Paintballsicko1 has been published on the PbNation Youtube Channel
they should do that.. cause that was one hell of a day when that happen
Advertisement
Old 09-08-2004, 08:17 PM #65
chibissj

Quote:
Originally posted by OllieLangowns
True but i dont think we can jus ignore it
No, you write it in a text book, put it in a HISTORY book where it belongs, that way it's documented for all future generations.

And to Jerseyz Finest You're way off, I care, but at the same time, keeping it alive isn't the best plan.
Old 09-08-2004, 08:21 PM #66
alltheshway

What hes trying to say is, while the people who were killed have to be respected...we can't hang on the event forever.

It was a tragedy we can all agree, but the past is the past...the longer it lingers, the longer it will take for us as a nation to grow from it.

On the same note, I do think doing some sort of tribute type thing at the Vegas event would be nice in numerous ways...to those who died, their families, and to the sport of paintball itself.

It can't hurt.
Old 09-08-2004, 08:21 PM #67
Germz

Quote:
Originally posted by chibissj
Still it's old, do we need to continue to open up old wounds?
u do have a point but its our duty as americans to pay tribute to the people who were killed that tragic day
Old 09-08-2004, 08:22 PM #68
JerZeys Finest

i dont understand why u have such a issue with a 30second moment of silence before we start playin at vegas
Old 09-08-2004, 08:42 PM #69
shotgun

has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally posted by plpntbll
yah i didnt want to be mean but hes right, a moment be be better spent for the troops at war and for the kids that died at that russian school.
Noob who cares abou tsome little russian bass turds KILL THEM ALL. Like if russian legion does it cool ill keep a straight face but come on quit bieng so damn insensitive O MY GOD IT WAS 3 YEARS AGO WE SHOULDNT REMEMBER IT BECAUSE IT WAS 3 YEARS AGO listen to yourself foo.

Dont reply to me because i wont see it. But if you pm me or something ill come to your house and cyclops you, then ill pull out my peter pouch and smack some sense into you. Cant touch this derr nerr nerr nerr nerr nerr nerr nerr cant touch this

STOP

Hammer Time
Old 09-08-2004, 09:00 PM #70
runthru13

^^roflmao........damn thatz ****in crazy
Old 09-08-2004, 09:34 PM #71
z dan

heres what i got to say, **** 9/11, play paintball
Old 09-08-2004, 10:11 PM #72
empiretimmy53

^^^^^ **** u...there should be a moment of silence, there its settled...just let this thread die i think everone has stated their oppinion
Old 09-08-2004, 10:24 PM #73
chibissj

Quote:
Originally posted by JerZeys Finest
i dont understand why u have such a issue with a 30second moment of silence before we start playin at vegas
Nothing, with the reason behind it, but it deals with the politics of it.

This thread is over, I'm not going to bother to try to explain my point, people aren't even being rational anymore, or even keeping it diplomatic, Jerseyz you've done a fairly good job of being civil, but there's much to many kids who don't truely understand the depths of this conversation.
Old 09-09-2004, 12:21 AM #74
O_o

Quote:
Originally posted by chibissj
Also they DON'T sing the Anthem before the first game of paintball tournies, hate to tell you. Nice try though.
I recall it being sang at Huntington Beach '03, don't know about the rest of the tournies.

And I agree, there should be a form of respect during the upcomming tourney. The thought of the event is still fresh in our minds and has affected millions of us. Pearl Harbor maybe not since most of us weren't alive back then, but we still pay our respects in our minds.
Old 09-09-2004, 12:34 AM #75
runthru13

chibissj
please explain ur "politics" of remeberance and maybe we won't say ur just a whiney lil *****. i'm far from diplomatic, but if u've a point to make then ****in make it already, don't sit there and say u do but give us nothing......
Old 09-09-2004, 01:10 AM #76
SINIST3R_JD

for sure
Old 09-09-2004, 01:15 AM #77
PB Clerk

Quote:
Originally posted by alltheshway
There should be a moment of silence I agree...

But 9/11 is NOT the reason we're still in Iraq. Sorry to bust your bubble.

I think if a moment of silence is paid, it should be for the people lost in 9/11...the workers, the firefighters, law enforement...everyone.

But the war and the people lost because of it are a different subject and should not be related to this day. However, if asked to share a moment of silence for these people too...I think everyone would agree that since we were on the subject itd be a good thing, especially since people are STILL dieing...for who knows what reason anymore *cough*bush*cough*.
Well Put!

I agree with the moment of silence too.
Old 09-09-2004, 03:17 AM #78
gacoastie61

chibissj,
i read all of your posts and two things struck me you are someone who really doesnt GET IT, first you said doing this remembrance thing is getting "redundant". Secondly what good is it to keep "it alive". Let me respond in what I hope you think is an intelligent manner. Let say a friend, no, make that aclose friend since kindergarten were to die needlessly by someone elses hand. That day for you becomes a day that you hold close to your heart for the rest of your life. For many 1000's of Americans who lost family and frineds ,that day is Sept. 11. Heck I'm a cop and even though I'm from GA. and personally didnt know anyone that died, believe me it still sends chills down my spine that those freaking militants did that. Remembering and keeping it alive, is what will hopefully keep it from happening again.
Later,
Gacoastie61
Old 09-09-2004, 07:41 AM #79
MoNoFx
FSUU

MoNoFx is a founding member
 plays in the NXL
MoNoFx owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
MoNoFx owns a Planet Eclipse CS2
Quote:
Originally posted by Fugazi88
like pootie tang said SA-DA-TAY agreed
word dude ..........word

Old 09-09-2004, 07:50 AM #80
MoNoFx
FSUU

MoNoFx is a founding member
 plays in the NXL
MoNoFx owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
MoNoFx owns a Planet Eclipse CS2
This thread isn't closed yet dude. Im tired of people being stuck up butt holes. Its a day of rememberence. For all of those who died on in those planes, buildings and for the firefighters who put their lives on the line to save everyone in the twin towers.
If you have a problem with a day of rememberence GET THE F*** OUT OF AMERICA YOU WORTHLESS PILE OF STEAMY DOG CRAP.period.
Those men sacrificed themselves to save others and this is the thanks you have given them. 9/11 was a sad day for america. Have some respect.
my .02
if you didn't like my comments .........TOOO BAD

Last edited by MoNoFx : 09-09-2004 at 07:54 AM.
Old 09-09-2004, 08:42 AM #81
GrimStone
AKA Fan

GrimStone is a Supporting Member
With the attitudes of alot of americans these days, 9-11 will probably turn into a day of remebrance that is only recognized every 4 (election) years.
Old 09-09-2004, 09:16 AM #82
Dooley
"ITS on like DONKEY KONG"

im a firefighter and i deff. think they should have a momnent of silence for all the people who lost a life that day.
"HEART IS WHAT WINS TOURNAMENTS AND WE HAVE HEART" AF
Old 09-09-2004, 09:22 AM #83
*~Akurate~*
Rick Rodriguez

*~Akurate~* plays in the PSP
*~Akurate~* plays in the APPA D5 division
A moment of silence would be nice to show people that our sports holds much Respect...
Old 09-09-2004, 09:34 AM #84
tdbeez

chibissj and to all those that agree w/him--

Remebrance of a tragedy is key to a society. it pulls people together, in a sense of brotherhood, that would otherwise never connect. like you said, we remember everyday about 9/11, with all the news cast looking to place blame on someone--but also like you said, you are tired of listening to it because that is not the true spirit of remebrance. that is bitter name calling and finger pointing without the memory of individual sacrifice(people on the plane over Pennsylvania) and horrible terror that everyone involved suffered as a result of radical fundamentalist(?) Muslim terrorists. i understand where you are coming from about wanting to forget, but we can not allow ourselves that luxury lest we want a repeat. the only way to keep everyone safe is to keep that day as fresh in our minds as possible until there is no more threat.

and they have played the anthem at X-BALL matches. as well as a moment of silence at any sporting event or large gathering i have ever been to, or seen on TV, that was held on December the 7th. just my experience.
04 Gen 2 Freestyle NOX
09 ECLIPSE EGO -- Eclipse LV1
09 INVERT MINI, steel blue
Automag -- 98 Autococker
Piranha EVO -- TRRACER pump