Community Focus

Old 08-26-2014, 10:11 PM #85
V3nd3tta2o11
Warzone Paintball RI

V3nd3tta2o11 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
V3nd3tta2o11 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
V3nd3tta2o11 is for the Gunfight
V3nd3tta2o11 supports DLX Technology
No matter how many ****ing times I tell the young children not to take of their masks, take a guess what they do...i once had a splatmaster party with a group of 8 year olds, needless to say that day was a ****storm. Once the kids would get out they'd flip their masks off and all the kids who were out would get in a group and converse. Every ****in kid who was still in decided to turn and start shooting the kids without masks on.

Let me explain that so you understand. Its me, a 16 year old ref to whom most normal adult players just quietly tell me to **** off whenever i reprimand something, and another ref who just sat in the background and blazed. The parents were playing but they obviously were ****ing born yesterday or adopted those kids yesterday because they had no ****ing clue how to tell their kids to listen to me.

Let this little story be a basis for something: yes they were younger kids but I get it all the time with normal paintballers, and hence this I believe the age requirement at most fields in the US should be 13. A lot of 10 year olds who come down to my field are ****ing narcotic and have no clue that when they lift that mask for a split second they face permanent blindness or death.

I understand that for every 100,000 players there's something like 20 injuries but it takes older kids to understand the responsibilities and hazards of play. Just my 2 cents guys, if you've actually read all this thanks for paying attention haha.

YES, FOR THE LOVE OF JESUS, RHODE ISLAND IS A STATE

eBay:

http://www.ebay.com/usr/m0unta1nd3wd11
V3nd3tta2o11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 09-14-2014, 06:20 PM #86
simple_condolences
Zach Traylor

simple_condolences owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
simple_condolences supports Team VICIOUS
simple_condolences plays in the APPA D4 division
simple_condolences has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrpresident2107 View Post
My number one most annoying thing is when a new player asks for a paint check on their mask. I come over to check it and he or she points to a giant splat of paint right in the middle of their lens and asks if it broke...
Quote:
Originally Posted by feidler View Post
That's just retarded! Lol.
I hate it most when people take their mask off durning games after you warned them twice. I try to give them some slack but come on. Your going to get kicked off for a while if you keep doing it.
You'd be surprised... This happens a lot, including in tournaments. Tournaments are of course more people trying to get a referee to call them clean rather than actually ask if it broke, but that's besides the point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmxwright View Post
When rec ball players go try hard against the new players. Also when people don't tip, I essentially get paid nothing so tips are very nice.
Then go get a real job.
simple_condolences is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2015, 03:16 PM #87
SCerrl710

I'm not a ref, but the one thing that has been awful lately at my local field is people talking while the refs are trying to explain which field/ game type we're going to play. Literally half of the walk on players last Sunday were having to ask the refs repeatedly all day while actually walking to said field.

Also another problem the refs were talking about last weekend.... litter. How hard is it for people to clean up after themselves. I personally picked up 2 empty boxes, 3 bottles and probably 10 empty paint bags on Sunday.

We ended up only running about 4 games all day bc the refs were getting so pissed about the trash. Having to walk around after each game to remind people.
SCerrl710 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2015, 09:28 PM #88
NoCoolNamesLeft

I hated when a rec player came up to me and said...
Rec-player:" ai yo ref fix my gun!"
Me: "I see that marker doesn't belong to us, also it is an old one (sypder rodeo)."
Rec-player: "So you gonn' fix it?!?"
Me: "Sorry sir I do not know how it works but you seeing how it belongs to you, you should know how it works."
I turn to the group behind me and I ask if everyone knows how their markers worked. All of them said yes.
Rec-player: *Feels dumb and offended in three, two, and one...*
NoCoolNamesLeft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2015, 11:24 PM #89
C0lin

C0lin owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
C0lin has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
This thread should be called "what not to do when you go paintballing".
Old 02-05-2015, 11:30 PM #90
ReynoldsZ33
Bazinga

ReynoldsZ33 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
ReynoldsZ33 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
ReynoldsZ33 supports Empire
I love it when kids say "can I be a sniper".....sure, sit at the back of the field and get flanked hard as ****.

People that play woodsball in full speedball garb just to scare the rec ballers.
(ive actually payed one of the regulars to **** 2 of those kids up...and I made sure they knew why......dont talk **** to 10 year olds....at a birthday party....when their parents are watching them try to have fun. Also, dont get pissed when I say that Im going to play a game because im "pro".....no....im not, but im better than you...and your going to be the only person i shoot) Im a dick.

I dont mind parents taking pictures and stuff....I even offer to get in close for the action shots. Why not. I also dont mind if they stand by me while I ref.... Its always cool to socialize with the parents. Keeps them coming back. Plus they are usually cool anyways. I mean hell, they are letting their kids shoot people. DUH.

When renters ask if they can use my gun because its their birthday.....no. just....no.

Paint grenades....oh joy.

Full BDU kids who are in high school ROTC....and think they are ****ing navy seals. Hand signals, Night vision goggles. Badass Tippman. Canteen/Camelback, Compression gear, bouie knife, face paint. Giving orders like a drill sgt, trying to do full battle formations with a bunch of 12 year old kids who could care less... Those are fun. "did you see my badass roll? I totally knife killed that guy".....yup.

"Can we respawn?"

"So is it search and destroy or team deathmatch?"

Kids who hold their gun sideways and wonder why no paintballs are coming out.....smh

I could do on for days. Most of the stuff is funny most of the time. I just try to have fun with it.
ReynoldsZ33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2015, 01:05 PM #91
viatche
#HASTAG

Thumbs up nice noob

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReynoldsZ33 View Post
"Can we respawn?"
"So is it search and destroy or team deathmatch?"
maybe next time buddy, maybe next time.
Old 03-24-2015, 07:28 PM #92
Bsharp
[HOAGIES]

What annoys me the most when reffing is...

1. Blind firing. Especially when you are in the same direction.
2. Immaturity. I deal with a great volume of customers each week. Nothing annoys me more when some snooty kid decides to test my limits.
3. MASK DOWN! I can not even count the number of times I say this in one day. You watched a safety video for a reason.
4. Bad sportsmanship. Happens all the time. That one guy, who believes his skill is unmatched, and treats recreational play like it's the 2015 PSP Dallas Open. Sorry, but you are facing little kids or very inexperienced players, I refuse to run across the field and paint check some kid when clearly, ya blow and did not hit him.
5. Disrespect. I'm doing my job to please 300+ people. You are not that special.

Despite what annoys me, I love my job. I love helping other people and entertaining them. I plan on reffing until my broke *** graduates college.