Old 11-06-2012, 05:30 PM #1
skitsofraniak
I love strippers.

skitsofraniak is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
skitsofraniak owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
skitsofraniak owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Need some help/advice

Hey guys, I have what I believe to be an naughty dogs freestyle pro. I need to get a solinoid for it. I have no idea where to go to find the solinoid nor do I know what else I need to purchase when replacing the solinoid. Also, when the gun is working again, what is its resale value? Any help is greatly appreciated!

Proudly Sponsored by:
Warped Sports, BOLP, P.A.N.S, Central Wave, Traffic Jamz, Joe Darrah Enterprises, Blacksmith Tattoos
Old school feedback
Jon Woodley's HH luxe 2.0!
GEARBAG SALE!
skitsofraniak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 11-07-2012, 03:00 AM #2
Nobody609

Nobody609 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
noid: airsolder.com

make sure you get the right one. look on the side of the noid and see the HEA OR CRCB number and get the EXACT one.

are you positive that the noid is bad? low dwell and someone not balancing the regs can cause leaks where the gun appears to have a bad noid.

resale, are you looking to flip it? anyway, values depend on what is coming with the gun. if its bone stock, then $100+, if it has some parts(LPR, HPR, trigger, ASA, eye covers, board) then that will dictate a higher price. pics would also help in determining the condition, which also effects price.
Nobody609 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 01:28 AM #3
maloneoni
The Ronin

I can tell you more about it if you post a picture.

Why do you need to replace the noid?
Old 11-08-2012, 07:30 AM #4
skitsofraniak
I love strippers.

I will post a pic later. I over pressurized trying to balance the regs. It started leaking baddy from the noid area, i put jt back in my bag to check out when i got home. Took it apart and the plungers broke. I sent the gun to icd to get it fixed. They wanted 150 for just the noid so i had them take it out. They threw the solenoid out and shipped it back. Now i call to ask what it had and they have no clue.

Proudly Sponsored by:
Warped Sports, BOLP, P.A.N.S, Central Wave, Traffic Jamz, Joe Darrah Enterprises, Blacksmith Tattoos
Old school feedback
GEARBAG SALE!
Old 11-08-2012, 10:38 AM #5
Nobody609

Nobody609 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
when did you send it in? ICD hasn't really dealt with paintball in quite some time. the price they gave you was pretty much double the price any normal place would do the work, even if they have had the parts in hand.

so with that, i would ask for pics of the gun, and pics of the crevice that is left, and we would then tell you to go to airsoldier.com and get whatever specific noid you will need.
Nobody609 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 12:37 PM #6
skitsofraniak
I love strippers.

i sent it in last year. got the run around from them forever so they just sent it back monday, im expecting it today. i believe it has the CRCB noid. i actually dont even know what freestyle it is, the 7 or the pro..

what can you tell me with that?

Proudly Sponsored by:
Old school feedback
GEARBAG SALE!
Old 11-09-2012, 12:15 AM #7
krupasjeans
happy day

Thanks for posting the pic. That right there is a Naughty Dogs Freestyle Pro.

It will need a Humphries CRCB-0053W solenoid.

If they didn't send you back any barbs or other hosing for the marker you'll need that to attach the solenoid to the marker and everything else.

I've never needed to replace my noid and thus I can't tell exactly which barbs you'd need, but this should get you started.

The exact barb would be dependent on the hose OD/ID and I unfortunately don't have that info.

And then, lastly you'll need some hosing. But again, we'll have to wait for someone else to come in and drop knowledge on that.
krupasjeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 12:26 AM #8
skitsofraniak
I love strippers.

they didnt originaly send any barbs back with the gun. i called, whined a bit saying that it had a solinoid with barbs when i sent it out and that i wanted it returned with them. i ended up getting them. do you have any idea what this is worth when its shooting again?

Proudly Sponsored by:
Old school feedback
GEARBAG SALE!
Old 11-09-2012, 11:07 PM #9
krupasjeans
happy day

As far as the value goes, anywhere between 150 and 200 bucks depending on what board it has and what you'll be including with it (ASA, upgraded HPR).

I've seen plenty of good looking Freestyles sit around for awhile at $200, so if you try pricing it at that level, be prepared to wait a while and receive a lot of lowballs. Still, occasionally there have been people that will pay a somewhat decent amount for a good condition Freestyle, but believe me, they are few and far in between.
Old 11-09-2012, 11:12 PM #10
krupasjeans
happy day

And of course, the other option is just to sell it as is, in non functioning order for parts.
After going through the ordeal of buying a new noid, hosing and whatever else it might need, installing it and getting it functioning, you might make little to no money back at that point.

You might be better off selling it as is for $50-$75 and getting some money out of it before you go sinking more money into it.

I'm not sure how soon you'd find a buyer for it, but there's always collectors looking for more parts. If you feel like going that route, go over to www.icd-owners.com and try posting it up in their BST.
Old 11-09-2012, 11:15 PM #11
skitsofraniak
I love strippers.

I might do that. I may just keep it. I was hoping it was still worth a little bit. Its worth more than 200 to me.

Proudly Sponsored by:
Old school feedback
GEARBAG SALE!
Old 11-10-2012, 12:50 PM #12
maloneoni
The Ronin

You can also put a Mac 33 noid in it with a droid board.
Old 11-10-2012, 12:57 PM #13
skitsofraniak
I love strippers.

Really? How do i go about doing that?

Proudly Sponsored by:
Old school feedback
GEARBAG SALE!
Old 11-10-2012, 03:55 PM #14
krupasjeans
happy day

Yeah, they are great shooting markers so I don't blame you for wanting to keep it, but it'll definitely be a project for you.

Here's a great thread, albeit long, on what forumreader did with his NDFSP.

http://www.icd-owners.com/html/index...wtopic&t=16468
Old 11-10-2012, 04:45 PM #15
maloneoni
The Ronin

Yeah, that is the one I was thinking of, but I didn't have time to find the link.

That would probably be your most economical option.