PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 05-12-2013, 10:04 PM #1
Huricanedrew

Huricanedrew owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Huricanedrew has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
**Noob pump Player***

Hey Nation, so I had a few question about playing with a pump. I've never tried it before but I play a LOT of rec ball and especially at night. I figure pump would have its advantages at night because it's quieter and more compact I guess you could say. Anyways, my local PB shop has a Spyder Hammer 7 for sale and it's just over $100. I guess what I wanna know is how accurate/quiet/practical is it? I'm just looking for a super accurate marker mainly. Pump intrigues me and I've been interested in FS rounds too so it just seems to fit everything I'm looking for. Can anyone attest to how accurate/quiet it is?

SPYDER HAMMER 7 for sale
https://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=3980411
Huricanedrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 05-12-2013, 10:28 PM #2
gamefreak054
CCM T2 OWNER

gamefreak054 is playing at Living Legends V
gamefreak054 is playing at Living Legends VI
gamefreak054 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
gamefreak054 posts videos on PbNation
gamefreak054 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
gamefreak054 is attending Decay of Nations VI
gamefreak054 supports DLX Technology
Accuracy is the same across all markers EXCEPT for FS rounds. On a normal paintball its too hard to manipulate the mass of a paintball to get it to be more accurate over a certain marker w/ so and so barrel. FS rounds are much more accurate and not only that they travel much farther. Though you have to drastically adjust your play style because FS rounds are not cheap. I do not think hammer 7 are that quiet. I have not seen it in real life, but I have heard from some people it is a bit loud. Though when playing pump you hear pop......pop......pop compared to popopopopopopopopopoppop. I also do not know if the back end of the FS round changes the sound vs a standard paintball.

Practical? I do not know. I have been questioning this too, one thing I guess I could agree on is that it will be a drastically different play style. Your going to be playing a drastically more accurate round in exchange for less rounds and more $ per quantity. Though being able to shoot somebody accurately (not maximum range) from over 200 ft seems like a huge advantage. You will be shooting farther than an normal paintball accurately.
gamefreak054 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 10:23 AM #3
mister2driver
This is my PUMP BADGE

has been a member for 10 years
mister2driver plays in the PSP
 plays in the NXL
mister2driver supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huricanedrew View Post
Hey Nation, so I had a few question about playing with a pump. I've never tried it before but I play a LOT of rec ball and especially at night. I figure pump would have its advantages at night because it's quieter and more compact I guess you could say. Anyways, my local PB shop has a Spyder Hammer 7 for sale and it's just over $100. I guess what I wanna know is how accurate/quiet/practical is it? I'm just looking for a super accurate marker mainly. Pump intrigues me and I've been interested in FS rounds too so it just seems to fit everything I'm looking for. Can anyone attest to how accurate/quiet it is?
Where in Cali are you located??? I have no idea how Spyder Hammer 7 performs. If you haven't played with a pump marker yet, I suggest you try and ask someone to check out their gun. Most pump players will give you a chance to shoot it. This way you have feel for it.

Peace-

KAMANDAG Bang Out Games @ WARPED & AMBUSH

mister2driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 11:38 AM #4
Clone 2

I own a hammer 7.
Great gun. Shoot straight with or without FS rounds. Though Mine doesn't shoot above 260. I have a spyder spring kit available that I could easily Change it but am to lazy and since it's not broken and works great I'd rather not mess with it.

But I would defiantly say it's worth it.
Clone 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 01:48 PM #5
ScottyBeans
Professional NERD

I think all pumps would be at a disadvantage at night because you can't see as well, making "accuracy by volume" a more plausible strategy for scoring kills. There are also plenty of very quiet semis.

That said, the hammer is a sweet little shooter. Haven't tried FS rounds, so I'm no help there.
ScottyBeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 02:03 PM #6
ElJefe13

ElJefe13 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
ElJefe13 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
ElJefe13 supports Ninja Paintball
ElJefe13 supports Empire
FS rounds are awesome. I don't have any experience w/ a Hammer, but my Trracer w/ FS is do much more fun and accurate. Although I would also suggest a pistol or something light to use in CQB, when FS aren't practical.
ElJefe13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 03:01 PM #7
Huricanedrew

Quote:
Originally Posted by mister2driver View Post
Where in Cali are you located??? I have no idea how Spyder Hammer 7 performs. If you haven't played with a pump marker yet, I suggest you try and ask someone to check out their gun. Most pump players will give you a chance to shoot it. This way you have feel for it.
Peace-
I'm in Riverside County. I gotta see if the paintball shop will let me shoot it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clone 2 View Post
I own a hammer 7.
Great gun. Shoot straight with or without FS rounds. Though Mine doesn't shoot above 260. I have a spyder spring kit available that I could easily Change it but am to lazy and since it's not broken and works great I'd rather not mess with it.

But I would defiantly say it's worth it.
I've heard it shoots low. Is there a reason why? Its still pretty accurate even with the fps so low?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottyBeans View Post
I think all pumps would be at a disadvantage at night because you can't see as well, making "accuracy by volume" a more plausible strategy for scoring kills. There are also plenty of very quiet semis.

That said, the hammer is a sweet little shooter. Haven't tried FS rounds, so I'm no help there.
I use an axe with a dye up barrel and that's pretty quiet but I figure with the smaller size and a quiet pump I can get close enough at night for an accurate shot.

SPYDER HAMMER 7 for sale
Old 05-13-2013, 06:37 PM #8
TankJB64
pants in my party

TankJB64 owns a Planet Eclipse CS1
TankJB64 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
TankJB64 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
BRO! Dont do the spyder, spend mmm i believe an extra 40-60$ for an Empire Tracer. GREAT! Pump starter that will get you very far. Spyder isnt able to reach a standard velocity most fields play at.
TankJB64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 06:58 PM #9
ElJefe13

ElJefe13 supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by TankJB64 View Post
BRO! Dont do the spyder, spend mmm i believe an extra 40-60$ for an Empire Tracer. GREAT! Pump starter that will get you very far. Spyder isnt able to reach a standard velocity most fields play at.
Actually, they're the same price new, maybe $20-40 cheaper used. More customizable too, and has Autococker threading.
Old 05-13-2013, 11:47 PM #10
djtropiklfred

has been a member for 10 years
What part of riverside do you live? I live in mission grove. All I play is pump do if you have any questions about the area, let me know.
Old 05-14-2013, 12:37 AM #11
B3ARC1AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by TankJB64 View Post
I have to agree. The Trracer is definitely a much better choice at that price point. It's even cheaper than the Hammer 7 if you buy it used. The 10 round spring feed for the Trracer works better than the Hammer's magazines too. You also don't have to spend $25 for each one. And the Trracer has its feedneck offset so you can put a sight on the rails. And like mentioned already, you can actually get the gun to shoot at 280-290 fps like almost all fields play at.
Old 05-14-2013, 01:13 AM #12
gamefreak054
CCM T2 OWNER

If your not going to go for the mag fed though you might as well go for an Kaos Pump or a trilogy/ cocker pump. Those have a better pump stroke and often better features imo.
Old 05-14-2013, 10:45 AM #13
ElJefe13

ElJefe13 supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by gamefreak054 View Post
If your not going to go for the mag fed though you might as well go for an Kaos Pump or a trilogy/ cocker pump. Those have a better pump stroke and often better features imo.
Unless he wants to try FS. Which is awesome btw.
Old 05-14-2013, 05:37 PM #14
gamefreak054
CCM T2 OWNER

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElJefe13 View Post
Unless he wants to try FS. Which is awesome btw.
Yes which I was agreeing with. There was talk of buying a Trracer, I was just saying if your not going to buy a Hammer 7 out of the 2. You might as well go for an better upgrade.
Old 05-14-2013, 06:01 PM #15
Huricanedrew

I ended up picking up a Hammer 7 last night for $120 out the door brand new. I was mainly just looking to try out pump and FS rounds which is why this marker caught my eye in the first place. Not necessarily because if the "mag fed options". The only thing I don't like so far is that the feedneck is rightin the middle and it seems a pain to put on.

SPYDER HAMMER 7 for sale
Old 05-14-2013, 06:02 PM #16
Huricanedrew

Quote:
Originally Posted by djtropiklfred View Post
What part of riverside do you live? I live in mission grove. All I play is pump do if you have any questions about the area, let me know.

In Corona/Norco area is where I live. I usually go to SC.

SPYDER HAMMER 7 for sale
Old 05-14-2013, 10:36 PM #17
gamefreak054
CCM T2 OWNER

Quote:
I ended up picking up a Hammer 7 last night for $120 out the door brand new. I was mainly just looking to try out pump and FS rounds which is why this marker caught my eye in the first place. Not necessarily because if the "mag fed options". The only thing I don't like so far is that the feedneck is rightin the middle and it seems a pain to put on.
Well you kinda need the magfed option to use FS rounds....
Old 05-14-2013, 10:37 PM #18
anomuly
ERMEGERD

anomuly owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
anomuly has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
anomuly has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Pump is an amazing experience. I have an empire sniper and I love it. I do not like the hammer 7 because it has a very heavy stroke and it's very bulky. I would suggest trying someone's for a game and go from their.
Old 05-14-2013, 11:29 PM #19
Oldandsneaky
What's a 12ie?

Oldandsneaky has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Oldandsneaky supports Ninja Paintball
Quote:
Originally Posted by anomuly View Post
Pump is an amazing experience. I have an empire sniper and I love it. I do not like the hammer 7 because it has a very heavy stroke and it's very bulky. I would suggest trying someone's for a game and go from their.
Too late
"Some people feel the rain. Others just get wet." Bob Marley
Oldandsneaky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 12:33 AM #20
ElJefe13

ElJefe13 supports Empire
Quote:
Let us know hot you like it after a few games, and especially after you throw some FS through it.
Old 05-15-2013, 08:46 AM #21
Huricanedrew

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamefreak054 View Post
Well you kinda need the magfed option to use FS rounds....
Obviously...
I meant I didn't purchase it just to load paintballs into. I won't be using FS rounds all the time. At $0.40 a round I'd I'd rather go to the shooting range lol. But I will be using them sparingly.

SPYDER HAMMER 7 for sale