PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 04-08-2002, 06:46 PM #1
PBlaxer

has been a member for 10 years
Serious Question

Ok guys...I pose a serious question to you. I would like only serious informative responses please.

My dad is giving me the option of these two cars.

1999 (maybe 2000) Ford Mustang GT

or

1971 (or 1970) Pontiac Firebird Trans Am (with the 455 H.O)

Now I am stumped...being a high school student, insides are important to me as well. I like listening to the radio and I like the newer higher tech insides of the Mustang GT as opposed to the out dated 1971 interior.

But the Trans Am is SO COOl!!

I can't decide. Could you guys post what you would do and the Pro's and Con's of each...I want to know which one to get. I wish I could get both!!

Last edited by PBlaxer : 04-08-2002 at 06:52 PM.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 04-08-2002, 07:15 PM #2
PBlaxer

Old 04-08-2002, 07:18 PM #3
PBlaxer

Old 04-08-2002, 08:00 PM #4
ImTheRealCrazy

SON!

the Mustang GT...

if you are going for an older car, get a Camaro SS 396 from 1969.

Thats a muscle car.. make sure it has the TH 400..

-Ryan
Old 04-08-2002, 08:17 PM #5
CrashTestJimbo

As much as I like older cars, the GT would probably be better for you. On top of the things you already mentioned, it'll be major chick magnet. I'm not up to date on insurance prices for older cars, but my guess would be about the same.
Old 04-08-2002, 09:00 PM #6
PBlaxer

Yea...that's what I was thinking.

Now don't diss the trans am...that thing was a beast. I liked the 67-69 camaro...but then I like the 70-71 firebird trans am. They were essentially the same car...but they differed a little in body style.

I think I'm gonna go w/ the GT seeing as I'm going to use it as a daily driver. My Dad wants me to get the TA but that's cause he wants to drive it.

I can't see driving one of those things everyday...about 8 MPG on the highway.

I just can't help loving them though...
Old 04-08-2002, 09:06 PM #7
PRIOR

my cousin has a new mustang, and its a POS. ford has gone down the hill as far as quality is concerned. besides how can you argue with the 455? tell you dad to pay for the gas money.

chick magnet?? i guess thats why there are at least 20 mustangs at my school. dont you want to be original?
Old 04-08-2002, 09:15 PM #8
PBlaxer

Dah! I knew there would be someone to turn me to the other side again. I just can't decide. The mustang is newer, more high tech, less maintence, less gas... but the Trans am is so cool. Fast, loud, I don't know about the inside though. Expensive parts too.

Does the Mustang GT have a nice sound to it? I thought it does...but how about your opinions?
Old 04-08-2002, 11:12 PM #9
Spyder SKS

I personally havent liked the styling of mustangs since the 70s. Go for the trans am, and add in a nice system later.
Old 04-08-2002, 11:15 PM #10
c4onastick

NEITHER one is a sports car. DO NOT get the nice sedan (Mustang). The Firebird is a pimp ride, you'll pick up way more chicks in a Firebird than in a lousy mustang that you see fifty thousand of each day. (I wish my dad just gave me a car)
Old 04-09-2002, 01:36 AM #11
Pochebum

That transam is waaaaay kewler than that mustang. I swear the mustang has to be the most common car and the drivers are so cocky and annoying. Besides, American cars have gone to **** over the years, except for the ones aver 40 g's. And chick magnet...if you think that the mustang is the chick magnet, then you have competition with every 3rd car you see driving around. Transam dude all the way. I'd personally go a different car all together, but out of those, transam
Old 04-09-2002, 04:08 AM #12
xAskingForItx
2k1er n00btastic

xAskingForItx is a founding member
mustang....old cars like that are gonna be a constant burden as far as repairs and crap, too big too
Old 04-09-2002, 09:39 AM #13
RATM M98

Definately get the TransAm. Mustangs are pieces of ****.

If you want a really sweet car get an old school Mustang, like a 69 Shelb or something. Those kick serious booty.
Old 04-09-2002, 11:42 AM #14
innocross

Take the Trans-Am, not the Rustang. Within every 8 parking spaces you'll see a Mustang. Whether it's the mall, school, grocery store, they'll be everywhere. Get the Trans-Am and pimp it out. The guy across the street has one and he souped it up nicely. I have a 98 Trans-Am.
Old 04-09-2002, 08:47 PM #15
WakaWaka11

if u want modern interior buy a 96 ws6 (bird) and those look hella nice and u can easily make them fast, and those are deffinite chick magnets. TA or the mustang?? hmmmm i dont even know why u asked, the TA is 10x better in my opionion, faster,looks betters and has a 455, but its ure decision u should pick.
Old 04-09-2002, 11:25 PM #16
ilcad

Definetly go with the Trans Am! the new fords are more trouble than they are worth. you can go wrong with a classic hot rod! and there is so much to do. more original, definetly nicer nad "cooler" and as far as using it to get chicks...i am a chick and everyone has a new POS mustang. i would definetly go for the Trans Am. hey you might just get in the Superlatives just for having the nicest car on campus. although gas milage is a downer. you can add the stereo and other nifty technology advances to the trans am if you want to.
Old 04-09-2002, 11:31 PM #17
Spyder SKS

after my run in with an older 5.0 today, i can tell you those bad boys have some brakes. But I still say the trans am, becuase everybody and their cousin has a rustang (yes, even mine).
Old 04-09-2002, 11:44 PM #18
SecretAsianMan

Dude get the trans am. My brother has owned a new GT AND Cobra and they both blew fat ones... twice. Get the Trans Am and DO NOT "PIMP" IT OUT.

That's the most HOMOSEXUAL thing you can do with a classic muscle car.