PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 10-08-2013, 09:58 AM #43
Skipdogg

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm RickJames View Post
Ok here we go...

1. On Pbnation I am not replying as a representative of the NPPL but instead just another guy with an opinion.

2. If you think I been rude in some way then I would say that PBNation may not be the forum for you because the comments that I make in defense of myself, the NPPL or paintball in general are extremely mild when compared to what is being said by others in this forum.

3. I have NO IDEA where you got that MMA quote... Because I WASNT EVEN ON THE WEBCAST FOR THAT MATCH. Furthermore Frank Connell is a friend of mine and while I may tease him from time to time I have a lot of respect for him and his team and would never say anything intentionally disrespectful about them.

I think you may have the wrong guy...

Not sure why you dragged him ^ into this either. I actually find him to be the most likable guy affiliated with the NPPL. His comments I feel are always appropriate. That being said, continue....
Skipdogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 10-08-2013, 11:31 AM #44
craziazn1469

has been a member for 10 years
The commentators said that I'm a little asian that can move.
I lol'd
You know you're a true badass when you have to wait on a ride from your mother"
[center]BookFace
craziazn1469 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 11:50 AM #45
I'm RickJames
DJ/MC for the NPPL

I'm RickJames supports Pev's Paintball
I'm RickJames plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skipdogg View Post
Not sure why you dragged him ^ into this either. I actually find him to be the most likable guy affiliated with the NPPL. His comments I feel are always appropriate. That being said, continue....
I realize that often times it's easier to criticize rather than compliment so I appreciate the kind words.

Thank you,
Chris

Follow me on IG- @SportsVoice23

Proudly representing... PEV'S PAINTBALL, EMPIRE PAINTBALL, KEE ACTION SPORTS and BOB LONG
I'm RickJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 11:53 AM #46
I'm RickJames
DJ/MC for the NPPL

Quote:
Originally Posted by craziazn1469 View Post
The commentators said that I'm a little asian that can move. I lol'd
Not sure if that was a joke...

Proudly representing... PEV'S PAINTBALL, EMPIRE PAINTBALL, KEE ACTION SPORTS and BOB LONG
Old 10-08-2013, 03:22 PM #47
splatter00

splatter00 plays in the PSP
 plays in the NXL
splatter00 plays in the APPA D2 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by faTal_noOb View Post
I would love to see a D4 PSP team play D1/semi-pro in NPPL... They would get wrecked.... your so ignorant
Probably most ignorant statement. Some nppl players play psp as well. Its funny coming from someone who probably hasnt played a division higher than 4. Yes some teams dont belong, but thats the same d4-d1 in both leagues. Stop bashing teams for coming out and playing. People like you hurt the sport, its about supporting teams for making the jumps, putting in time and effort and supporting the leagues.
Paintball is too small for ignorant jerks, realize whats best for the sport amd either do what you can to grow it, or take up recball
Old 10-08-2013, 04:27 PM #48
Barber
Moose Krew.

Barber plays in the PSP
Barber is an NCPA player
Barber plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by faTal_noOb View Post
I would love to see a D4 PSP team play D1/semi-pro in NPPL... They would get wrecked.... your so ignorant
They would at least podium in d2 though...

There are definitely d2 PSP teams that could win Pro NPPL events, no doubt. I wouldn't be surprised if some of the top d3 teams could compete just as well. The drop off in talent level between leagues is ridiculous.
Old 10-08-2013, 04:42 PM #49
VooDoo_Weazel

VooDoo_Weazel is a founding member
VooDoo_Weazel plays in the PSP
c'mon Chris u haven't even played in months/years? I guarantee the pro nppl outlaw squad would shutdown any challengers from D2 PSP....

and I'll take my d2 windy city open squad against any d4 team in the PSP....
Ninja Paintball
Planet Eclipse
TMG OUTLAWS
VooDoo_Weazel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 05:01 PM #50
Barber
Moose Krew.

Barber plays in the PSP
Barber is an NCPA player
Barber plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by VooDoo_Weazel View Post
c'mon Chris u haven't even played in months/years? I guarantee the pro nppl outlaw squad would shutdown any challengers from D2 PSP....

and I'll take my d2 windy city open squad against any d4 team in the PSP....
I'm still plenty involved with things, I know what's going on.

I'd say that Devastation and AC402 would more than hold their own in Pro level 7 man, but the fact is, why would they? It's clearly a dying league that garners little to no respect and uses a dying format. No teams want to commit any time or money towards it, hence why they cannot fill divisions and allow random teams to fill out the pro spots.

Why haven't the outlaws made it out of prelims in d1 PSP? Did any of the outlaw teams make it out of prelims at a PSP event this season? Take a look at some of these pro NPPL teams and where their players play in the PSP and their success rate, that should say quite a bit about the difference in the level of competition.

Not trying to make this into an attack or anything of the sort, John. I think it's great what you guys are doing and it's cool to see you guys winning stuff. I just think it is clear that one of the leagues, division-for-division and team-for-team carries a much higher level of talent.
Old 10-08-2013, 05:33 PM #51
I'm RickJames
DJ/MC for the NPPL

Quote:
Originally Posted by VooDoo_Weazel View Post
c'mon Chris u haven't even played in months/years? I guarantee the pro nppl outlaw squad would shutdown any challengers from D2 PSP.... and I'll take my d2 windy city open squad against any d4 team in the PSP....
Comparing teams in a 7man format with teams in a X-Ball format is like comparing apples and oranges.

Some of the top Pro X-Ball teams have struggled with the 7man format and vice versa... If you don't believe me just look at Houston Heat's record last season and Dynasty's record at the beginning of this season and I'm sure there are plenty of Pro 7man teams that had a hard time playing X-Ball.

I don't know why people have to compare the 2 leagues in every aspect. Shawn has said over and over that he is not attempting to compete with the PSP. He is just trying to give people an option and help grow the sport while putting out the best product possible.

It seems that people think we are the same NPPL that we were in our prime... That's just not the case. We are rebuilding and that takes time and a TON of money. Some people understand that and some people don't but as a fan of the game let me say this as a fan and former tournament paintball player...

People saying that they want the NPPL to "die" are just ignorant and/or don't truly care about the future of paintball... Any major tournament paintball series "dying" would be HORRIBLE for the sport. People used to say the same thing about Smart Parts, WDP and other companies too and while I wasn't exactly a fan of those companies I know how negatively those companies failing impacted the sport I love.

Having options for the consumer is what forces companies to keep there product fresh and innovative... Coke wouldn't be as good without Pepsi and so on and so on.

After trying it, if you don't like the product then don't buy it... Simply put.

While I'm sure Shawn and PBPromotions would like everyone to play the NPPL and love everything about it I know that he knows that's just not possible. I applaud Shawn and PBPromotions for caring enough about the league and the sport to spend a lot of money to try to save both of them

Again this is just my 2 cents...

Chris

Old 10-08-2013, 05:35 PM #52
VooDoo_Weazel

my statements stand, and of course I know where you're coming from Chris I'm not stupid, no D1 outlaws haven't moved on but we've certainly held our own against some of the best teams in the division. not to mention Xball is a crazy animal and damn near everything (coaching, pit organization, reffing, etc) has to go perfect for u to podium, I know our rank in PSP doesn't show it but we do have the talent.

hate if u guys want, call it the dying format but IMO it's more fun to play with no coaching, faster guns, and more players on field to shoot.

and stop saying no one wants to play, there were what 50-60 teams in Vegas?

love ya buddy, grab your sandals and a rental mask and come up to the fort sometime
Ninja Paintball
Planet Eclipse
TMG OUTLAWS
Old 10-08-2013, 05:40 PM #53
VooDoo_Weazel

btw barber's name is Chris lol my statements are directed at the man with the creepy asian as his avatar.

btw great job this year NPPL DJ Chris, I enjoyed your commentary and nice to see someone from the league posting in the forum
Ninja Paintball
Planet Eclipse
TMG OUTLAWS
Old 10-08-2013, 06:24 PM #54
jorge19
_TNB_

jorge19 plays in the PSP
 plays in the NXL
 plays in the NXL 2
jorge19 plays in the MiLP
I hadn't played paintball in almost 2 years and our first event since then was NPPL DC challenge in 2012 in D4.. we took 3rd then took 2nd at Cup in D4 (2012).... we then moved up to D3 this year did pretty well which will lead us into our d3 psp and d2 nppl season... no need to rush

Quote:
Originally Posted by robs45 View Post
That doesnt make sense, because if you placed that high most teams would move up to d3. Why would you stay in d4? Your decision on staying in d4 does not reflect on how your skills and team building has improved. You just decided not to challenge yourself.
Old 10-08-2013, 07:21 PM #55
TradeMyGun Paintball
trademygun.com

TradeMyGun Paintball owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
I'll say it - I Love the NPPL!!!!!

7man is GREAT!!

I also love PSP!!

I'm an outlaw......I WANT IT ALL!!!!

Gotta love paintball
Mike
Owner of Paintball Plex and TradeMyGun
...and yes the Outlaws

Ps- we just want to play paintball!

MORE THAN JUST GUNS AT WWW.TRADEMYGUN.COM

trademygun.com
paintballplex.com
TradeMyGun Paintball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 07:44 PM #56
robs45
Big Man

robs45 donated to help Peyton Trent
robs45 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
robs45 is Immortal
robs45 supports DLX Technology
robs45 supports DLX Technology
Well said Mike, thanks for all the support this year for the guys
Old 10-08-2013, 07:47 PM #57
DJ Paris_82
Professional Photographer

DJ Paris_82 is a Paintball photographer
DJ Paris_82 posts videos on PbNation
DJ Paris_82 is Legendary
DJ Paris_82 supports Ninja Paintball
DJ Paris_82 supports Empire
I get such a LOL outta the D4 players acting like they can play D1/semi pro or even pro at that matter. I do admit that there is a fine line between the upper levels such as d1/pro.

Everyone likes to talk themselves up and huff and puff. I love the NPPL been playing for over 15 years. PSP is nice as well. I photograph both, including regional events, and have their own unique advantages. Everyone also always has their own opinion, and its just that, an opinion
Old 10-08-2013, 10:09 PM #58
aimeagle21
Shooting people 4 fun

aimeagle21 owns a Planet Eclipse CS1
aimeagle21 plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by pntbll309 View Post
So after playing the Vegas event, and getting screwed HARD by the refs, I now know why everybody avoids your league and calls it a joke. I've been a fan of the NPPL events for years and years and am at my wits end with the way they run their events.

I thinks it's sad and pathetic that you have your own refs and personnel taking photos and conversing personally with other players that they are showing an obvious bias to. Instead of correcting this or making sure there is no conflict of interest you ignore it. You are a joke of a league, your refs are jokes as individuals, your old guy who "oversees" the reffing is a plain out liar.

This is why you will all go bankrupt again. There is no honor in playing in the NPPL. If you are a new player looking for a league to play in, do yourself a favor and play psp. Don't spend your time or money on a league that plays favorites and doesn't like it when you call them out on it.

Lastly, you can thank yourselves for losing 4 teams and a state from doing your events. I have video proof, I'll post on YouTube if I get enough requests. See you guys in bankruptcy court shortly.

Ok, I have to ask. Do you watch or play other sports at all? I do and I can tell you that every sport has it's bad calls or what have you. Bad calls do not generally win or lose a game for a team no matter the sport. If you lose you lose. If you win you win. I get the frustration part but hard to blame a ref for losing.

Look at what happened in the NFL when the used D3 college refs. It was a giant fiasco. The higher talent level you play at generally the higher the level of reffing you will get. Seriously, watch any sport and tell me that the umpires/refs get all the calls correct. Football and baseball have "replay" for a reason and they are a lot slower sport than a 190mph paintball. Just saying man, "life ain't fair" get used to it. Whip some *** and leave no doubts.

On a side note. This is for the "slow" person wo said that a D3/D4 psp team could walk in an nppl event and play pro and win/compete. You just proved your lack of intelligence with that statement.
COLORS PAINTBALL Fremont Michigan!
Old style trust
aimeagle21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 11:25 PM #59
Pball master
hmmm

Pball master owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Pball master has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
on a side note who created the layout......i have never seen snake corner be so useless before

edit- d side was on point though
Pball master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 12:03 AM #60
nick |nike|

nick |nike| supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pball master View Post
on a side note who created the layout......i have never seen snake corner be so useless before

edit- d side was on point though
It wasn't that bad you could see snake crawl up and wrap pretty well.

But D-side was just amazing.

Last edited by nick |nike| : 10-09-2013 at 12:06 AM.
nick |nike| is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 05:45 AM #61
I'm RickJames
DJ/MC for the NPPL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pball master View Post
on a side note who created the layout......i have never seen snake corner be so useless before edit- d side was on point though
SupAir...

Old 10-09-2013, 06:08 AM #62
Naut
T M G

Naut plays in the PSP
 plays in the NXL
Quote:
Originally Posted by HKARMYBALLER View Post
If you are the one who yelled "bull****" an uncountable amount of times, I too saw the whole fiasco. You acted like a child because your team didn't win and believe the refs were bias. I actually watched the Destiny game that I believe set this rant off, and do not believe they cheated as I believe they were accused of. Throughout the entirety of Friday, Saturday and Sunday the refs on field two were OUTSTANDING in fairness and being kind to all teams. I would go as far as to say this was the best reffed tournament I have ever played. My team will be playing the entire NPPL season in 2014 once again and look forward to competing with everyone again. There are right and wrong ways of handling reffing situations that you think are unfair; screaming curse words in front of families with children is the wrong way.
Naut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 09:44 AM #63
Bawlzofpaint

Bawlzofpaint plays in the PSP
Bawlzofpaint owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Bawlzofpaint plays in the APPA D4 division
This same guy will be posting to quit the PSP tournaments in 3 years because his team "got cheated" every year. We've all seen this before.
Bawlzofpaint is offline   Reply With Quote