Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 11-19-2012, 04:58 PM #64
ElJefe13

ElJefe13 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
ElJefe13 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
ElJefe13 supports Ninja Paintball
ElJefe13 supports Empire
According to Overbear's logic, why just stop with the Middle East? Why not nuke every other country? How about you nuke everywhere except where your house is? There would be plenty of resources left for everyone still alive, there would be no wars, the world would be a peaceful place. Brings a year to your eye just thinking about such a Utopia.
ElJefe13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 11-19-2012, 06:21 PM #65
Overbear
#2 Anti Stim Club Member!

Overbear is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford View Post
This is a good point. Taking bear's thinking to the next logical step we would need to regulate the number of children anyone could have...OOPS! you've landed on communist China. Do not pass go, do not collect $200...
Never in the history of the human race have we wiped out 2 billion people at one time. Figure it would take 50-100 years to build back that number after such a strike, and in that time I would like to think (and hope) that we, as a species, could figure out how to not overpopulate, and how to make sure we are not outgrowing our own resorces.

I don't agree with what china does about the one kid per household thing, but at the same time what else can they do? They are, at the core, barely able to feed the population they have now.

So I still fail to see why a few of you are so upset at the idea of taking out a 1/3 of the human population. It is not going to end the human race, it won't send us into extinction, no "god" is going to strike us down for it. At the end of the day its just numbers we are talking about. A number I will point out again, that in modern times, has the majority of the world problems happening in their area.
"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms . . . disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes . . . Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man - Thomas Jefferson

A democracy is, two wolves and a sheep voting on dinner.
A republic is, two sheep and a wolf voting on dinner.
A constitutional republic is, voting on dinner is expressly forbidden and the sheep are armed.

Armed gays don't get bashed - www.pinkpistols.org

ssgaR: 'faith is the path of least resistance'."

Rapier7: Don't be a douche
Overbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 06:41 PM #66
Space Pope

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overbear View Post
Never in the history of the human race have we wiped out 2 billion people at one time. Figure it would take 50-100 years to build back that number after such a strike, and in that time I would like to think (and hope) that we, as a species, could figure out how to not overpopulate, and how to make sure we are not outgrowing our own resorces.

I don't agree with what china does about the one kid per household thing, but at the same time what else can they do? They are, at the core, barely able to feed the population they have now.

So I still fail to see why a few of you are so upset at the idea of taking out a 1/3 of the human population. It is not going to end the human race, it won't send us into extinction, no "god" is going to strike us down for it. At the end of the day its just numbers we are talking about. A number I will point out again, that in modern times, has the majority of the world problems happening in their area.
As long as you volunteer to be the first one. If the cause is so noble you wouldn't mind setting an example, I'm sure.
Space Pope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 06:44 PM #67
ElJefe13

ElJefe13 supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overbear

The reason we are so upset is because we're not all crazy a**holes. There are many reasons not to, even if you don't believe in a god(s). There's ethics, morality, not to mention a war crime trial after the dust settles. And at the end of the day, it is NOT just numbers we're talking about here. These are people with lives and families, and many people that you might even get along with. Because for every crazy jihadist terrorist that you freak out about, there a thousand perfectly normal and innocent people living in the Middle East, just like there's a thousand normal sane people on Pbnation for every one crazy militaristic nutjob like you.

And BTW, this thread has gone pretty far off topic. Just saying.
Old 11-19-2012, 07:23 PM #68
TheSilentAssassin
Words and Stuff

Well... at least he is entertaining.
Old 11-19-2012, 08:30 PM #69
slateman

slateman is a Supporting Member
slateman is a founding member
slateman is one of the top 25 posters on PbNation
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSilentAssassin View Post
Well... at least he is entertaining.
I was unaware that seriously contemplating genocide was entertaining.

Quod Me Nutrit Me Destruit
slateman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 08:39 PM #70
TheSilentAssassin
Words and Stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by slateman View Post
I was unaware that seriously contemplating genocide was entertaining.
Interesting in the way that a monkey is interesting. Or an idiot. He is so absurd that at this point all I can do is laugh.
Old 11-19-2012, 08:50 PM #71
F1VENOM

Quote:

A strike as large as you're talking about end the world, we wouldn't care about over-population. I don't see how you don't understand this.
"Originally posted by visualx: hey everyone, look at me. i call people poor though i make absolutely nothing; brag about my job as an intern or some ****; hate on people for not being fat like me; and absolutely never have any idea what i'm talking about, though i always have a ****ing righteous indignation with everything i say! aren't i ****ing amazing?! do you all like me yet?! oh, you know that hate is just a guise! good thing i have a ****ing amazing life! now let me go **** my fat girlfriend and cry myself to sleep"
F1VENOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 08:55 PM #72
Space Pope

He is an idiot, but is so stupid he thinks he isn't. It is rather remarkable.
Space Pope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 08:58 PM #73
F1VENOM

Spouts off about working around and being trained on nuclear weapons but can't comprehend the destruction they cause.
"Originally posted by visualx: hey everyone, look at me. i call people poor though i make absolutely nothing; brag about my job as an intern or some ****; hate on people for not being fat like me; and absolutely never have any idea what i'm talking about, though i always have a ****ing righteous indignation with everything i say! aren't i ****ing amazing?! do you all like me yet?! oh, you know that hate is just a guise! good thing i have a ****ing amazing life! now let me go **** my fat girlfriend and cry myself to sleep"
Old 11-19-2012, 09:05 PM #74
licence2kill
POOP

overbear, why should you be part of the 5 billion who lives?
licence2kill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 09:08 PM #75
Matt.is.back2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by licence2kill
Because the world needs more furry IT support guys who are atheists.

U of M Football: 10-2
Matt.is.back2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 09:13 PM #76
licence2kill
POOP

Damnit I was gonna post that after he responded!
licence2kill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 09:18 PM #77
Matt.is.back2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by licence2kill
Damnit I was gonna post that after he responded!
Something about great minds and similar thoughts...

U of M Football: 10-2
Matt.is.back2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 09:48 PM #78
Overbear
#2 Anti Stim Club Member!

Overbear is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by licence2kill View Post
Who says I would be?

Ok what most of you here seem to be stuck on, is the idea that "human life" is somehow intrinsically more valuable than any other life. You wrap yourself in a false shield of superiority because you have been told all your lives your "special".

As a species yes, we are quite impressive, perhaps the single most powerful life force in all the universe, who knows...but as individuals, you are less than important, you are, just a tiny tiny blip in the universe.

So, again I ask, why would 2 billion people disappearing be so tragic? It would not be, it would just be a means to a end that is all. It would not end our species, it would not anger some invisible ghost in the clouds, and it would not mean a hill of mouse **** to the universe at large.

*edit* and F1Venom, I understand quite well what happens when a nuke is used. I suspect more than any person posting here, and that has been factored into my offered option.
"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms . . . disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes . . . Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man - Thomas Jefferson

A democracy is, two wolves and a sheep voting on dinner.
A republic is, two sheep and a wolf voting on dinner.
A constitutional republic is, voting on dinner is expressly forbidden and the sheep are armed.

Armed gays don't get bashed - www.pinkpistols.org

ssgaR: 'faith is the path of least resistance'."

Rapier7: Don't be a douche
Overbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 09:58 PM #79
ElJefe13

ElJefe13 supports Empire
So, what you're saying is, that you're a psychopath? Cause that's what I'm getting from all your posts.
Old 11-19-2012, 09:59 PM #80
barrel roll
secedere

barrel roll is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
barrel roll is Legendary
As weird as it sounds, the advent of nuclear weapons is the reason we have "overpopulation" and such horrible constant conflict.
MQ2 rebuild kits, MP4 ram rebuilds, general 'cocker teching
Will soon be making super slick mid/half block bolts
barrel roll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 10:01 PM #81
F1VENOM

Quote:
*edit* and F1Venom, I understand quite well what happens when a nuke is used. I suspect more than any person posting here, and that has been factored into my offered option.
You're delusional and I doubt you could even describe neutron capture.
Old 11-19-2012, 10:08 PM #82
Animal_Mother (Banned)

There's too many "feelings" in this section. Yall are a bunch of pussies. I can picture some of you getting so worked up that mom has to yell at you to calm it down.
Animal_Mother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 10:09 PM #83
F1VENOM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Animal_Mother View Post
There's too many "feelings" in this section. Yall are a bunch of pussies.
Nothing's driving my protest aside from self-preservation. Speak for yourself.
Old 11-19-2012, 10:13 PM #84
Animal_Mother (Banned)

I'm all about self preservation. I'll do what I can to ensure survival for myself and family if/when **** hits the fan. 99/100 people in this world are absolutely useless to me and I really don't give a **** what happens to them.
Animal_Mother is offline   Reply With Quote