PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 05-30-2007, 04:57 AM #1
Mythosman

Mini-Chopper?

I've heard a few too many horror stories on the mini chopping up paint, even on the newer boards and what not. Is this simply the result of inexperienced players lacking the knowledge on tuning, or is it faulty equipment like they claim?
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 05-30-2007, 05:41 AM #2
whofromthatplace

has been a member for 10 years
its a combination.
Old 05-30-2007, 06:59 AM #3
supastudio

I'm pretty new to paintball and have used the Mini for the past month. I have not chopped any paint at all. I even use cheapo paint from Dick's sporting goods with large seams and dimpled.

From my brief experience, I see a lot of players not knowing how to tune their guns. Some players like their markers to run hot and love to "tweak" settings, but in the end they're just ruining their gear. I also see a lot of hoppers not being "tuned" properly, which causes marker malfunctions.

You know how people are, it's never their fault, so they blame it on the gear. This happens with everything. I'm a photographer and I hear people complain about their cameras not working properly all the time, and 98% of the time it's user error. This is why I never sell my old camera gear to amateurs or beginners. They don't want to take the time and learn how to use it properly so they say it's defective.

Of course, there is faulty equipment out there, but in my opinion, the majority of these horror stories is user error.
Old 05-30-2007, 07:10 AM #4
Smeek
I R pukeboy

Smeek is a Supporting Member
Smeek is a founding member
Smeek plays in the USPL
Smeek supports Bob Gurnsey
Smeek supports our troops
I've used my mini for several cases now using both a Reloader B and a revy. I have not chopped a ball in the gun yet.

I just realized that last sunday I shot 3 cases with my mini and a revy and a BIP of 1ms and I never chopped even without upping the BIP to 5 ms like I did the last time I had used the revy. One ref even commented "You shoot that fast with a revy?" so I wouldn't say the mini is a paint blender.
Old 05-30-2007, 07:54 AM #5
d1ce

The design of the Mini requires it to be broken in before getting flawless performance.
Old 05-30-2007, 08:40 AM #6
Kadillak Killa
I roll when I stop

there were acouple minis that went out with a faulty poppet that required a replacment but those are all good now. I noticed that the number of "Chopping" threads have died down now. Most of the time its due to people not breaking the gun in or having some weird settings.

Rockin' the 06 Purple Pev's Ego
Packin' the 07 Red and Silver Minion
Old 05-30-2007, 09:34 AM #7
fastfingers19
Fast Fingers

Mine made soup once but then i realized i had a 20ft. blowback issure so i got a new poppet, works great now.
Old 05-30-2007, 03:39 PM #8
icdbko32
its black not ninja!!!

if you have the new poppit it works great and no breaks.

if you dont have the new poppit call up paintballsolutions and they'll send it for free or send it to kee(nps)

with the old poppit it would break with certain paints but mine shot good with draxxus whitebox and xball bronze
Old 05-30-2007, 04:55 PM #9
backman06

i jus bought a mini yesterday and shot the absolute crapiest paint ive ever seen and had no chops even on rampingi love it so far cant wait to play wit it
Old 05-30-2007, 07:08 PM #10
Peter Pantsless
Cen*Alb

My mini broke one ball in the chamber, 2 in the barrel but I didn't realize it needed to be broken in and used NXL mode on my first tank. Now it is fine, just breaks in the barrel due to boresize issue (huge whitebox paint)

Feedback