PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

ReplyRegional Ups

Old 02-25-2013, 06:46 PM #1
Ko94

New to paintball

I just started playing paintball and I am having hard time getting my friends to play because they just don't like playing paintball too much. I am hoping to play on weekly bases and I am wondering if any of you guys play in American Paintball coliseum (indoor/outdoor) or dynamic paintball. It feel quite awkward sitting in the paintball field waiting for people to show up so I am hoping to find some people to play with on regular bases. Please let me know if you are interested in playing in previously mentioned paintball fields.
Ko94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 02-25-2013, 08:36 PM #2
madmike19
Mile High Saints Open #9

plays in the NXL
madmike19 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
madmike19 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
madmike19 supports Team VICIOUS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ko94 View Post
I just started playing paintball and I am having hard time getting my friends to play because they just don't like playing paintball too much. I am hoping to play on weekly bases and I am wondering if any of you guys play in American Paintball coliseum (indoor/outdoor) or dynamic paintball. It feel quite awkward sitting in the paintball field waiting for people to show up so I am hoping to find some people to play with on regular bases. Please let me know if you are interested in playing in previously mentioned paintball fields.
Hey buddy, are you getting into speedball or scenario? Sounds like you need to be hitting up the places at the RIGHT time! Sunday is kind of the day to go in Colorado and most of the US, but we do have a Thursday night practice in the winter at APC due to weather and time for everyone. This week, I personally want to attend APC Thursday if its happening, and Blitz is supposed to open their airball field on Sunday! Dynamic's field, to my understanding at this point is all scenario.

Let me know if I can help you network in the community!
Ballin' in the 303 baby!!! MHS Open #9
DARK Vampire SL94
madmike19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 10:03 PM #3
neversummer89

neversummer89 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Quote:
Originally Posted by madmike19 View Post

Let me know if I can help you network in the community!
You are a gentleman Dempsey
avdentes fortvna ivvat
neversummer89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 11:42 PM #4
Ko94

I have only played paintball for a few times and got a GOG G1 just because it looked cool but now I'm kind of regretting getting regretting getting that gun. I have never played speedball but I am very interested in it. I'll get whatever I need to start playing speedball as soon as I find people to play with on regular bases. Thanks a lot for the advise!
Old 02-26-2013, 10:34 AM #5
neversummer89

neversummer89 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Quote:
I have only played paintball for a few times and got a GOG G1 just because it looked cool but now I'm kind of regretting getting regretting getting that gun. I have never played speedball but I am very interested in it. I'll get whatever I need to start playing speedball as soon as I find people to play with on regular bases. Thanks a lot for the advise!
Depending on where you live you can definitely find people to play speedball with. I'd like to hear some other people's opinions too, but here is my 2 cents:

1) If you want a good speedball marker, you get what you pay for. You can scrounge up a good EGO 09 or 10 on PBnation for under $450 easy. Anything EGO is going to be reliable and way better than your GoG.

2) Depending on where you live you can definitely find people to play with. In Colorado Springs there is Allstar, Denver has Total Adrenaline, and APC. North of Denver we got Blitz. During the summer people play all over the place! Sundays at Blitz have pretty good turnouts in general, but based on proximity, you'll likely find what you're looking for at any of these locations.

3) Seeing as you're seriously interested in playing some some speedball, your best bet is to try and join a rookie or novice team. There are a bunch of them throughout the state that are recruiting, and it's by far the best way to have fun, play a lot, and get better.

Hope that helps. Last bit of advice: invest in a decent mask. A common rookie mistake is to spend their purse on playing apparel and get a crappy mask. Being able to see is crucial
avdentes fortvna ivvat

Last edited by neversummer89 : 02-26-2013 at 10:42 AM.
neversummer89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 10:01 PM #6
Ko94

Thanks for the advice! Yeah the gog.... it looked cool and I never bought a paintball gun before and yeah.... it's given me some problems already. I'm looking at Etha or Etek 4 now but I need to look for a way to get rid of my g1 too. I have a decent mask and it hasn't fogged up on me yet.
Old 02-26-2013, 10:47 PM #7
Killa_01

Killa_01 plays in the PSP
 plays in the NXL
Killa_01 plays in the APPA D4 division
Killa_01 supports Empire
Idk if this helps but i know dynamic is building a brand new rookie team. No experience required. I think its this weekend. Call the store and they will give you more info if you want Buddy

S on B's

Free Agent Militia Since '13
Killa_01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 10:48 PM #8
Killa_01

Killa_01 plays in the PSP
 plays in the NXL
Killa_01 plays in the APPA D4 division
Killa_01 supports Empire
I ment they're having tryouts this weekend lol. Not sure though

S on B's

Free Agent Militia Since '13
Killa_01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 12:35 PM #9
Ko94

I heard about that I don't think I'll be able to do it. On Saturday I have my ROTC drill till 6pm and I am assuming I'll be sore as hell the next day so I won't perform too well. I kind of hurt my knee and am on profile now so I shouldn't be running around now. I guess I'll just show up to fields on weekends and see where that takes me. I am very interested in playing speedball/airball after I get off profile though. Thanks for the info!!
Old 02-27-2013, 12:52 PM #10
pballerfolife21
Livin Luxeurious

pballerfolife21 posts videos on PbNation
pballerfolife21 is Legendary
pballerfolife21 supports DLX Technology
Quote:
I heard about that I don't think I'll be able to do it. On Saturday I have my ROTC drill till 6pm and I am assuming I'll be sore as hell the next day so I won't perform too well. I kind of hurt my knee and am on profile now so I shouldn't be running around now. I guess I'll just show up to fields on weekends and see where that takes me. I am very interested in playing speedball/airball after I get off profile though. Thanks for the info!!
Look into APC rookie team they are having tryouts on march 10th
Mile High Saints #21
pballerfolife21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 09:17 PM #11
thamaddahatta

plays in the NXL
thamaddahatta is playing at Living Legends Dreaded
thamaddahatta has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by pballerfolife21 View Post
Look into APC rookie team they are having tryouts on march 10th
Yessir its goin to be a great time . if you have heart and willing to learn as well and a good head on your shoulders come try out . ask for E or Zee or Dan. see you out there.
thamaddahatta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 10:40 AM #12
jerbarela88

jerbarela88 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
jerbarela88 plays in the APPA beginner division
Quote:
Originally Posted by neversummer89 View Post
Depending on where you live you can definitely find people to play speedball with. I'd like to hear some other people's opinions too, but here is my 2 cents:

1) If you want a good speedball marker, you get what you pay for. You can scrounge up a good EGO 09 or 10 on PBnation for under $450 easy. Anything EGO is going to be reliable and way better than your GoG.

2) Depending on where you live you can definitely find people to play with. In Colorado Springs there is Allstar, Denver has Total Adrenaline, and APC. North of Denver we got Blitz. During the summer people play all over the place! Sundays at Blitz have pretty good turnouts in general, but based on proximity, you'll likely find what you're looking for at any of these locations.

3) Seeing as you're seriously interested in playing some some speedball, your best bet is to try and join a rookie or novice team. There are a bunch of them throughout the state that are recruiting, and it's by far the best way to have fun, play a lot, and get better.

Hope that helps. Last bit of advice: invest in a decent mask. A common rookie mistake is to spend their purse on playing apparel and get a crappy mask. Being able to see is crucial
I can't agree more but I would say just do your research into the gun you are looking for and make sure they make at least OEM parts for the gun. Made that mistake with my PM6 but now I did my research before picking up my Etek 3. and the mask thing... BIG BIG DEAL to find a good mask. Function and comfort are big. Good range of sight is a must along with ability to hear and be heard. Gun and mask are more important than anything else starting out. The rest can come later
jerbarela88 is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyRegional Ups