Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 02-20-2013, 03:11 AM #1
Baucom84

lookin for a board

i just bought a marq 6 it was about new friend of mine bought it 4 yrs ago and only played 6 times any ways it has the stock board and has been flashed but on caps to 13.33 and i need a cheap board that will go down to 12.5 any one got one? also seen the seventh element boards for 65 are they anygood? i read a few reviews not seen many thx
Baucom84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 02-20-2013, 05:57 AM #2
gamer565
Read the manual!!

has been a member for 10 years
gamer565 is playing at Living Legends VI
gamer565 is playing at Living Legends VII
gamer565 is one of the top 100 posters on PbNation
gamer565 is Boss
gamer565 supports Ninja Paintball
There have been many threads over the seventh element board in here, research a little.

Edit: just remember stock frenzy boards are only whole numbers, you must not have a stock board in that marker.

Last edited by gamer565 : 02-20-2013 at 07:19 AM.
gamer565 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 10:48 AM #3
Baucom84

I didnt mean a frenzy 13.33. Its the first frenzy board marqs came with which has a dip switch for 15 or unlimited but it has a x in silver pen and from what ive read that means blast has flashed it once and it should be capped to 13.33 after the first rule changes. But now my field say 12.5 so I think its illegal. I dont know how I would go about checking the true bps
Old 02-20-2013, 11:46 AM #4
StyngRay2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baucom84 View Post
I didnt mean a frenzy 13.33. Its the first frenzy board marqs came with which has a dip switch for 15 or unlimited but it has a x in silver pen and from what ive read that means blast has flashed it once and it should be capped to 13.33 after the first rule changes. But now my field say 12.5 so I think its illegal. I dont know how I would go about checking the true bps
shoot it over virtue clock or I think some big red chronos also measure bps.
Old 02-20-2013, 12:52 PM #5
gamer565
Read the manual!!

gamer565 is playing at Living Legends VI
gamer565 is playing at Living Legends VII
gamer565 is one of the top 100 posters on PbNation
gamer565 is Boss
gamer565 supports Ninja Paintball
What I'm saying is the frenzy can't even cap at 13.33. Its only while numbers 11, 12, 13 etc...

Tadao and virtue boards have the cap ability you need.
gamer565 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 08:49 PM #6
jerbull88

jerbull88 plays in the APPA D5 division
jerbull88 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
jerbull88 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
the least expensive route would be for blast to flash your board. $10 plus shipping.

Splash Mag
https://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=4194961
jerbull88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 02:27 AM #7
Baucom84

called them they said 60 and they would be sending me back a frenzy 4.0 board no dip switches at all. and they said my board is capped to unlimited or 13.33 right now with the dip switch number 3. that the silver pen marked means its been flashed from 15 to 13.33. gamer565 the frenzy 3.1 is the board your thinking of that came in the marq 7 and yes its how numbers and programable by the trigger and dip switches. mine only has dip switchs not programable at all.
Old 02-23-2013, 10:45 AM #8
minimag03

minimag03 is an NCPA player
Quote:
Originally Posted by StyngRay2 View Post
shoot it over virtue clock or I think some big red chronos also measure bps.
The Virtue clock and especially the big red chronos are very unreliable when it comes to measuring BPS. It even says it in the manual. They count BPS by the time between two shots. If that gap is small enough that 14 balls could be shot in a second, the chrono reads 14 bps even though only two balls were shot. The only way to truly tell BPS is recording the sound of a gun and goldwaving the file. It's funny when people do this because they think they are shooting like 18bps, but their goldwave file shows it's only 11 bps with a couple shots spaced closely together.

Last edited by minimag03 : 02-23-2013 at 10:48 AM.
minimag03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 01:02 PM #9
dominantgazelle

dominantgazelle is one of the top 250 posters on PbNation
Quote:
Originally Posted by minimag03 View Post

The Virtue clock and especially the big red chronos are very unreliable when it comes to measuring BPS. It even says it in the manual. They count BPS by the time between two shots. If that gap is small enough that 14 balls could be shot in a second, the chrono reads 14 bps even though only two balls were shot. The only way to truly tell BPS is recording the sound of a gun and goldwaving the file. It's funny when people do this because they think they are shooting like 18bps, but their goldwave file shows it's only 11 bps with a couple shots spaced closely together.
Interesting and good to know. So those gray hand held chronos aren't accurate in regards to that at all?
dominantgazelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 01:47 PM #10
minimag03

I don't have extensive experience with the Virtue clock if that's the one you're talking about, but it appeared to count the BPS in the same fashion when I used it. If you're talking about the rectangle greay handheld chrono then it definitely is not reliable for BPS. Like I said, the only way to tell true BPS is recording the audio and counting how many shots are in each second.
Old 02-27-2013, 04:31 PM #11
StyngRay2

Quote:
Originally Posted by minimag03 View Post
ok then why when I use my virtue clock to measure bps on my timmy with tadao oled the BPS readings match on both...sounds accurate to me.....??
Old 02-27-2013, 04:50 PM #12
minimag03

Quote:
Originally Posted by StyngRay2 View Post
ok then why when I use my virtue clock to measure bps on my timmy with tadao oled the BPS readings match on both...sounds accurate to me.....??
They both count bps the same way, by the time between two shots. They aren't counting how many balls are coming out of your gun per second. They both can be accurate in measuring the time between shots, but not telling true BPS. Notice how you can pull the trigger 3 times very fast and the board doesn't just say 3 bps, but measures the shortest time between the 3 shots and displays how fast the gun was shooting in that fraction of a second. Take an audio recording of your gun shooting in semi and record the bps displayed by your gun. Then look at the audio file and count how many shots you actually got in any single second. That number will be lower than what your gun or chrono displays. That's why it says chronos aren't reliable in the manual. It's like paintball companies want you to believe you shooting 18 bps in semi when its really closer to 13-14. It's important to remember that this doesn't really count for any ramping mod set to a certain bps after the ramping has kicked in, they can read those pretty accurately because the time between shots are uniform.

Last edited by minimag03 : 02-27-2013 at 05:10 PM.
minimag03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 08:50 AM #13
rdpb197

rdpb197 is playing at Living Legends VII
rdpb197 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
rdpb197 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
rdpb197 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
look for used boards
rdpb197 is offline   Reply With Quote