Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 02-13-2016, 09:07 PM #1
str1ckforce

When to upgrade gun ETEK 5 / CS1

How do players determine when it is time to upgrade their gun?

I currently have an ETEK 5 and love it. Someone at my field the other day had a CS1 and let me shoot it - maybe it is because I am too new - but I didnt really see that much of a difference to warrant $550 vs $1600 (or whatever the current price of it is). There is obviously a bit of ignorance on my part related to this question. Real world shooting difference - is there a clear advantage? Or is the price tag/gun more about being 'part of the club'?

When I watch reviews of the CS1 (or any of the higher price range guns) or look at comparison videos - they seem to be very vague - shows a guy shooting it and saying 'yeah this gun is great'.
str1ckforce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 02-13-2016, 09:29 PM #2
Hocky

Hocky owns a Planet Eclipse CS1
There is no real performance advantage in practice. It is a "part of the club" and luxury feature sale.
Hocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2016, 12:30 AM #3
zcason
Shamrock

zcason is playing at Living Legends IX
zcason is playing at Living Legends Dreaded
zcason owns a Planet Eclipse Gtek
zcason supports Ninja Paintball
With current "mid-range" markers there really doesn't seem to be much point in the higher price tags. The Eteks have no issue keeping up with a $1500 marker at all.
zcason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2016, 03:45 PM #4
_m_c_

With a high end you will get more adjustability more features and settings and in some cases a smoother shot and more efficient. It's like a luxury car, a high end will feel better to shoot and hold usually and have more features. Most mid range markers can keep up but a high end will generally shoot nicer. Its whether you have the money for a high end of if u really see that's it's worth it to you. Teams that are sponsored will usually get free high ends and other gear. Some people buy used so they can afford a high end
_m_c_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2016, 11:41 PM #5
SpanksIPB

SpanksIPB owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
SpanksIPB owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
It is time to upgrade when your marker can not perform the function you require of it. The Etek5 and Gtek are mid range monsters capable of hanging with the best markers out there. High ends are really a mater of want and not need theses days.
Old 02-17-2016, 02:11 PM #6
SilEntOldsOuL
play small.....

has been a member for 10 years
SilEntOldsOuL owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
SilEntOldsOuL supports Ninja Paintball
The "club" markers allow you to tune to your needs. Markers that don't fit that mode tend to require aftermarket parts to allow you to either change certain characteristics of the marker or tune it completely.

Tournament oriented players prefer joining "the club" because it allows them to set their markers up for the paint and conditions they find themselves playing in. Almost all other players will find little to no need to meet these conditions because they are not putting as large an investment on the line on any given day of play. That said I do play tournament with the Etek5 and it's a beast but it's a far cry from yesteryear's mid-range markers.
Twin City Vipers #30On the death of the Autococker:
wolf13 "The king is dead, long live the king."
SilEntOldsOuL is offline   Reply With Quote