PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 09-14-2012, 08:11 PM #1
paintballer1116

has been a member for 10 years
keep it tight or loose?

ok, this is kinda lame since ive been playing for 9 years and have had my ego for 5 but anyways, i keep trying to adjust my trigger to help improve my ability to shoot (note:i currently use an sl66 bw ego). unfortunately, i have no idea what im doing. whats the best way to adjust the trigger?
paintballer1116 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 09-14-2012, 08:28 PM #2
XKE

That is really a matter of personal preference. Whatever helps you shoot the quickest is going to be the best way for you. Just play around with different settings and see what you prefer.
XKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 08:42 PM #3
Invert O.G
Total Eclipse

plays in the NXL
Invert O.G owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Invert O.G plays in the APPA D4 division
Invert O.G supports DLX Technology
Invert O.G supports Shocker RSX
no one can set up the trigger to your spesc better then you
Invert O.G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 08:43 PM #4
Lungorthin
War Cult Supremacy

Lungorthin owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Lungorthin owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
For me, I like to a long trigger pull (to give it enough time to reset between fingers) and the activation point near the end of the trigger pull giving about a mm of travel after it activates. I set the spring tension pretty low, on a scale of about 4/10 but enough for it to reset fast enough.
Give it a shot. I set up 2 of my friends triggers and they seem to like it
Lungorthin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 12:39 AM #5
CAOL_98
Blessed by grace!

CAOL_98 supports Ninja Paintball
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lungorthin View Post
For me, I like to a long trigger pull (to give it enough time to reset between fingers) and the activation point near the end of the trigger pull giving about a mm of travel after it activates. I set the spring tension pretty low, on a scale of about 4/10 but enough for it to reset fast enough.
Give it a shot. I set up 2 of my friends triggers and they seem to like it
This exactly! Longer trigger pull seems to be more natural for me...to short and it doesn't feel right (I've know guys who've set theres for literally next to nothing for pull...it feels goofy)...activation needs to be set exactly as above...giving you a cushion after the pull...then play with the spring (or magnet...can't remember what the 05 has) until it has the right amount of return tension...too much and it feels sticky..to little and you're using the microswitch as the sole return (also, sorry if I'm wrong...05's may only have an opto sensor)...just play with the return until it feels like it snaps back to you quick enough, but doesn't cause so much resistance that it feels "sticky" between shots.

"This sport transcends all expectations. I thank God for this gift and the friends I have made playing."
CAOL_98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 11:16 AM #6
C0ck3r_W0RR1OR
Dyin's for Fools!

C0ck3r_W0RR1OR owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
C0ck3r_W0RR1OR owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Personally I prefer a medium-long length pull, that doesn't necessarily have a hard pull, but isn't loose and floppy either, so basically medium length, medium strength return haha...and with the micro-switch activation point near the end of the pull with only a tiny bit of free play afterwards, of course.

Best way to find what you like is to check out other people's guns at the field, see how some of the experienced/knowledgeable/tech savvy/older players have their triggers configured.
C0ck3r_W0RR1OR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 03:01 PM #7
Soul06
The Last Thing You'll See

Soul06 owns a Planet Eclipse CSL
Soul06 owns a Planet Eclipse CS1
Soul06 supports Ninja Paintball
I like mine set to medium to short pulls. Just slightly more than enough to clear the micro switch.

Obnoxious, NY - High Velocity, NY - Liberty, NY - Cousins, NY - Top Gun, NJ
On Target, NJ - Accurate, NJ - Skirmish, PA - CPX Sports, IL - Paintball Explosion, IL - P&L, MA - Pev's, VA - SC Village, CA

Soul06 is offline   Reply With Quote