Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 02-17-2013, 07:33 PM #1
cjam93

cjam93 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
cjam93 plays in the APPA D4 division
cjam93 supports Shocker RSX
First time on the field today in 7 years

First off, wow was I rusty! Haha its depressing to thing that 13 year old me could play circles around myself now at 20. However the day was great! Got in around 4 hours or at the field. I ended up shooting maybe 4 people out in total, I have a long ways to go without a doubt. It was a lot of fun though. One of the things that I loved about paintball back then and could tell it was still the same today was just how cool and down to earth everyone was. I know you get the occasional idiot who things hes God's gift to earth haha but overall everyone Ive met through paintball has always been really cool. Its one of the things that sets the sport apart from other sports in my book.
cjam93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 02-17-2013, 08:51 PM #2
Gyvanth
That Awkward Guy

Gyvanth has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Gyvanth has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Gyvanth has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Glad you had fun!

And you're right about the people who play paintball, most people are wicked chill. You would think that a sport like paintball would attract a lot of crazy people who are borderline psychopaths, but most people are really awesome and accepting of everyone. Someone here not too long ago summed up the paintball community's vibe very well; no one cares about you, but in a good way. Everyone just appreciates that you're out there and making the game full.
Gyvanth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 09:21 AM #3
2nwyka
A Lover and a Poet

2nwyka posts videos on PbNation
2nwyka has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
2nwyka supports Ninja Paintball
Sounds good, dude! The way to get better is to go out and play! You can do drills until your fingers fall off, but ultimately it's time on the field that will make you good!
The paintball community is pretty awesome. I'd even venture to say that it's much better than the rock climbing community! Just go out there and have fun! It's something you have to enjoy!
Good hunting!
Noah

AutoCocker Builder
2nwyka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 10:31 AM #4
cjam93

cjam93 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
cjam93 plays in the APPA D4 division
cjam93 supports Shocker RSX
haha thanks guys, and yea I for sure will be back out again really soon. I had forgotten how addicting that rush can be!
cjam93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 10:32 PM #5
dps093
I like Flexes

dps093 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
dps093 plays in the APPA D4 division
dps093 is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
dps093 is Boss
dps093 supports Ninja Paintball
dps093 supports Empire
This is why I love the sport. A bad day of paintball is still better than a good day at work.
dps093 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 02:34 PM #6
HollowLefty
Falls down a lot

Good stuff! I've been out myself long enough that I forgot my old pbn username but am planning a proper comeback come spring glad the game never changes
HollowLefty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 02:51 PM #7
kman

kman is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
kman is reppin' sidebar 4 life
kman supports Ninja Paintball
Awesome. I don't get to play near as much as I used to when i was younger, but when I do it is just so much fun. Lately I have been grabbing my pump and jumping in with the walk on rentals. Everybody has so much fun and are hooked for life.
kman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 05:52 PM #8
Boom Master
Scenario Player

Quote:
You would think that a sport like paintball would attract a lot of crazy people who are borderline psychopaths
No they have to have REAL guns in case the Canadians invade. They wouldn't get caught dead with a flashy, annodized red and silver BUSHMASTER and fashionally dressed like the paintballers.

Tis a fact that Armed Forces stopped recuiting that 18-25 paintball warrior wanna be decades ago. I personally talked to the guy that holds the purse strings for recuiting sponsor ships. I was just asking to use one of their Go Army Humvees to mount a turret, twin 20 mm cannon and a rocket launcher for our area scenario games. Smiling, he explained that they tried it and the paintball crowd will not sign up for combat MOS. They all want the technical and support jobs. The spend their recuiting dollars at the colleges and technical schools for those non-combat MOS.

The first thing you learn in paintball is that it was the guy you didn't see that got you. Paintball's effective range is 40 yards tops. ANYBODY could hit you with an AK at that range with his eyes closed. Any decent shot could nail you from 100 yards easy. There are a lot of places to hide within 100 yards of you.

No, we aren't going to play with REAL Bullets. You'd have to be CRAZY.

If you think about it, paintball, in a strange way promotes World Peace.

So far, I have had no luck inviting Miss America candidates to play paintball.

Maybe you younger and better looking guys should give it a try.

If you haven't grown up by age 50........

You don't have to......
Boom Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 06:00 PM #9
Gyvanth
That Awkward Guy

Gyvanth has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Gyvanth has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Gyvanth has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boom Master View Post
No they have to have REAL guns in case the Canadians invade. They wouldn't get caught dead with a flashy, annodized red and silver BUSHMASTER and fashionally dressed like the paintballers.

Tis a fact that Armed Forces stopped recuiting that 18-25 paintball warrior wanna be decades ago. I personally talked to the guy that holds the purse strings for recuiting sponsor ships. I was just asking to use one of their Go Army Humvees to mount a turret, twin 20 mm cannon and a rocket launcher for our area scenario games. Smiling, he explained that they tried it and the paintball crowd will not sign up for combat MOS. They all want the technical and support jobs. The spend their recuiting dollars at the colleges and technical schools for those non-combat MOS.

The first thing you learn in paintball is that it was the guy you didn't see that got you. Paintball's effective range is 40 yards tops. ANYBODY could hit you with an AK at that range with his eyes closed. Any decent shot could nail you from 100 yards easy. There are a lot of places to hide within 100 yards of you.

No, we aren't going to play with REAL Bullets. You'd have to be CRAZY.

If you think about it, paintball, in a strange way promotes World Peace.

So far, I have had no luck inviting Miss America candidates to play paintball.

Maybe you younger and better looking guys should give it a try.

Shoo, back to the crazy bin with you.
Gyvanth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 06:21 PM #10
Generationlost

Generationlost owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Quote:
Originally Posted by dps093 View Post
This is why I love the sport. A bad day of paintball is still better than a good day at work.

Glad you had fun, Now get out there next week and keep it going .
Generationlost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 11:32 AM #11
Hinjin

Hinjin is playing at Living Legends V
Hinjin owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
Hinjin posts videos on PbNation
Hinjin has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Hinjin has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by dps093 View Post
I feel like that is a famous quote xD If it isn't then it should be
Old 02-20-2013, 11:38 AM #12
dps093
I like Flexes

dps093 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
dps093 plays in the APPA D4 division
dps093 is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
dps093 is Boss
dps093 supports Ninja Paintball
dps093 supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hinjin View Post
I feel like that is a famous quote xD If it isn't then it should be
Lol it's just something I've always said.
dps093 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 11:40 AM #13
Hinjin

Hinjin is playing at Living Legends V
Hinjin owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
Hinjin posts videos on PbNation
Hinjin has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Hinjin has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
I think I'll have to add that to my list of quotes. Thanks for such an awesome quote
Old 02-20-2013, 01:00 PM #14
FriendlyNudist

I believe the original line is "a bad day of fishing is better than a good day at work." You can get hats with it printed on it.
FriendlyNudist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 11:07 PM #15
avengeddisciple

avengeddisciple owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
avengeddisciple has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
I love going out to the field i play at largely due to the fact that it is just a different world. Everyone is a good sport, and if you gog them you get a thumbs up and a laugh out of it. I have yet to meet a super intense player on my field. salt of earth these people.
Old 02-21-2013, 08:43 AM #16
Ryan_Peterson_

haha
Ryan_Peterson_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 09:22 PM #17
DaveA

haven't played in a week, I'm DYING to get out on the field again! In some ways PB hasn't changed much for the worse in 7 years. The ROF ramp limits were put into place, which I think helps a little since any wannabes and tourney hoes are a little more limited in their ROF now. On the other hand, the milsim guns have entered the ramp-able world a lot more, and they probably want a little revenge for the years when they had to deal with rampers playing walk-on in the woods...
I don't know if I would come back after 7 years, though playing as a 13 yr old then coming back as a 20, isn't so much a deal. I'm a coot, and if I left after playing these past 21 years and came back in 7 years time...hmmm I'd be creakin' and sht, fat, and ugly, who knows what else. I hope I don't have to leave the sport for a while... Ew, though actually last year I got fed up with PB for about two weeks. I was sick of the cheaters, the whiners, the bad sports, etc. I almost quit then, I guess. I finally had to tell myself that there's always been the bad vibes and influences in PB, they are nothing new, and to enjoy playing ball, we've always had to bring the fun to the field, not expect it to be there waiting... So I guess that moment of disillusionment is over and I'm back to stay.
DaveA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 02:13 PM #18
forehand

Good to hear its still fun, haha. Haven't played in six years myself and thinking about getting back in.
forehand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 03:09 PM #19
ROTTIMUS PRIME

That's why we all play.....because it's fun. I started playing back in the late 80's early 90's and I'm still going strong. You see plenty people come and go, but if they truly love it eventually they make their way back. If you play fairly and to the best of your abilities. Your paintball brothers and sisters will accept you with open arms. Then the funny stories begin. HAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!
ROTTIMUS PRIME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 06:01 PM #20
pembo0630
MO five-oh

pembo0630 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
pembo0630 is a top reviewer
I've taken an 8 year hiatus, can't wait to get back out on the field some day. With college and work and **** that won't be until this summer at the earliest. You know how it goes.
Old 03-15-2013, 03:14 PM #21
Mdteefey

Good to hear! I'll be making my first trip out in years pretty soon as well..Looking forward to it!
Mdteefey is offline   Reply With Quote