Community Focus
Community Focus

Closed Thread

Old 06-29-2002, 12:37 PM #1
Asian-Assassin

has been a member for 10 years
BattleSwab Trick

K heres what I did yesterday at SC and it worked GREAT

on one side of the folding swab put proteam teflon barrel treatment on it and smear it in with your hands

on the other side put some water well enough so that its damp

now whenever your in between games on the field

put the side with the lube in first and move it around.If you have time let it sit a minute

then put the water side in and when you do the water side make sure you spin it around and get all the lube out

this really cleans your barrel alot better if you use a battle swab removing all the oily gunk some balls can leave in your barrel.

heres a pic of the stuff im talkin about
Attached Images
File Type: jpg mvc-006f.jpg (51.5 KB, 309 views)

MY FEEDBACK
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 06-29-2002, 01:11 PM #2
SCM

SCM is a founding member
Except that you have to dry the barrel now.

All I do is rince it off, when I have time. My field has a sink to watch your hands. Then I use my battle swap to dry it.
Old 06-29-2002, 03:43 PM #3
Asian-Assassin

no you done necesarily need to dry it just turn your gun over and dry fire a few time should be good worked for me

MY FEEDBACK
Old 06-29-2002, 05:46 PM #4
fuzz

fuzz is a Supporting Member
Great idea! Even better if you have an extra dry swab lying around to dry it off(most fields won't take to dry firing in the staging area kindly).

If you have 2 swabs, you could also have a 4-step complete treatment.
1-clean out paint
2-teflon treatment
3-water
4-dry

Thank you for sharing your ideas.

P.S. --- Don't listen to SCM, he's just a jerk.
Old 06-29-2002, 05:54 PM #5
Asian-Assassin

Wink

no prob Fuzz and your extra swab idea even better yeah dry firing aint that great but on speedball courses where I play you just wait your turn with no refs so you can just get and do it but with your way everyone can benefit

thanks for the thanks and hope I could help everyone

MY FEEDBACK
Old 06-29-2002, 08:27 PM #6
Mag Master 21
Residential Dyno Queen

Thats funny... Whats a battle swab*. I dont think i've ever used one before

*Check the sig to see what gun i have (the reason).
"You and I have the courage to say to our enemies there is a price we will not pay, there is a point beyond they must not advance.. You and I have a rendezvous with destiny, we'll preserve for our children, this the last best hope of man on earth or we'll sentence them to take the last step into a thousand years of darkness."
- Ronald Reagan
Old 06-29-2002, 08:50 PM #7
Asian-Assassin

mag master I dont get it?

MY FEEDBACK
Old 06-29-2002, 09:02 PM #8
Richy_C

So your Intimadator saves you from barrel breaks too...
Old 06-29-2002, 09:50 PM #9
SCM

SCM is a founding member
Are you saying that Timmy's are so inaccurate that it isn't worth cleaning the barrel? Sorry to inform you, but you need to clean your barrel out even if you never break a ball. Paintball have oil on them that gets in your barrel. If you are using RP advantage paint you don't need to clean it as often, but you still need to.

Also, all guns will break a ball. Unless you are using rock hard paintballs. If you use brittle paint there will be a ball that is a little too brittle, and it will break it. I break about 1 ball per 2 cases on paint with my angel.
Old 06-29-2002, 11:28 PM #10
Asian-Assassin

I dont think I put this thread up to give a reason to argue over whether it is possible to have a gun that wont chop ot break balls I simply put it up as a helpful tip to help my fello paintballers

MY FEEDBACK
Old 06-29-2002, 11:46 PM #11
Load SM5
Watching You Poo

Load SM5 is a Supporting Member
Load SM5 supports Cereal Killerz 2
Load SM5 donated to help Peyton Trent
Good idea...I may have to try that.

Oh and as far as timmy's go, if you check out the August Issue of Paintball Sports International on the Chicago Open add on page 117. Notice anything?
Old 06-30-2002, 12:11 PM #12
Mag Master 21
Residential Dyno Queen

Quote:
Originally posted by SCM
Are you saying that Timmy's are so inaccurate that it isn't worth cleaning the barrel? Sorry to inform you, but you need to clean your barrel out even if you never break a ball. Paintball have oil on them that gets in your barrel. If you are using RP advantage paint you don't need to clean it as often, but you still need to.
No i dont need to clean it.. IT DOESNT BREAK PAINT
"You and I have the courage to say to our enemies there is a price we will not pay, there is a point beyond they must not advance.. You and I have a rendezvous with destiny, we'll preserve for our children, this the last best hope of man on earth or we'll sentence them to take the last step into a thousand years of darkness."
- Ronald Reagan
Old 06-30-2002, 12:44 PM #13
Richy_C

Ok, look where SM5 told you to look, it's a ripper with paint oozing out the barrel, think what you like, your gun isn't invincible.
Old 06-30-2002, 12:50 PM #14
Load SM5
Watching You Poo

He also has a lot of paint 3/4 of the way up his squeegie. It seems timmy's chop paint on occasion.
Old 06-30-2002, 12:55 PM #15
Mag Master 21
Residential Dyno Queen

Quote:
Originally posted by Load SM5
He also has a lot of paint 3/4 of the way up his squeegie. It seems timmy's chop paint on occasion.
No **** they arent invincible... Still better than your crap...

I've only chopped twice in the 2 years of having the gun (yes 2 years)
- Ronald Reagan
Old 06-30-2002, 01:03 PM #16
Load SM5
Watching You Poo

My crap? I was just going to let it go until you said that. What do you think you know about my crap?

Ah, never mind, I don't want to get into another E-mag's chop/break crap match. They're tiring and founded on heresay and ignorance.

All I said, is that all guns chop/break. They all chop/break because "tourney" paint is getting brittle like a leaf. You said "IT DOES"NT BREAK PAINT " I just proved that timmy's can and will. Sorry that makes you whiney.

I'll be unsubscribing myself from this thread now. Have a super day.
Old 06-30-2002, 01:35 PM #17
Will Wood

Well...us level 10 Mag users can put a ball half way in chamber and start firing away and the ball won't break. Can yours do that? I'm not making an assumtion here, I'm asking you to go test it out and see what happens.

Crap? Why is it crap? We can't read minds here, tell us some info to why a E-Mag is crap. Factual info, please....Not "It looks stupid"....We don't care what you think...We want performance debates here....But..Here is what I have to say....Tell me if I am wrong. (I could be..)

Accuracy is alot from Paint to Barrel Match--Get a Freak....
Then comes the consistancy. Put it over a Chrono and record it's +/- on it. Which ever one has closer grouping would be "More Accurate" but in the aspect of +/- 2 on the chrono station..it is not going to make a noticable difference. There is also natural effects on Accuracy...wind for example.

Reliability-What if your battery goes freak and doesn't work right before a game....It happened to a team-mates Angel at a tourney on the 23rd. If you had a E-Mag you could switch it to manual and all set. Luckily the Refs were kind and allowed him to go get another gun. (A timmy coinicedently) It worked great. It is a good gun. E-mag is no better then your Timmy. It comes to preference. Each gun has a differnt handle and feel to it, fires different, looks differnt.

Use each gun--which ever gun you like best use.
Old 06-30-2002, 02:11 PM #18
SCM

SCM is a founding member
<<No i dont need to clean it.. IT DOESNT BREAK PAINT>>

So, you are saying that your gun is so inaccurate that it isn't worth cleaning out the oil. Actually it isn't the gun, it is you. You are such a bad shot that you don't notice a difference. Any desent player cleans out his barrel even without a break. To get rid of the oil.

<<I've only chopped twice in the 2 years of having the gun (yes 2 years)>>

Well, I've owned my LCD for almost 3 years now. I've only chopped 3 times. I also play more then you. I use to play every Saturday and Sunday. I then on holidays, when the field was open during the week. I did that for 2 years, before I decided to cut back. I now only play about once a month.

Chops are rare on all guns. That eye doesn't do much, becuase most breaks aren't from chops. And all guns will break paint unless you use super hard paint. Barrel breaks happen alot also, because paintball vary in size. Every so often a ball that is too large for the ball will break in the barrel.

If that nevers happens to you then you aren't matching your paint to your barrel. Again, because of your horrible skills you don't see a difference.
Old 06-30-2002, 02:17 PM #19
Trinot

Stop this BS this guy didnt make this thread to discuss which gun is best. Please take that somewhere else. Dumb *** angel bashers
Old 06-30-2002, 03:36 PM #20
Asian-Assassin

trinot is right this isnt here to copare which markers have more breaks than others ITS SIMPLY HERE TO HELP OUT

MY FEEDBACK
Old 06-30-2002, 06:17 PM #21
-=lii=- god

intimidator

force 5

buy one of the above, properly set up, and never chop again. I havent.
Closed Thread