PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 12-14-2010, 01:35 AM #106
madzozs
Resident Pollack

has been a member for 10 years
It is marketed as a "tactical" marker, but it could be used as a speedball gun. If you wanted something specifically for speedball, and wanted a macdev, then you can go for any of the borgs, or a droid. You will find them used in the b/s/t for under $500 most likely.

Buy my crap
madzozs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 12-14-2010, 08:55 AM #107
PMC Unknown
E-14 Zealot

Well, I don't have much experience with this marker, but I can try to help.

For me, I don't really look at woodsball or speedball as having certain types of markers; aesthetically, yes, as speedballers' markers are usually colorful and emphasis is on anodizing and stickers (on hoppers, etc.) whereas woodsballers place emphasis on concealment, milsim mods, etc. I played for years with an A-5 that I spent nearly $1,000 to bring it up to the competitive level of "space guns" so that when I encountered them in the field I could keep up with them. But no matter what I did, my sweet-looking blow-back A-5 could not outshoot those youngsters with the Mini's.

So I first went with the Smart Parts SP-1 as my first electro-pneumatic marker and it changed my game radically. First, I was not carrying around a bulky heavy marker - carrying 10 lbs. of marker for an 8 to 10 hour scenario game WILL tire you out. Second, the efficiency on air, snappiness of shot, and overall performance for an electro-pneumatic will always far exceed those of a mech blow back, etc. (which is what I am assuming you are shooting).

The MacDev Tactical Drone possesses a similar drivetrain to that of the Droid - which is a marker that is making it huge on the speedball scene - but is tailored cosmetically for woodsballers. That's it. I know most woodsballers won't touch this kind of marker because it cannot fit an air-thru mag on it or whatever, but when running around in the bush, this this the marker you want or what the majority of those guys out there shoot.
Old 12-14-2010, 09:03 AM #108
CraigofScotland
Scottish Warrior

Woodsball in the UK must be almost 50/50 tourny/milsim markers . . the tac drone is definatly finding a nice little market over here.

Especially when we are shooting macdev, other scenario teams see how great they are.

UK Scenario Team of the year 2010 are proud to shoot Clones and drones

UK Scenario Team of the Year!!
CraigofScotland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 11:09 AM #109
Boomer14

I've used just about everything in woodsball. They all work fine- cyborgs, droids clones, it doesn't matter. I've also used the Tactical Drone in speedball, and it kicks butt over most everything out there for that too. In the woodsball and big game crowd, it will turn heads when everyone else is using plastic TM7s, heavy X7s, and any of their knockoffs. I don't know of any other marker marketed specifically to woodsballers that can do what the Tactical Drone does. It is light, I can get over 27bps with mine when I want to, shoot through 15 pods I carry and still have air left, and still mount a rocket launcher on it during big games. Mine now has almost 60 cases through it in the last 18 months and has never shot better.

Last edited by Boomer14 : 12-14-2010 at 11:11 AM.
Boomer14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 01:23 PM #110
PMC Unknown
E-14 Zealot

I'm hoping that by posting in this thread it awakens all the Irregulators back into it to give me some advice. Or if someone has any other advice I'd appreciate it.

I recently upgraded my Tactical Drone with a DX drive. What custom board settings would you suggest? NOTE: I am not playing in cold weather and am fed by a QLoader.

Suggestions?