PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 09-27-2003, 10:47 PM #1
Sheniqua

AFI's Shows are Terrible Now

They were an awesome live band, and still are. But after going to see them today, I may never see them again. This is 100% due to the new fans. I used to be agitated with them, but now I hate them with a passion. It used to be such a tight knit community, where everyone respected eachother. Now it's terrible, everyone's there to act like a retard, not to enjoy the band actually playing. A short list of crap you should not have to put up with at any show:

-Thirteen year old girls crowd surfing. This is the ****ing plague. I almost never see anyone actually try to not kick people in the head anymore, and they even make it worse. Sometimes it's intentional, and I swear to God, if I had a knife in the crowd, there would be no more crowd surfing.
-Moshing to slow songs is retarded. Aimlessly doing it through out the whole show is also a sign of down syndrome.
-Moshing can be fun at the right times, until some moron thinks it'd be cool to go in there and start punching random people.
-If someone falls, help them up Goddamnit. Trampeling them or laughing at them does not make you cool.
-Don't try and sing along to a song if you don't know the lyrics.
-Throwing stuff on stage is not a way to show appreciation for your favorite band.
-Throwing stuff at me is is also not appreciative. I'm also justified in knocking you over if I find out who you are.
-Pointless excessive swearing does not impress anyone.
-If someone wont lift you up to crowd surf, don't get agitated with them. Maybe they actually want to enjoy watching their favorite band play.
-I'm not obligated to give up my spot so you can get a little closer to the stage.

So all I have to say to this is, thank you teenyboppers, for ruining AFI's live shows. May you all rot in Hell.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 09-27-2003, 10:52 PM #2
Horger

has been a member for 10 years
I totally agree. I went to a show at the Electric Factory in Philly on may 16th.

About half of the people there were middle school kids... seriously, a bunch of little assclowns. Also, on the moshing thing, it was pretty bad. There were nothing but little weiners moshing to every single song. I know I like to go out and mosh during some fast paced, heavy songs, but these kids were just ridiculous.

AFI put on a great show, but for all of the above reasons, it was slightly less enjoyable.

But at least I got the set list!
Old 09-27-2003, 10:58 PM #3
paintballinpenguin

it really is getting to be kind of annoying. i went to see cold a while back. there's this one song that scooter wrote about his sister who has cancer. it's really deep and kinda slow, and people were moshing. i was like jesus christ, show some respect man.

also i went to see static-x (one of my favs live). i like static-x fans, they are really friendly. except for the ones who just buy a ticket to see what it's like. i was up at the front and these two preppy *****es are like making a blockade around their girlfriends and the rest of the crowd. i found them after the concert and told the two girls that if they can't handle it by themselves, then stay in the ****ing back and watch. hey, at least i got a guitar pick from tripp eisen
Old 09-27-2003, 11:00 PM #4
Sheniqua

It rubbed me the wrong way when people moshed to God Called in Sick Today. I mean come on.....
Old 09-27-2003, 11:00 PM #5
Horger

haha... jackasses were moshing to morning star, etc.
Old 09-27-2003, 11:01 PM #6
HearshotKidDisaster

the funny thing about it is that this was the one band i could never picture this happening to 2 years ago.

wow, i just figured out sheiquas dark secret and that was yet another thing i didnt see coming.
Old 09-27-2003, 11:03 PM #7
Sheniqua

Yeah, "Sheniqua" is glad to be back.
Old 09-27-2003, 11:04 PM #8
Horger

if it wasn't for Sing the Sorrow, this would have never happened.
Old 09-27-2003, 11:06 PM #9
HearshotKidDisaster

Quote:
Originally posted by Sheniqua
Yeah, "Sheniqua" is glad to be back.
good because i was starting to think "sheniqua" dont live here no more .

things were really slowing down at ai, too.
Old 09-27-2003, 11:06 PM #10
Sheniqua

Quote:
Originally posted by Horger
if it wasn't for Sing the Sorrow, this would have never happened.
So very true. I tried to go with the flow and accept the huge changes AFI went through, but in the end, I feel it was for the worst.
Old 09-27-2003, 11:09 PM #11
HearshotKidDisaster

thats why indie-rock is the thing to listen to

no matter what, everyone thinks your a loser for listening to it . and trust me, i know.
Old 09-27-2003, 11:10 PM #12
Horger

Quote:
Originally posted by Sheniqua
So very true. I tried to go with the flow and accept the huge changes AFI went through, but in the end, I feel it was for the worst.
Yeah I don't like it at all. I mean, I can listen to the new album, but it doesnt have the same effect as the others at all.

Damn kiddies...

I know I've been a recluse all my life. I would have never gone to a concert when I was 12 or 13. But I was listening to stuff like NIN, soundgarden, STP, etc. when I was 8 years old.. hah.

coincidentally, I started masturbating when I was 8 also. Makes you think, huh.
Old 09-27-2003, 11:16 PM #13
waveryth3m

Overmind, you could probably imagine how angry this information has made me. God, what a disapointment. **** you pop culture.
Old 09-27-2003, 11:17 PM #14
HearshotKidDisaster

well, still im sure we would all rather have younger kids than a bunch of fat guys in slayer wife beaters in the bit with us. i learned that the hard way at the apc show.

btw, who would have guessed that half a day after "sheniqua" starts posting again, we have multiple afi discussions on the same page .

Last edited by HearshotKidDisaster : 09-27-2003 at 11:21 PM.
Old 09-27-2003, 11:20 PM #15
waveryth3m

Quote:
Originally posted by HearshotKidDisaster
well, still im sure we would all rather have younger kids than a bunch of fat guys in slayer wife beaters in the bit with us.
Sounds like HSKD is a small d00d .
Old 09-27-2003, 11:23 PM #16
HearshotKidDisaster

hey man, wait until i can reach the cookie jar on the counter. then we'll see whos talking the smack...

Old 09-27-2003, 11:33 PM #17
Pez King

i went to that mtv taping in orlando for afi, it wasn't as bad as you guys have described your recent experiences.. it obviously wasn't like the years before, but they weren't moshing to god called in sick today or morning star... there were some douche bags though too, the fella's who will go into the pit to punch you in the face, but they don't get near the hardcore dancing, ay carumba!
Old 09-27-2003, 11:36 PM #18
Se7en
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by paintballinpenguin
it really is getting to be kind of annoying. i went to see cold a while back. there's this one song that scooter wrote about his sister who has cancer. it's really deep and kinda slow, and people were moshing. i was like jesus christ, show some respect man.
Yeah man....His girlfriend has it too....That's just wrong.

All ages shows suck.
Old 09-27-2003, 11:36 PM #19
TheSquirrelMaster
lame salad

Well... Every 311 concert I've been to here in C-bus has rocked. Great crowd, really gets into it with a good vibe.

w00t for 311
Old 09-27-2003, 11:42 PM #20
HearshotKidDisaster

Quote:
Originally posted by Se7en
Yeah man....His girlfriend has it too....That's just wrong.

All ages shows suck.
unfortunately i'll have to agree, even though i am a year behind the legal age limit. the thing is though is it isn’t for the 18+ attendants to assume that the younger audience isn’t going to take the show just as seriously as everyone else.

as far as the kids getting rowdy goes, im too busy flowing with the music to even give a ****. the only thing i hate is crowd surfing, which is why i don’t both to hold the guys up.
Old 09-28-2003, 12:17 AM #21
TiMie74

That is why I love REAL SMALL clubs. You cant surf cuz the roof is too low and moshing is limited to room. Its just you and the band really. RxB, No Motiv, and Fairweather played at this itght *** club here and it was soo cool. Just me, dancing, and rocking out.