 07-12-2011, 11:56 AM #8
Boom Master
Scenario Player

I run a walking tank and pondered a jumbo hopper as well. Wouldn't be going UPHILL to feed it. The hopper box would be behind my head and mostly level until it turns down into the feed neck. About a 3 foot long feed hose.

I would entertain knowledgeable opinions about which brand force feed hoppers would get the job done. All the hoppers turn down to a vertical drop feed. Interested in hoppers that could be modified to just feed horizontally into the feed tube.

Did a feasibility with a Revy, gravity feed with decent success. Mostly testing the feed hose. It was from a water garden supply place. The hose to pump water back up to the water falls. Will not kink even in tight turns, handles higher temperatures without kinking. Balls feed nicely - even old, out of round paint goes down it. It slides right OVER the feed neck of my Spyder snugly but still hose clamped it. Hopper neck slides into it it as well.

The problem with it is that you can't find standard fittings that it will plumb too. 3/4 copper tube slides in and I suppose could be plumbed from there with copper fittings. I believe the stuff is actually electrical flex conduit. Found some fittings that fit it from an electrical supply place. Screw on and off for easy attachment and maintainence rather than hose clamps.

Also might want to take a look at the BLUE flex conduit carried by Lowes and Home depot. Seems about the right size but I haven't tried to put a ball through it. Much stiffer than the one mentioned above.

In building the hopper box, I imagined a scenario where I fall down in my walking tank and a case of paint starts squeeshing around inside the hopper. Just like falling down with a marker and hopper, I imagined a case of paint covered with Goohhhh... Pondered rubber or foam "baffles handing down from the top and the bottom end of the baffle about 1" above the bottom of the box. Filled from the top they would just feed down between the baffles but should it take a blow, the cushioning would help reduce/elimnate breakage. As a grunt, you might have simular concerns of tripping and taking a tumble.

If you haven't grown up by age 50........

You don't have to......
Boom Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 07:57 PM #9
stevebski
< Kris Williams is HOT

Dale,
The Pulse tray throws paint horizontally. The shell catches it and redirects it vertically into the gun. If you're looking for a hopper that will work under the weight of a lot of paint, the rotor is the only one I've found reliable for that. Halos, Prophecies etc were all completely unreliable when more than 250 rounds worth of weight were placed on them.
Old 07-13-2011, 11:54 AM #10
Boom Master
Scenario Player

Rodger that. Thanks. Who needs Facebook with friends like this....

If you haven't grown up by age 50........

You don't have to......
Boom Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 05:22 PM #11
oily
Big kid

First one I built in 2007:
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/d...how-guide.html
Now using a Pulse drive and the box is much smaller
oily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 07:14 PM #12
hardboy1864