Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 04-18-2009, 09:58 AM #1
Zach933

Leaking Gun

Alright, well I got a RPM off of ebay a week ago. It came with a gas-through grip (which was advertised as a reg) and a macroline set-up to the stock bottomline reg on a drop-forward. I switched out the macroline for a steel-braid hose because I wanted to use co2 and when I tried it the macrollines were leaking. So I fixed that last night and now I have a leak around my barrel/feedneck area. I'll take a shot and the leak will start, and after maybe two or three more shots it comes back. Could this be a cupseal problem, or something else? Also, when i screw my tank in the gun starts farting and a ball rolls out the barrel, then the gun stops cocking. What would be causing this? I have one more question, how are the Evil Detonators when it comes to co2 use? I found a new one for $15 on ANSgear and a barrel for $9.
Thanks,
Zach
Zach933 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 04-18-2009, 11:24 AM #2
QcXf

has been a member for 10 years
You really shouldnt strait co2 on an rpm. You might have blown an oring in the noid if it farts like that.
QcXf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 11:47 AM #3
Zach933

yea, I know I shouldn't. I'm going to run a remote line when I get my detonator until I get antisiphon put in my tanks. I'm also going to buy that o-ring kit you told me about if it fits the RPM.
Old 04-18-2009, 03:09 PM #4
sandlot1

grease/oil the o-rings
Odyssey Legion #8
Black RPM(old style)
sandlot1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 09:21 PM #5
Zach933

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandlot1 View Post
grease/oil the o-rings
Did that and still leaks. Need to get an oring kit for it.
Old 04-19-2009, 08:20 AM #6
waarp8nt
Jeep'n Rocks!

Doubt you need a whole kit. Replace the 0-rings on the valve body. Grease them up before you reassemble the marker because they are easily torn during assemble. Even if they do not look bad...replace them. The 0-rings can be bought at hardware stores, I know Menards here in town carries them.

Here is a link to a disassembled marker;
http://www.frontiernet.net/~waarp8nt...ded%20View.htm

If you want a regulator to hold up to CO2 then get a torpedo or a stabilizer. They are hands down two of the best regs for CO2.

Do not run a remote without a regulator on your rpm. You cannot use a remote and the bottom line reg on the marker b/c it will not regulate and you will get full tank pressure to your marker and really mess stuff up. The factory reg works off of the pin valve in your tank, so if your tank isn't on the reg (only your remote)...guess what the air isn't regulated at all. Either get the tanks anti-syphoned or a good regulator, prefer both and you won't have a problem.
waarp8nt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 08:39 AM #7
Zach933

The gun was advertised with a CP reg, but when I got it it turned out to be a gas-through, so I didn't try the remote line. Also, where can you get a torpedo because i can't find any.
Old 04-19-2009, 02:36 PM #8
waarp8nt
Jeep'n Rocks!

eBay. The Torpedo regs are really good and it wouldn't bother me too much to buy one used (infact I have bought them used). The Palmer stabilizer is known for it's use with C02 and is another good choice, although the stab is usually more expensive.

If you use C02, even on a good regulator, you will need to rebuild them every so often. I used my Stab about 3-4 years and had to put new 0-rings in it. Got the 0-rings from Menards and it only cost about $3.50 Guess my point is C02 can be a little tough on stuff, but your marker will function fine as long as you are willing to take the precausions and are willing to maintain your equipment.

Good luck and happy shooting!
waarp8nt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 11:21 AM #9
Zach933

I fixed the line leak and the leak in the grip frame, but its still leaking from above the VA area. Is this a cuopseal problem? I know I asked before. How do you tell if your cupseal is bad? I'm going to replace the orings on the valve, but should I go ahead and change the cupseal while I'm at it?
Zach