Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 10-12-2012, 09:17 PM #22
Freedy500

Freedy500 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
name drop: Zak vetter. and how reliable are ions? i never pay attention to anything but mags and the top 3 electros like luxe,DM etc..

Last edited by Freedy500 : 10-12-2012 at 09:20 PM.
Freedy500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 10-12-2012, 11:49 PM #23
Tempted (Banned)

Ions are far more reliable than their reputations would indicate. The problem with them is the demographic of players they are typically owned by, younger ballers without a ton of money. What this means is they don't have a grand to drop on a gun so they spend what they have on an Ion. Then when it needs service, they don't have the money to send it in so they attempt to repair it themselves. Because of how the solenoid is attached, many times the hoses are torn while being disassembled by someone unaware. Now its leaking, won't fire and isn't worth $50 so they toss it and buy something "better" like a Mini.

I don't like Ions at all and I pretty much exclusively shoot mech Mags and pumps but I recognize that while they may be the most reliable marker, they aren't the fastest or most consistent.
Tempted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 11:56 PM #24
DMex
AKA: Ando

Come to tunaball and be amazed Temp.
Old 10-13-2012, 12:21 AM #25
Tempted (Banned)

Pneumags and EP Mags don't count!
Old 10-13-2012, 02:41 AM #26
Dark Side
You will know the power

Dark Side is playing at Living Legends X
Dark Side owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Dark Side owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Dark Side supports Pev's Paintball
Dark Side supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempted View Post
Pneumags and EP Mags don't count!
Nope, but a sweetspotted RT does. I'll take your bet.
Dark Side is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 08:57 AM #27
Freedy500

I followed Z-mans guide to mod my gun and now I am able to go 30+ bps. And control it. http://www.zakvetter.com/paintball_videos/34bps.mov
I still can't maintain my bps as long and easily as he does. I have done that before but it took a few pods to get a hang of. I bet he could get it going a bit higher if really tried but I mean that just shows a mech can keep pace. Most people around where I live act like my gun is a UFO since it doesn't have a hopper and shoots super fast. Then I tell them that it's a mech and they ask some questions that piss me off like "Is that a Tippman with an electronic trigger" all of them assume it is a Tippman. Most people at my field (besides the old school players) find it hard to believe that not every mech is a (like) Tippman. I enjoy showing the 10year olds that the minis their parents bought them aren't god guns by sweet spotting there bunker.

Last edited by Freedy500 : 10-13-2012 at 09:04 AM.
Freedy500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 11:09 AM #28
cfos00

has been a member for 10 years
Tempted, you're way, way off of the speed comparison. A well tuned RT with a level x and a SHP output reg isn't just faster than an Ion, it's a lot faster than an Ion and won't chop. With a high output tank reg and a tuned RT, you can put it speed-wise against any marker and it'll hold it's own without a problem. 30 bps isn't a reach, and they're limited by feeding capabilities, not mechanical limitations.
cfos00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 04:18 PM #29
Tempted (Banned)

Yes I know, I own a few RTs, but they aren't the norm when talking about Mags. They also aren't legal to use in any sanctioned event.
Old 10-13-2012, 09:33 PM #30
The Hellforger
Dark Horse

well it really all comes down to the cease and discease(SP?) letter they got from sp. SP may have went under but the gardener brothers still own the patent so in addition to the loss of sales from the letter AGD is also behind the game because they haven't made any up to date changes in 9 years

gun powder + PVC pipe + paintball = Hand grenade with a tiny paint splatter"
The Hellforger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 10:30 PM #31
Freedy500

thats the sad part hellforger. AGD hasnt made any recent expansions. but look at it from their perspective. They have probably if not most definitively made the largest and most significant advances in paintball. Not including a numerous amount. But the thing is for AGD is what is there to improve? Now the latest improvements they have made i guess is passing on there ingenuity to the players, like those creemags that renie made. or just the custom guns overall and being creative with markers.
Old 10-13-2012, 11:13 PM #32
The Hellforger
Dark Horse

There's no argument from me that they are great guns, I personally own 2. But there is ALWAYS room for improvement.

gun powder + PVC pipe + paintball = Hand grenade with a tiny paint splatter"
The Hellforger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 11:41 PM #33
DMex
AKA: Ando

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hellforger View Post
There's no argument from me that they are great guns, I personally own 2. But there is ALWAYS room for improvement.
Not when Tom R&D's

Last edited by DMex : 10-13-2012 at 11:45 PM.
DMex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 11:43 PM #34
Freedy500

true. You cannot argue with facts but look at overall improvements not just to a specific players needs. i am trying to think of benefits without sacrificing anything major and i can only see some basic materials changes, electros in production and some milling along with some more smaller expense products. such as some minor upgrade choices. the ULT is a perfect example.
Old 10-13-2012, 11:45 PM #35
Freedy500

and i thought tom kaye was out of AGD and is enjoying retirement. would love to see a comeback with a good design to keep is loyal followers favorite company going
Old 10-14-2012, 06:21 PM #36
Tempted (Banned)

I personally believe the RT Classic valve should make a reappearance in some electro Mags. That valve was the smallest and lightest with just as fast or faster rates to the X Valve. With its dimensions it could be packaged in an Axe or smaller sized marker at a competitive price(as long as AGD realizes they can't gouge anymore). But with a ULE Custom being the most advanced Mag offered new they can't compete with their prices. That marker can't be used in tournaments meaning only rec players will consider it, and how many rec players do you know of that spend $700 on a mech?
Old 10-14-2012, 07:42 PM #37
Jedihippie
My backpack's got jets

Jedihippie is a Paintball photographer
Jedihippie is playing at Living Legends VI
Jedihippie is playing at Living Legends VII
Jedihippie is playing at Living Legends VIII
Jedihippie is playing at Living Legends Dreaded
Jedihippie has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
the rt classic was ahead of its time... but flawed. thats why the rt pro had a different valve design that did the same thing, as did the emag.
"Reminds me of the kids that bolt on exhausts, wings and vinyl cutouts onto their rice mobiles and then hate on a ground up resto rodded 69 Camaro" -OPBN
"Due to the Berzerkers rep and knowledge of Mag awesomeness, the opposing team dropped their markers and are actually out of the frame curled up in fetal positions" -OPBN... Again
Jedihippie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 09:19 PM #38
Tempted (Banned)

Its only flaw was the level 7 and the banjo bolt. Otherwise its the same thing, just smaller.
Old 10-14-2012, 09:45 PM #39
Jedihippie
My backpack's got jets

Jedihippie is a Paintball photographer
Jedihippie is playing at Living Legends VI
Jedihippie is playing at Living Legends VII
Jedihippie is playing at Living Legends VIII
Jedihippie is playing at Living Legends Dreaded
Jedihippie has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
the way they work is identical but they had o-ring issues that the revised valves fixed. if you blindfolded me and put an rt and an rt pro in my hands and had me shoot them, couldnt tell the difference. they are the same, but one is more reliable
"Reminds me of the kids that bolt on exhausts, wings and vinyl cutouts onto their rice mobiles and then hate on a ground up resto rodded 69 Camaro" -OPBN
"Due to the Berzerkers rep and knowledge of Mag awesomeness, the opposing team dropped their markers and are actually out of the frame curled up in fetal positions" -OPBN... Again
Jedihippie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 10:28 PM #40
inmylife2415
SBPB

inmylife2415 supports DLX Technology
inmylife2415 supports Shocker RSX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempted View Post
That marker can't be used in tournaments meaning only rec players will consider it, and how many rec players do you know of that spend $700 on a mech?
I have a couple rec markers that are at the $700 mark..... My main tourney gun is only worth about 400-500. just depends how kinky you are and what your into I guess
inmylife2415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 11:07 PM #41
Tempted (Banned)

Right but you aren't a rec player, you are a tourney player who plays rec ball. Players like you are diehards and spend money on what they want.
Old 10-15-2012, 12:35 PM #42
inmylife2415
SBPB

inmylife2415 supports DLX Technology
inmylife2415 supports Shocker RSX
So only diehard tourney players buy ccm markers....that is their target market?
inmylife2415 is offline   Reply With Quote