Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 10-21-2012, 01:16 AM #1
jahada510

trying to find a thread.

ok im new to angel markers. ive been doing some research. i finally found a thread where someone talked about the internal differences between the marker. my laptop died now i cant find it. can someone help me find the thread. im trying to find the differences between the 06 speed, the gat, and g7, g7 fly, im trying to find operating pressures, ups, and designs thanks
jahada510 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 10-21-2012, 04:40 AM #2
dr.strangelove
The Angel Eye Doctor

has been a member for 10 years
If you click on the Ultimate Sticky and scroll down, the 3rd or 4th post is a brief description of the differences from generation to generation of Angel. The reason you probably aren't finding much by way of comparison between those 4 guns is because they are all mechanically identical. The main differences are:

The G7 uses old Angel barrel threads, where the G7 Fly introduced an updated barrel thread that is shorter and finer. The G7 Fly also dropped one of the vernier adjustment wheels, using a set screw for the forward travel and forward magnetic tension adjustment. Other than that, the differences are cosmetic - the Fly features a different milling pattern and anodizing colors.

The 06 Speed is a G7 Fly that features a stripped down LED board that uses a standard 9 volt batter instead of the LCD board and internal rechargeable battery of the G7 Fly. Also features a different milling pattern.

The Gat is an 06 Speed that was customized by CheckIt products and the Master Techs to include a color-matching CheckIt feedneck and ASA, Dye Ultralight barrel, and special milling/anodizing.

Internally, all 4 models are exactly identical.
dr.strangelove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 05:15 AM #3
jahada510

i really appreciate it. so all would operate at the same pressures and shoot the same? it basically comes down to whichone i think looks the best?
Old 10-21-2012, 05:50 AM #4
dr.strangelove
The Angel Eye Doctor

The Flys and I believe the 06 Speeds included the MT valve by default, which gives improved efficiency over the stock valve, but that aside, yes. Same working pressures, they will all shoot more or less the same.
Old 10-22-2012, 05:34 AM #5
jahada510

ok interesting. i personally like the look of the g7 fly, but the gat is lighter. the gat and 06 speed came out after g7/fly? just read how parts are hard to come by.

Last edited by jahada510 : 10-22-2012 at 05:56 AM.
Old 10-22-2012, 05:58 AM #6
dr.strangelove
The Angel Eye Doctor

Correct - the 06 Speed came out after the G7 Fly. Parts are indeed getting a little harder to come by as time goes on.
Old 10-28-2012, 04:11 PM #7
jahada510

thanks for the help guys. now after seeing the a1 fly im leaning more towards that now.
Old 11-07-2012, 10:04 AM #8
sledneckforlife
EastCoastAngel

Quote:
Originally Posted by jahada510
thanks for the help guys. now after seeing the a1 fly im leaning more towards that now.
Shot a a1 fly this past Friday cause my Sb mini reg piston lost its seal- shooting 426++ fps - that a1 fly shot mint. Love the platform.

For all your angel repair needs

978-530-6747
sledneckforlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 06:37 AM #9
sleepykat
Tim

All Gats had the MT Valve. At least the 14 I have owned over the years all did
sleepykat is offline   Reply With Quote