bmx2much is reppin' sidebar 4 life
bmx2much is one of the top 250 posters on PbNation
not going to happen.
bmx2much is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 01-06-2008, 02:44 PM #86
The Crusader

It's probably be said a few times now, but it's just the beginning of a new cycle. I saw a presentation on the Myan culture last semester that was done by a woman who seemed to have deticated her life to it. (Sad I know)

Basically, the myan calander is circular and as days/hours/months/years/etc pass the wheels turn from the inside out. Kinda like the gears of a clock turning. On December 21st, 2012, the calander will have made it's first full rotation. Thus a new cycle will start. Our calander ends after 12 months. And it starts again for a new year. The myan "year" is a few thousand years our perception. That's the best I can do.

Basically, no the world will not end.
The Crusader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 07:13 PM #87
warbeak2099
That is my foot!

has been a member for 10 years
warbeak2099 has perfected Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
warbeak2099 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
warbeak2099 is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
warbeak2099 supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Crusader View Post
It's probably be said a few times now, but it's just the beginning of a new cycle. I saw a presentation on the Myan culture last semester that was done by a woman who seemed to have deticated her life to it. (Sad I know)

Basically, the myan calander is circular and as days/hours/months/years/etc pass the wheels turn from the inside out. Kinda like the gears of a clock turning. On December 21st, 2012, the calander will have made it's first full rotation. Thus a new cycle will start. Our calander ends after 12 months. And it starts again for a new year. The myan "year" is a few thousand years our perception. That's the best I can do.

Basically, no the world will not end.
THANK YOU, SOMEONE ELSE UNDERSTANDS!
Old 01-06-2008, 07:29 PM #88
As a Young Man

http://openpresswire.com/2008/01/06/5/

Suns solar cycle to end in 2011 or 2012. Coincidence?
As a Young Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 10:47 PM #89
Nalayah

Quote:
Originally Posted by As a Young Man View Post

Yes, the Mayans were superintelligent and clairevoyant. Most definately not a coincidence.

1978 Suzuki GS750
2000 Honda CBR 600 F4
Nalayah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 01:21 PM #90
ncbbh88
Dont hate the truth

ncbbh88 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
the mayans worshiped the sun they believe it rose ad set into a cave every night so ironically alot of their worship of the sun took place in caves... they were very inteligent and were experts when it came to the sun

additionally the sun has 11 or 12 year sun spot cycles that have been constant as long as we have been observing it.

NC
ncbbh88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 01:29 PM #91
Mastermind26
We are moons

Mastermind26 is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncbbh88 View Post
the mayans worshiped the sun they believe it rose ad set into a cave every night so ironically alot of their worship of the sun took place in caves... they were very inteligent and were experts when it came to the sun (and astronomy in general)

additionally the sun has 11 or 12 year sun spot cycles that have been constant as long as we have been observing it.

NC
Fixed.

And I didn't know about the caves. I thought their worship of the Sun was mainly on their temples (one for the moon and one for the Sun) in their metropolitan cities.

CK member #04 (???)
Mastermind26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 03:17 PM #92
Vengeance_28

Quote:
Originally Posted by As a Young Man View Post

it didnt say nothing about the end of the world gosh lol it says that there usually shows up a solar sun spot every 11 years or so like 1989 a bunch of electronics went down or somtin nothin to worry about but i mean things like storms and stuff should occur im not for sure but ive been watching alot of this kind of stuff to me im a christian and it says in the bible that no man will no the end of the world. so im sticking to that and besides nothing against the mayans but they thought it goes in a cave must of not known that much about the sun

the thing that is prolly going to happen (off topic sry) is that theres going to be an astroid that hits mars like 60,000 mph on like jan. 30th but im preety sure its nothing to worry about
Vengeance_28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 12:22 AM #93
U S NAVY SEALS

U S NAVY SEALS has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
U S NAVY SEALS has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
I dont believe is true but damn the world is aspose to end on my damn b-day come on guys dec 21st why cant it be the 22nd or 20th . lol
Old 01-12-2008, 09:22 AM #94
warbeak2099
That is my foot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by U S NAVY SEALS View Post
I dont believe is true but damn the world is aspose to end on my damn b-day come on guys dec 21st why cant it be the 22nd or 20th . lol
The world is supposed to end then according to who? Not the Mayans...
Old 01-12-2008, 11:32 PM #95
bushychild

So from that massively long post of yours your assuming that the sun revolves around the earth? is that what i got from that?
Old 01-12-2008, 11:41 PM #96
bigandrich44

Why the hell do I have to die on my damn birthday? Can't we do it on July 4th or something? I mean come on, I'm a great person.
bigandrich44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2008, 11:50 PM #97
warbeak2099
That is my foot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigandrich44 View Post
Why the hell do I have to die on my damn birthday? Can't we do it on July 4th or something? I mean come on, I'm a great person.
Who said you're going to die on your birthday? Who said you're going to die on December 21st, 2012? Like I said before, not the Mayans.
Old 01-12-2008, 11:54 PM #98
bushychild

Quote:
Originally Posted by warbeak2099 View Post
Who said you're going to die on your birthday? Who said you're going to die on December 21st, 2012? Like I said before, not the Mayans.
i thought at the end of each epoch some drastic event happened which killed everything?
Old 01-12-2008, 11:56 PM #99
bigandrich44

because I'm such a BAMF it would take blowing up the world to kill me.
bigandrich44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008, 12:10 AM #100
warbeak2099
That is my foot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bushychild View Post
i thought at the end of each epoch some drastic event happened which killed everything?
What epoch? I'm merely repeating my statement that the Mayans never predicted the end of the world. Only the end of their calendar. Which means at this particular date, a new calendar must be calculated.
Old 01-13-2008, 09:21 PM #101
Vacume in space

Quote:
This further supplies evidence for my "Everybody wants to be a part of the end of the world" hypothesis.
Funny how correct MVP is, seems like every generation has hilariously inaccurate predictions of when the world is going to end, and whenever the supposed date rolls around, nothing happens. It's just like how every generation thinks it's the end times, the worst times, and the times of the most dramatical change and revolution.
Vacume in space is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008, 09:59 PM #102
bushychild

Quote:
What epoch? I'm merely repeating my statement that the Mayans never predicted the end of the world. Only the end of their calendar. Which means at this particular date, a new calendar must be calculated.
yeah which is a new epoch...
Old 01-14-2008, 12:32 AM #103
warbeak2099
That is my foot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bushychild View Post
yeah which is a new epoch...
They never said that anything drastic or calamitous would happen though. Only that their calendar would cease to be accurate. If you think the Mayans predicted the end of the world you're a gullible moron.
Old 01-14-2008, 01:12 AM #104
EY3
one love

Quote:
They never said that anything drastic or calamitous would happen though. Only that their calendar would cease to be accurate. If you think the Mayans predicted the end of the world you're a gullible moron.
they predicted it would be a new age. its also wierd that the calader ends with a man pouring water, which is what aquarius is symbolized as in zodiac. because of a 24,000 year wobble, the sun enters a new age every 2000 years. we are now entering aquarius. the previous age was pisces (the fish, which symbolize jesus). the dawn of pisces was when christianity started. when moses came down that mountain he condemned the people that worshiped the ram(aries the ram, the age before pices), and gave them something new, the ten commandments. christianity was the new age movement of its day.

the mayans developed a very sophisticated calendar to track all this, and predicted the current new age in 2012. thats the point at which their calendar stops, on the date of the winter solstice on december 21, 2012.

nostradamus and the bible code also predicted change or an end in 2012.

Last edited by EY3 : 01-14-2008 at 01:17 AM.
EY3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 10:02 AM #105
Mastermind26
We are moons

Mastermind26 is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by EY3 View Post
they predicted it would be a new age. its also wierd that the calader ends with a man pouring water, which is what aquarius is symbolized as in zodiac. because of a 24,000 year wobble, the sun enters a new age every 2000 years. we are now entering aquarius. the previous age was pisces (the fish, which symbolize jesus). the dawn of pisces was when christianity started. when moses came down that mountain he condemned the people that worshiped the ram(aries the ram, the age before pices), and gave them something new, the ten commandments. christianity was the new age movement of its day.

the mayans developed a very sophisticated calendar to track all this, and predicted the current new age in 2012. thats the point at which their calendar stops, on the date of the winter solstice on december 21, 2012.

nostradamus and the bible code also predicted change or an end in 2012.
All this means what though? Many societies and civilizations have had many forms of representation of the times.

Here you are implying that fish symbolizes Jesus, but the same could be said about the cross, the tomb, bread, thorns, the Bible, etc. Because one thing fits it does not mean it is meant to fit.

Beside that, I'd like to know your sources for your claims. It's interesting.

CK member #04 (???)
Mastermind26 is offline   Reply With Quote