PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 11-16-2012, 12:18 PM #22
Iamamartianchurch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Space Pope View Post
You won't consider that genetic factors might effect the brain structure of an individuals, and that brain structure might effect the way they learn and retain information? Might these difference account for an education system effecting a person with a particular genetic background differently than another?

That really throws a wrench in the "Everyone's performance is great, you are special and just as good as anyone else and deserve the same things everyone else does" model our current society like to use.

Indeed.
Selective breeding (ie mating preference) as well as environmental pressure is said to account for variance yet somehow this is conveniently left out of the equation when dealing with variance in humans.

Knowledge is esoteric. There is no sense in advancing a student who is unwilling or unable to accept knowledge at any level.
Iamamartianchurch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 11-16-2012, 12:20 PM #23
EPAPressure
Jobs are for immigrants

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riley Coyote View Post
Can you name 2-3 major cities in the US that are made up of 90+% African Americans?
How about districts. Numbers must reflects the productivity of the blacks within said district.

-Said nobody, ever.

"Originally posted by drgonzo: That doesn't make sense, the people with the most interaction and dependence on government have the most significant stakes and should have the vote if anyone. People who reject government and do not use government services should be denied the vote if anything." ^^FAIL

"Originally posted by Rebeltilldeath3: When I think geocities I think ****ty tiled background and sparkly titles. Think of a minority's myspace page."
EPAPressure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 12:23 PM #24
Iamamartianchurch

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamest91 View Post
This wouldn't solve anything.... Kids who want to understand the material try hard enough to move on.

All this would do is give kids even more reason to just stop showing up to school. The whole "this is stupid" mentality, which is where gangs come in.
Trying is worth nothing. Do or do not. Go watch star wars again.

The second paragraph describes a cultural problem.
Old 11-16-2012, 12:23 PM #25
jamest91

jamest91 helped look for balloons
jamest91 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
jamest91 is for the Gunfight
jamest91 supports Sherwood Forest
Instead of looking for good black areas, why not just post stats on African American crime rates, jail inmate numbers, broken families, etc.?
Old 11-16-2012, 12:25 PM #26
jamest91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamamartianchurch View Post
Trying is worth nothing. Do or do not. Go watch star wars again.

The second paragraph describes a cultural problem.
Right. I'm saying kids who do...as u say... Try hard enough to be able to understand enough to move on.
Old 11-16-2012, 12:39 PM #27
Iamamartianchurch

Quote:
Right. I'm saying kids who do...as u say... Try hard enough to be able to understand enough to move on.
You haven't sufficiently explained why it won't work.
Old 11-16-2012, 12:54 PM #28
scienceguy

has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Animal_Mother View Post
Nope. Don't even act like you think our country would be worse off if all the blacks were sent back to Africa
So in real life, are you one of those proud racists or are you a cowardly one?

In other words, have you shared this view with your black neighbors and coworkers?
scienceguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 01:23 PM #29
jamest91

Quote:
You haven't sufficiently explained why it won't work.
Originally Posted by jamest91
This wouldn't solve anything.... Kids who want to understand the material try hard enough to move on.

All this would do is give kids even more reason to just stop showing up to school. The whole "this is stupid" mentality, which is where gangs come in.

Keeping a child in the same grade until they "finally understand the material" would simply show kids the reason why they shouldn't be in school and just drop out and join a gang or whatever they think they should do for a better life.

My point is that in most cases, the kids who want to learn the material and do well, already do move on.
Old 11-16-2012, 01:31 PM #30
Treghc

Treghc is a Supporting Member
Treghc is a founding member
Treghc is a Forum Captain
Quote:
Nope. Don't even act like you think our country would be worse off if all the blacks were sent back to Africa
You know that computer you used to type this message with? Well, you can thank this man for letting you do so...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mark_De...uter_scientist)

Or how about when someone suffers a severe injury and needs blood? Thanks to Charles Richard Drew, we have a place where we store blood for those in need.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charles_R._Drew

Gas masks were invented by a black person. (Garrett Morgan)

The mailbox was invented by a black person. (Philip B. Downing)

The traffic signal (traffic lights) was first patented by a black person. (Garrett Morgan again)

I mean... come on now...

Tarsier Slave

We are Sapien
Treghc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 01:34 PM #31
jamest91

gunpowder was invented by the chinese
Old 11-16-2012, 01:37 PM #32
Animal_Mother (Banned)

Quote:
Originally Posted by scienceguy View Post
So in real life, are you one of those proud racists or are you a cowardly one?

In other words, have you shared this view with your black neighbors and coworkers?
I don't have any black neighbors and my place of work doesn't have many blacks so I don't talk to them there either. Other than that, everyone who knows me knows that I prefer the company of white people and that I really don't care for black people as a whole. I don't like Middle Eastern ****ers either, but I actually get along very well with Mexicans.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treghc View Post
You know that computer you used to type this message with? Well, you can thank this man for letting you do so...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mark_De...uter_scientist)

Or how about when someone suffers a severe injury and needs blood? Thanks to Charles Richard Drew, we have a place where we store blood for those in need.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charles_R._Drew

Gas masks were invented by a black person. (Garrett Morgan)

The mailbox was invented by a black person. (Philip B. Downing)

The traffic signal (traffic lights) was first patented by a black person. (Garrett Morgan again)

I mean... come on now...
I am 100% certain that whites would have figured out all that **** anyway. The fact that there have been a few decent ones throughout history doesn't negate how worthless they are now.
Animal_Mother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 01:40 PM #33
Iamamartianchurch

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamest91

Keeping a child in the same grade until they "finally understand the material" would simply show kids the reason why they shouldn't be in school and just drop out and join a gang or whatever they think they should do for a better life.

My point is that in most cases, the kids who want to learn the material and do well, already do move on.
The point of education is -ah- to educate. You are doing a disservice to that end by shoving students through the system who aren't becoming educated.

The school system does not exist to babysit. Nor does it exist to keep children and adults out of gangs. Education does not make good citizens and it does not enforce good character. That is a job for culture. Culture is what influences students outside the classroom walls. If you want to tackle the gang problem, you go after the rotten culture. If you cannot accept this, I cannot continue this conversation.

Last edited by Iamamartianchurch : 11-16-2012 at 01:46 PM.
Old 11-16-2012, 02:00 PM #34
Treghc

Treghc is a Supporting Member
Treghc is a founding member
Treghc is a Forum Captain
Quote:
I am 100% certain that whites would have figured out all that **** anyway. The fact that there have been a few decent ones throughout history doesn't negate how worthless they are now.
What a stupid, pathetic point to make. Yeah, we would've gotten there eventually. Eventually, Nigeria will have fusion power plants and lasers that can destroy entire planets. What matters is that we got it sooner rather than later.

Tarsier Slave

We are Sapien
Treghc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 02:02 PM #35
Animal_Mother (Banned)

Oh, thank God for the mailbox. How could we have gotten by without it?
Animal_Mother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 02:04 PM #36
jamest91

Quote:
The school system does not exist to babysit. Nor does it exist to keep children and adults out of gangs. Education does not make good citizens and it does not enforce good character. That is a job for culture. Culture is what influences students outside the classroom walls. If you want to tackle the gang problem, you go after the rotten culture. If you cannot accept this, I cannot continue this conversation.
Which brings us back to our initial topic of getting rid of African Americans lol. we should get rid of Latinos too though while we are at it.

So basically what you are saying is to stop blaming our schools and start blaming the cultures of those dropping out or performing badly in school? If this is the case we need to start blaming and rid the US of all cultures except those consisting of Caucasian and Asian backgrounds. Although, on the bright side, if this did occur, the unemployment rate within this country would drop to almost zero.

Last edited by jamest91 : 11-16-2012 at 02:08 PM.
jamest91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 02:23 PM #37
Iamamartianchurch

Quote:
Which brings us back to our initial topic of getting rid of African Americans lol. we should get rid of Latinos too though while we are at it.

So basically what you are saying is to stop blaming our schools and start blaming the cultures of those dropping out or performing badly in school? If this is the case we need to start blaming and rid the US of all cultures except those consisting of Caucasian and Asian backgrounds. Although, on the bright side, if this did occur, the unemployment rate within this country would drop to almost zero.
Reform not remove. By my account, the original topic was about lowering the standard for blacks/Latinos which is foolish for pragmatic reasons not moral reasons. Though the article seems too quick to jump on the morality of it.
Old 11-16-2012, 02:32 PM #38
Legatus
Sovereign

Quote:
Reform not remove.
How?
Legatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 02:38 PM #39
Iamamartianchurch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legatus View Post
How?
Excellent question. As a white man, I am unfit to comment about any other culture but my own. I can tell you what I would do if I was given authority.
Old 11-16-2012, 02:39 PM #40
tsbalr120
Goooonsberry

tsbalr120 plays in the MiLP
tsbalr120 is an NCPA player
tsbalr120 is Legendary
This thread bring the lols.
Old 11-16-2012, 02:45 PM #41
jamest91

And how do you plan to reform a majority of the minority populations?
Old 11-16-2012, 02:55 PM #42
licence2kill
POOP

Quote:
And how do you plan to reform a majority of the minority populations?
I don't.
licence2kill is offline   Reply With Quote