PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 02-17-2008, 10:39 AM #64
RopeSlinger82

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_kwa View Post
21.05 Spectator Interference. Spectators may be allowed to observe games and the activities on a field but may not :
(5) Team members and associates of the competing teams who interfere or communicate with the play of that game will immediately receive a penalty as if a player Played-On.

22.03 One-for-One. Assessment of the one-for-one penalty (the removal of the player committing the infraction and a teammate) may take place for the following infractions:
(4) Affiliated Spectator Interference. Spectator that is known to be affiliated with team or player on team provides strategic advice.

I just read the rule book...

These are the closest rules to justify what happened to Revelation yesterday. I don't think the refs. were affiliated with any team, so I'm guessing that these 2 rules don't apply.

And I didn't see anything about refs telling a player where the flag is...

So I’m still lost on the justification of how the final game went down, but I would LOVE for someone to explain it to me...
A ref did say where the flag was hung, and no the flag was not hidden.

16.04 Eliminated while Carrying Flag. A player eliminated while in possession of a flag will drop the flag where the hit took place and go directly to the dead box. The ref will then rehang the flag on the nearest parallel, unmanned bunker.

11.08 Referee Communications. Referees may only engage in rules related communications during games. Referees shall not: (1) through action or inaction, deliberately reveal or conceal the locations or actions of players during the course of a game or (2) impede the progress of any competition.
RopeSlinger82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 02-17-2008, 10:45 AM #65
1Paintballmama
Mom to a U.S. Airman

has been a member for 10 years
Ropeslinger, you forgot one of the rules in that area:

11.09 Bias. Referees shall perform their duties and shall make decisions in an unbiased manner. A Referee showing bias in a call, for or against any team, shall be removed as a Referee and will be subject to penalty as determined by the “Rules Committee”.
Old 02-17-2008, 10:48 AM #66
the_kwa
NC Hammer

well we never said the flag was hidden... so thats not the issue..

I asked my team member where the flag was, a ref responded and cost us the tourny...

maybe next event we won't have these silly poblems...
the_kwa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2008, 10:50 AM #67
RopeSlinger82

What thefatpaintballer14 does not realize do to his short sightedness is that the ACTS is actually very well known. It is featured in APG magazine, one of the most widely distributed and oldest paintball magazines alot through the year. The ACTS has never had any intention of being as big as the cfoa, psp, nppl. You can say that ref's mad bad calls or missed calls all you want. If you played paintball for any amount of time you would know that it happens in this sport. The fact is there are more eyes out side the net than inside the net. And as for UNDRPRVLGD arguing the call that the ref told the player where the flag was...THEY KNEW THE RULES!!! Anyone that knows me or my guys that ref'd with me know there is absolutly no bias and only want ballers to have fun and promote the sport in a positive way.
Old 02-17-2008, 10:50 AM #68
thefatpaintballer14
yuuhhhhh

Quote:
Originally Posted by RopeSlinger82 View Post
A ref did say where the flag was hung, and no the flag was not hidden.

16.04 Eliminated while Carrying Flag. A player eliminated while in possession of a flag will drop the flag where the hit took place and go directly to the dead box. The ref will then rehang the flag on the nearest parallel, unmanned bunker.

11.08 Referee Communications. Referees may only engage in rules related communications during games. Referees shall not: (1) through action or inaction, deliberately reveal or conceal the locations or actions of players during the course of a game or (2) impede the progress of any competition.
you act like it's revelations fault that the ref told them where the flag was.

The person that said "Where's the flag?" didn't say "Tell me where the flag is or I will blow up everyone here!" or anything to that aspect. They asked where was it...a ref spoke out...and hey, he hung the flag. He had NO effect on weither or not the ref told him where the flag was.

Ropeslinger- No. What YOU don't understand is the ONLY reason these ****ty excuse for a tournament is even MENTIONED in APG (also, may I add, is also a ****ty excuse for a paintball magazine) is because Bambi did or does still write for them. That is the ONLY reason that there is mention of this tournament series. 10 teams? Do you want to know how many teams signed up for CFOA xball? Just D3...take a guess...25..

So, before you start thinking that this tournament series is a huge *** thing that everyone on the east coast knows about, think again. This series is just some backyard, local tournament for ****s and giggles. Nothing more, nothing less...

And yes, bad calls happen every day in the sport of paintball. But they are NO WHERE as bad as what ACTS is. How many refs do CFOA's have? 2 per player on the field. That's 20 refs as apposed to your..what...7? on the field.

Lets just bring an example. One of our players got hit in the POCKET of his pants...looked down and NOTHING was there. Wanna know why? Because it was INSIDE OF THE POCKET!!!! How the HELL is he supposed to see inside of his pocket? Lets reflect...hmmmmm he can't. 1-for-1 shouldn't have been accessed and the game might have been changed because of it. We would have been in the finals, and none of the shenanigans would have EVER happened if your ****ty reffing would not have been a factor for us.
Firepipes Ember Box
Shado Vapor Shado Mod
Kennedy Comp-TOBH-Brass Tug/Prototype Captains Cap

Last edited by thefatpaintballer14 : 02-17-2008 at 10:57 AM.
thefatpaintballer14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2008, 10:53 AM #69
BigBobKwaz
Back to the lab again!

BigBobKwaz plays in the PSP
Player A from Revelation asked player B on revelation where the flag was. Before player B could respond, a ref answered the question and player A, who was closer to the flag, grabbed it and hung it. Player B never had a chance to respond to player A since the ref blurted the location out and because of a ref’s foolish mistake the hang was reversed. We'll never know if player B's response would have been enough to win the game because the ref answered for him and it cost us even though we had no relationship to the reffing staff whatsoever.

That's all I'm saying about this, see you at McCoy's.

Big Bob
Capt. Team Revelation

"I keeps it dirty" K. Broda
BigBobKwaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2008, 10:55 AM #70
RopeSlinger82

there was 1.2 seconds left when the flag was hung. The players on the field had no clue where the flag was until they were told and would not have found it in time. That is that teams fault for not paying attention. 1paintballmama were you there? and please tell me how we were bias.
Old 02-17-2008, 11:01 AM #71
RopeSlinger82

Revalation played an awesome game, and so did undrprvlgd unfourtunatly a ref made a mistake and for that i appologize. But it was not the first and will not be the last. I have nothing but respect for both teams and bob personally and wish the hang counted. Things are as they are and hope the next tourny goes as well as McCoys always does. See everyone out there.
Old 02-17-2008, 11:01 AM #72
1Paintballmama
Mom to a U.S. Airman

ropeslinger,

The ACTS has a history of the refs NOT PLACING THE FLAG BEFORE THE GAME STARTS. It happened to us last year at the event at Predator. Players in this area of NC know this history.

No matter what, the refs are not allowed to speak to a player during game play. You now see the result of an inexperienced ref.
Old 02-17-2008, 11:05 AM #73
RopeSlinger82

if you want to increase entry fees so that we can provide a traveling ref crew then talk to Bambi. Otherwise talk to head refs who are incharge of the field that provided the head refs last year. This year we have a traveling head ref, Pete, who will be the head ref for the 5-man Open all year.
Old 02-17-2008, 12:15 PM #74
shot in face
Put out or swim!

shot in face is a Professional paintball player
Quote:
Originally Posted by RopeSlinger82 View Post
What thefatpaintballer14 does not realize do to his short sightedness is that the ACTS is actually very well known. It is featured in APG magazine, one of the most widely distributed and oldest paintball magazines alot through the year. The ACTS has never had any intention of being as big as the cfoa, psp, nppl. You can say that ref's mad bad calls or missed calls all you want. If you played paintball for any amount of time you would know that it happens in this sport. The fact is there are more eyes out side the net than inside the net. And as for UNDRPRVLGD arguing the call that the ref told the player where the flag was...THEY KNEW THE RULES!!! Anyone that knows me or my guys that ref'd with me know there is absolutly no bias and only want ballers to have fun and promote the sport in a positive way.
well mabye they will have a section on how bad the refs were
ohh and by the way unprv.v2 pcs was a team we made up thursday night and nobody plays on the same team as each other
so you can keep talkin ur smack and playin ACTS but when ur ready to play real paintball come to a real tournament so you can see how bad you really are

Will Brown #92
shot in face is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2008, 01:15 PM #75
Wesleyj
Wesleyj here

Wesleyj plays in the PSP
Wesleyj helped look for balloons
Wesleyj plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by UNDRPRVLGD_V2 View Post
PCS or Rec Ball All Stars or whatever you clown shoes call yourselfs are a Joke and nothing more than punk *** kids with attitude's problems
Look, I have no problem with you, your team, or your fans. But don't talk down about people you do not know. The last game was for fun. They had fun. They had a chance to make finals because they were already 3-3 for the day but they could not afford/ didn't want to play the rest of the day. As far as "punk *** kids with attitudes", maybe Steve but no one else. You shouldn't consider all the kids retarded or stupid because the brain dead child came along and make a fool of himself.

As far as trying to field a player that was not rostered. PCS had no part in that so paintslinger get your facts straight. That was steve, who as previously mentioned is brain dead. He walked on the field while we were not paying attention to him.

Will-Gravity Kids (CFOA-Xball, PSP-xball)
Dave Kish- Mantis, hailstorm, Impalers, QCK (CFOA 5-man, Xball, PSP- XBall, NPPL 7man, EXP 7-man, GPL 5man)
Wilson- PCS, Hailstorm, Authority (Cfoa 5 man, GPL, CFOA-xball)
Dan- Extreme Image, Tippman factory, Off constantly (CFOA 5 man and xball)
I dunno who the other two people play for or played for, but you can not say the are scrubs or even lack skill. When these are the real underprivileged players that are ballin while trying to scrap enough cash to be able to drive to events and actually be able to afford to play and get back home. These are the guys that struggle to get to any event available no matter what they have to do, because they love the sport and they like being able to have fun and shoot people with their friends. So don't judge those you do not know.

And your sideline fans where talking just as much when ever the guy with the pump would shoot someone out. I mean, I guess its cool that he was playing with a pump, but every time he shoots someone you don't need 15 people going "WHOOOOOOOOO 1shot, WHOOOOOOOOOOO 1 shot, yeah get him etc etc."

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Paintballmama View Post
ropeslinger,

The ACTS has a history of the refs NOT PLACING THE FLAG BEFORE THE GAME STARTS. It happened to us last year at the event at Predator. Players in this area of NC know this history.

No matter what, the refs are not allowed to speak to a player during game play. You now see the result of an inexperienced ref.
This is true. Maybe you should have the refs that are going to participate in the tournament go to the CFOA ref certification clinic. You would learn a lot. I am not making fun of the refs but there were some stupid things that went on.

If you don't believe me, ask who has the best reffing staff out of the psp. Other than the pro refs a lot of people will agree that the CFOA refs that ref are the best.

Last edited by Wesleyj : 02-17-2008 at 01:25 PM.
Wesleyj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2008, 01:45 PM #76
UNDRPRVLGD_V2
UNDR Industries

UNDRPRVLGD_V2 works for a Paintball manufacturer
UNDRPRVLGD_V2 donated to help Peyton Trent
UNDRPRVLGD_V2 supports our troops
UNDRPRVLGD_V2 plays in the APPA D1 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by shot in face View Post
well mabye they will have a section on how bad the refs were
ohh and by the way unprv.v2 pcs was a team we made up thursday night and nobody plays on the same team as each other
so you can keep talkin ur smack and playin ACTS but when ur ready to play real paintball come to a real tournament so you can see how bad you really are
When ever you Clowns want to come to Sportman's Lodge and Play Were Waiting ...

And Im pretty Sure weve Beating you on Both Occasions We Have Matched up In a Tournament

UNDR Industries

-(UNDR)-

Last edited by UNDRPRVLGD_V2 : 02-17-2008 at 01:47 PM.
UNDRPRVLGD_V2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2008, 01:48 PM #77
Wesleyj
Wesleyj here

Wesleyj plays in the PSP
trash talk on the interwebz is super. They don't have a team. They are all friends that play paintball when ever they can... So unless there is a cheap tournament in Sportman's lodge, you better not get your hopes up.
Old 02-17-2008, 01:49 PM #78
thefatpaintballer14
yuuhhhhh

sportsmans isn't even a paintball field. It's NOTG without the cement...
Firepipes Ember Box
Shado Vapor Shado Mod

Old 02-17-2008, 01:56 PM #79
UNDRPRVLGD_V2
UNDR Industries

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wesleyj View Post
trash talk on the interwebz is super. They don't have a team. They are all friends that play paintball when ever they can... So unless there is a cheap tournament in Sportman's lodge, you better not get your hopes up.
I don't ... Ive seen all of them play and they show what type of players they are during tourney play and normal weekends ...

UNDR Industries

-(UNDR)-
Old 02-17-2008, 01:57 PM #80
UNDRPRVLGD_V2
UNDR Industries

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefatpaintballer14 View Post
sportsmans isn't even a paintball field. It's NOTG without the cement...
Yeah Funny cause in a couple of weeks it will be only Xball in Eastern Carolina

UNDR Industries

-(UNDR)-
Old 02-17-2008, 01:59 PM #81
Wesleyj
Wesleyj here

Wesleyj plays in the PSP
Quote:
Originally Posted by UNDRPRVLGD_V2 View Post
Yeah Funny cause in a couple of weeks it will be only Xball in Eastern Carolina
wait are you saying its the only xball field in eastern north carolina?
Or that eastern north carolina is only xball?
Old 02-17-2008, 02:02 PM #82
thefatpaintballer14
yuuhhhhh

McCoys has a xball field...Ummm even though it's in SC, GZ has a xball field, BR has a xball field...
Firepipes Ember Box
Shado Vapor Shado Mod

Old 02-17-2008, 02:03 PM #83
UNDRPRVLGD_V2
UNDR Industries

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wesleyj View Post
wait are you saying its the only xball field in eastern north carolina?
Or that eastern north carolina is only xball?
Yes we are clearing the grounds right now to put up a XBall Field ... They just dumped in more dirt and as long as the weather holds up it should be up before the end of the month ... They is already talk of the EPL coming to Sportman's Lodge Next year ...

UNDR Industries

-(UNDR)-
Old 02-17-2008, 02:03 PM #84
UNDRPRVLGD_V2
UNDR Industries

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefatpaintballer14 View Post
McCoys has a xball field...Ummm even though it's in SC, GZ has a xball field, BR has a xball field...
I said Eastern ... Learn to use a Map

UNDR Industries

-(UNDR)-