Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 05-22-2009, 09:08 AM #253
sgt.splatter

sgt.splatter

Hi Pyrate HOw have you been dude? I was just looking for something on google. I had started a blog and then couln't find it . I wanted to write on it again. SO I googled me .what a trip to find out that you are on google all over the place. WEll that is how i ran into this place. then I was reasding what you clows were arguing about.
WHo is Ol' Skool.
hat is just a Gass man!
just like P'ballers always have been. such a bunch of insecure kiddies. always trying to find the real truth of "Where DO I fit IN?"
It got me laughin' So i just had to join this forum. NOW take a look around .
I'm so Ol';Skool that when i jion this forum nobody but you even says hi!
that is proof once again that nobody knows how i am any more in P'ball.
I still get told by 3 people that i'm all that I can name them .and so can you and maybe I should say 4 5 or 6 because you and yer daughter is on that list.
I get the biggest kick out of Charles Holton when he calls.
it only took him 8 years to realise that I was not going to make a come back like i did in 1993.
and that I'm not going to put my tee shirt designs back on the market.
Then he calls and tells me he stopoped working at that fiolld down his way. and i haven't heard from him in months.
I do keep in touch with SPIKE. I love him too.
he keeps telling me that I am part of the NorthShore Devil DOgs.
and I don't know but only 2 guys who are Devil dogs. HIm and charles..
What am I to do with you guys.?
i call Masseys now and then . But they don''t keep in touch unless i call them.
NOW this is all okay with me. BUT It is funny. because for months i will not hear from any P'ballers.Then it will be a week of chatter.
then nothing again...
so I don't think i'm the nutty one. in this picture.
SO fill me in on how you are doing?
peace and bushes ,black flys and thorns. all is well.
sgt.splatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 05-22-2009, 09:15 AM #254
Pballerjosh
User Title Here

has been a member for 10 years
Pballerjosh is a Paintball photographer
What?
Old 05-22-2009, 11:26 AM #255
Darthdoug
CRU Paintball Player

Darthdoug donated to help Peyton Trent
Darthdoug supports our troops
Darthdoug plays in the APPA D3 division
You're old school when:

- Your first marker was a Splatmaster
- Your first tournament was in 1989
- You played in a national tournament game against Bob Long AND Dave Youngblood (Dye owner) iwhen they were on one team... we lost
- You thought people who bought paint by the bag as opposed to by the tube were rich bastards.
- When the rage of the day was how 'constant air' (any non-12 gram) was going to run the game

Yep, that's me.
Darthdoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 04:57 PM #256
Pyrate Jim

Sarge, you don't know the thrill of seeing you post here (and yes, it's often laughable but it's entertaining).
Makes me think Who's Next? Jim Ioulo? Jerry Braun? Paul Fogal?
I live with them blackflies and thorns, even if they're only in my head. But I refuse to be suppressed ~ I dream of peace and bushes.
Good to know you're still in touch with some of the folks. I'll be out next weekend playing with some of the BoneHeads, Tom Ghee will be there and most of Tactical Assault Command for a private get-together.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pballerjosh View Post
What?
Yer probably too young to know, but that man was publishing paintball comic strips over 20 years ago. Including drawings of a backpack warp feed:
(Apologies to Sarge if I'm infringing - but someone needs to show it)

PTI #2691 ~ C1, C2, C5, C5a, C6
http://www.paintball-pti.com/

Last edited by Pyrate Jim : 05-22-2009 at 05:07 PM.
Pyrate Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2009, 06:20 PM #257
mr. MUGATU

you know your old skool when you walk to the course with a huge boombox crankin "can't touch this" then go home after and watch the fresh prince
mr. MUGATU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2009, 07:18 PM #258
TouchofGrey

Sgt. Splatter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgt.splatter View Post
I'm so Ol';Skool that when i jion this forum nobody but you even says hi!.
Well, I am saying hello and hope you are doing well. Only met you once at Massey's and it was an honor!

"Ye ole hoarder of Nelspot Parts"
TouchofGrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 01:43 PM #259
sgt.splatter

That's a funnyTouch !
I only met you once too.
Hey Pyrate check the date on
that comic was 1997. I was trying to do what let every body see that all the stuff SGT.Splatter had on when he first came into the game was way ahead of the times. A bunch of guys thought they could build my get up for real.
But Nobody ever commented on that page,By 1997 as it became real then Sgt.Splatter became more obscure.
Because any poser could go out and but a Automatic ball pusher and attatch it to his gun.
Thom Kaye actually called when they built the first Automag and asked if he could call it the AUTO Lot-o-Balls. I said "if you have built the whole get up ,Sure." but he said he only had a gun that was like mine. I said "Well I only have a drawing of a gun like mine."
later he gave me an Automag with my logo on it. then i sent in for an update once and that **** head kept it . hey sent me another and I called and said WHAT the HELL did you keep my gun for ?
he said easy Now IT had my logo on it and I had used it .so he had kept is as a collectors item. Then guys were always playing trick on me..
My next AUTMAG Got all tricked out with Green splash anodizing,But melted when Eric Holland's store burnt down.
WANT a bad sad day Stand by and watch all your guns MELT IN A FRIGGIN" FIRE along with a couple hundred shirts. through Binoculars.
Because with the advent of backpacks and RubberMaid cups full of paint balls (by the way The first guy I ever saw with The CUPS full of paint was them was the Gardener bro's Adam what'shisname,of Smart Parts fame.)
I really can't remember his name. ((I got some brain damage in 1999 from a major loss of oxygen during a concusion and heart attack.lot of memory problems. ) SO I won't write anything i can't remember the details to.
Then Flynn Barnett Took that idea and WE came up with the WHALER and the Guppies, working in my basement on a lot of new gadjets all the time..
SO it was just a 10 years from tha first Sgt.Splatter comic to being able to do the same thing.
people would call me and ask about the Auto-lotto-balls if i would sell it If it was real. If they could send me a picture of the one they had built.
I built one in 1990 It worked great ,But it got blown to hell in testing as LUMPY and a couple of other guys and I took on another 5man squad in my basement in my basement.
Boy you shoulda heard my wife go off when we would have a game in the basement. especially when we were all shootting Bushmasters and SNIPERS with short barerels on them. they were like cannons .
that basement was only 14 feet wide by 48 feet long. It also contained my art studio and the teeshirt opperation .which we would cover with plastic.
Well we need some cover . One team would start up under the bulkhead and we would start in the old coal room and WOW!- WOP- BOB-O-A-LOOB-BOP-POP-BANG-BOOM POPITY ZIPP POPITY ZING POPITY ZIPPITY WE R doin' r thing.......ZIPPITY ZAPITTY OUCH OUCH OUCH..SPLATTER ALL OVER EVERYTHING ! Oh ya they waz real fast games .
Just big enough for a game .But it was a real ***** to advance untill you shot 3 or 4 guys. My wife would go ballistic.and that was funny too because the madder she got the higher her voice would get. She would be yellin'down the stairs and the dogs would be barkin'and the kids would be screamin'they wanted to come play and watch and well ....
she really hated it when we would stop 'cause They guys would shut right up except that they couldn't stop laughin' at her voice getting higher and higher. and that just got her mader and mader then she would just throw everybody out.Even LUMPY and she liked Lumpy.
SO if any ever told you they saw me with the full get up on a field they were lying. I retired the mask after it's 5th game. that was in Michigan .that is another story.
SO Now i don't play.
But so what . I'm doing other stuff.
What was the question?
Old 05-29-2009, 01:47 PM #260
nathan091 (Banned)

When you want to smack people for saying that their guns are too heavy when they are using guns that are all new than 05
nathan091 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 06:41 PM #261
sgt.splatter

Sgt.splatter

Ya know yer O'l Skool when ;
yer fat and everybody you play with is fat and ya don't even know any skinny *** freaks. and by the way I had a brain fart and couldn't remember in my last post the name of the other brother in the Gardner BROS.
That's really funny for even me.BEcause it came back to me juyst a while ago while i was taking a poop. Yep i had it printted on all the toilet paper i would ever needd if i lived 3 life times.
Whatshisname 's name was Billy .
Now if you read my comics then ya know that my arch enemey was always named Billy even the devil was named Billy . and that goes way back . I have heard from a good source that Billy once said stuff about me too.
But it was so cool i won't repeat it.
I know who he said it to and why .
SO that is funny Billy last time I saw him was skinny bald and running a speedball game for a TV show at the casanoi in Conneticuit.
I watched as long as i could 'Till i passed out from laughing'
I could help thinking WOW this hole show looks staged to be a tournament to promote SMART PARTS . yep that thought wouldn't go away ,!
Even whenei put on my old dirty uvex goggles to obscure the picture and added some weeds to the edges so maybe I could wax nostalgic into thinkin' i was watchin' a game in the bushes. BUt that didn't work either and I eventually was found passed out on the floor.
They told me they figured I must have been watchin' some paintball show cause my mouth was all blue and filled with crunched up Nelly shell and Blue juice..
My pals up here are all Motor heads Like me and dn't play paintball They tried it here and there But just didn't get into spending money that they needed for gas to drive all the crazy crapmobiles we make up heeeah for thje mud and the woods...
SO His name was illy yep ADAM and BILLY Gardener them guys for Smart parts a paintball Gun company then proceeded to lead the world on a wild goiose chase in persuit of some ultimate paint ball marker system ,with a series of lies,mythsand legends including but not limited to a couple of tales i told Billy about how a paint ball barreel can be designed to produce a venturi that creates "SOFT air at the barrel opening.. Of course it was complete bull.But I was tesing his integrity.. One day as i was showing him some holes I had drilled in a barrel in a specific pattern that I came upon completely by accident.
After talking with Glenny Plamer about drilling barrels in 1988.
Now that's a whole other story too. Suffice it to say that Billy Bit the bait.and ran for hell with it.
Even when i told him it was really jjust bullfor a joke . it was a bright enh idea for him to base a series of magazine adds around the false physics.
therefore he proceeded to sucker in every other guy that wanted an edge rather than learning one very simple paintball principle .
Don't be ashamed top aim. I still laugh about all of that about 20 years later..
Billy Gardener somebodies paintball hero ha ha ha heg heg heg arrrggghhgrrghghh
Old 05-29-2009, 08:19 PM #262
BadWolf88

when you remeber being in AWE of hearing an smg60 firing...I was!
you stripped and polished your vm68 and went to The Home Depot to buy metal and make a custom stock so your vm looked like Dave Youngloods in his black suit...I did!
you paid $1200 in total for a bob long original auto cocker in purple splash and people new it was the sickest gun out there!
you couldnt wait to get the latest splash parts for your mag then get the 8 hole mod done...
when cold weather came around you used your icon z cuz it shoots liquid...
when you searched for the "vector" that was in every magazine but nobody had ever seen
you went out to a "top quality field" that started in some ones garage.
you remember your autocockers serial # was 5 digits or less...mine 15497!
your mini cocker was 4 digits or less...mine was 608 still have that little green barrel some were!
BadWolf88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009, 11:13 AM #263
sgt.splatter

sgt.splatter

That's funny My Sniper a number on the side it is 675 if I can remember correctly.
I made a deal With BUd because he wanted a COMIC with his GUn in it....SO I said I'll that comic If you'll give me a Sniper.
his was over a weekend in New Jersey. I drwe the comic and sent it to him via FAX and that brand new SNIPER was on my door step the next morning.
It was so much fun to go to the local store SGT. YORK'S and show it off to the All Americans of the day. (before they were abducted by the evil forces)
Like back in '89 I was given 3 Nelson based cheep-o-cockers that some guys were going to win the whole market with.
Not because they were great guns, but because they had cool logos and already had thier patches and hats printed when they came to a event to Promote their guns..
Most of them failed and just ended up oewing every body money.
But it was fun to compare gun numbers with guys when you could open a bag that was full of pre productionand already extinct markers.
Old 05-30-2009, 04:36 PM #264
WorldStrike
PBN's Dick

WorldStrike supports Bob Gurnsey
WorldStrike posts videos on PbNation
WorldStrike has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
When you're using a PGP, just because old brass is still that awesome.
Says she don't see what all the ticking's for
WorldStrike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009, 07:22 PM #265
ToddsquaD
Victims... Arent we all.

I'm old school. Been playing since 89. There was so much i wanted to add to this but I think everything I had to add has already been touched on. I remember 40 round hoppers and thinking that i was the bomb because I didn't have to swap tubes every 10 rounds.

STFU AND PLAY!!
ToddsquaD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009, 09:21 PM #266
BadWolf88

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgt.splatter View Post
SGT. YORK'S
i played my very first tournament at sgt yorks, back in I think 93', placed third...beat the thunder lizards who were sponcered by montineel design and only shot icons, we could have placed second but my capt was called out for going in the water to shoot a player!
BadWolf88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009, 11:00 PM #267
Team Recoil

Paint was soooo expensive
Team Recoil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009, 11:18 PM #268
Benjammin822
burp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Recoil View Post
Paint was soooo expensive
Your signature fails so hard.

Just want to contribute.
Old 05-31-2009, 12:31 AM #269
alexpaintballer

alexpaintballer donated to help Peyton Trent
alexpaintballer supports Bob Gurnsey
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benjammin822 View Post
Your signature fails so hard.

Just want to contribute.
im glad im not the only person that thinks that/
Old 05-31-2009, 10:44 AM #270
ToddsquaD
Victims... Arent we all.

You not only remember paintball agitators, but you rememeber not having one REALLY sucked.

Now just to be clear, I'm not talking about agitated hoppers... I am talking about a drum you would pour your paintballs in at home that every once in a while would spin so the paintballs wouldn't get dimpled up or out of round.

Hey... when you bought a case of paint for $140+ and only used a few hundred every time you played, you did everything possible to keep them in good shape.

STFU AND PLAY!!
Old 05-31-2009, 01:04 PM #271
ToddsquaD
Victims... Arent we all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadWolf88 View Post
i played my very first tournament at sgt yorks, back in I think 93', placed third...beat the thunder lizards who were sponcered by montineel design and only shot icons, we could have placed second but my capt was called out for going in the water to shoot a player!
Holy Crap... The Monteel Icon "Z". I remember that thing! We saw a group of guys with them at the field and they were really nice markers (At the time) but later heard if all kinds of different problems they were having. I seem to remember something about power tubes breaking... Too long ago to actually remember.

Dont forget the "Macho Fire" either. I think that was the one they said was going to shoot football shaped paintballs instead of round ones.

(Insert sarcasm here) Shockingly the Macho-Fire never made it to production. This was probably a good thing as any gun that uses the word "Macho" in it's name cant be good. I always had the image of some greasy guy in a polyester suit and capezio's while reeking of Drakkar Noir rolling up in his 1982 Camaro to throw some ball.

I am SO glad the 80's are over. Hell even when it WAS the 80's I couldn't wait for it to be over.

Ahhhh seek and ye shall find. There are all KINDS of old Montneel guns and description here:

http://montneel.selfip.com/

STFU AND PLAY!!
Old 06-03-2009, 06:25 AM #272
Pyrate Jim

PTI #2691 ~ C1, C2, C5, C5a, C6
http://www.paintball-pti.com/
Pyrate Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 12:21 AM #273
dsgballer

dsgballer supports Team VICIOUS