Community Focus
Community Focus

View Poll Results: Pinokio speed or rotor
Dye Rotor v3 14 56.00%
Pinokio Speed 11 44.00%
Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-16-2014, 07:25 PM #22
Pbtalk

How light exactly is the Speed? Anyone weighed it yet?
Pbtalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 04-16-2014, 07:52 PM #23
PaintballofOKC

Ball tension helps to keep the ball in the breech from bouncing and clipping the top of the ball off. Its not how fast it loads but how it loads.

I think its 15 oz or 15.8 oz its fairly light.
PaintballofOKC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 09:24 PM #24
DRAXX
www.muddhillspaintball.tk

Quote:
Originally Posted by got wake? View Post
My Z2 only holds 172 balls. My speed holds 177. The Z2 is overly complicated for most and it's a pain to put back together properly.

The only thing about the speed that I don't like is the angle of the opening. It takes a little getting used to. I'll take it over a Rotor any day, though.
Well said.

I main my speed over all my other hoppers - simply because it's 99% problem free. The only time it's ever jammed on me is when the heat from outside started making my paintballs stick together which is something that no anti-jam will fix.

It also balances out your marker, and it's way easier to see from behind it because of it's slimmer profile.

BUT: If you've had a problem outshooting your hoppers before, you may want to look into something else.
Old 04-16-2014, 09:53 PM #25
Pbtalk

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRAXX View Post
Well said.

I main my speed over all my other hoppers - simply because it's 99% problem free. The only time it's ever jammed on me is when the heat from outside started making my paintballs stick together which is something that no anti-jam will fix.

It also balances out your marker, and it's way easier to see from behind it because of it's slimmer profile.

BUT: If you've had a problem outshooting your hoppers before, you may want to look into something else.
What do you mean by outshoot? Did it have trouble keeping up with your marker?
Pbtalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 10:44 PM #26
Person

Person is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Its fast enough for all of the tournament ramping modes, but it isn't as fast as a Z2 or Rotor.

There is a comparison with the speed around the hopper forum somewhere. It is way lighter than the rotor and meaningfully lighter than the prophecy and the spire.
Person is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 12:02 AM #27
C@mM!

C@mM! supports Ninja Paintball
Used a Pinokio P250 for about two years, never jammed, almost never broke balls inside the hopper, and was simply amazing.

That being said, moved to the spire (and not sorry for doing it as well), to the point that we are sponsored by Virtue these days. Profile is better, and arguably smoother on paint. Sad to hear you had feeding problems - using quality AA's and changing them regularly I've found is key to using a Spire however.
C@mM! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 10:15 AM #28
got wake?

got wake? supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRAXX View Post
Well said. I main my speed over all my other hoppers - simply because it's 99% problem free. The only time it's ever jammed on me is when the heat from outside started making my paintballs stick together which is something that no anti-jam will fix. It also balances out your marker, and it's way easier to see from behind it because of it's slimmer profile. BUT: If you've had a problem outshooting your hoppers before, you may want to look into something else.

What a lot of people don't realize is with the Speed sitting further forward and the angle of the back/bottom, it gives you a larger field of view. Until someone uses one, it's hard to visualize how that helps, but when looking for a stream of paint while aiming, it does help.
got wake? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 10:02 PM #29
paintball_fanatic123

paintball_fanatic123 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
I outshoot most hoppers that cap around 20bps, but my speed keeps up perfectly. It feeds almost as quick as a rotor but is much lighter, and impossible to jam. I would definitely say pick one up, you won't be sorry!

Looking to buy quality used gear!
https://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...2#post95702842
paintball_fanatic123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 11:04 PM #30
bag681
Howdy damnit!

bag681 has been published on the PbNation Youtube Channel
speed. Lighter. plenty fast. lower. pinokio>dye. Holds 173 paintballs I COUNTED