Community Focus

Old 02-06-2009, 03:59 PM #64
the other one
Goldy

has been a member for 10 years
the other one supports our troops
Quote:
Originally Posted by US Paintball League View Post
We will be using 1 field layout per event.

Quote:
Originally Posted by undrdg View Post

All refs should have radios.
I definitely agree. There should also be refs that watch the action from above... like... the press booth, so that they can see more of the action. Give those guys a radio to the reffing staff, so they can say "so-and-so played on, pull him, and leave the other guy in".

A bird's eye view for one of the refs is a great way to give clarity to the situation.

...maybe small helmet cams for a ref to wear? that'd make for some great footage of stuff that happens. (for webcasts, videos, or to catch cheaters, etc...)

the other one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 02-08-2009, 07:06 AM #65
freddyb

freddyb plays in the PSP
freddyb plays in the APPA D4 division
i don't lnow if anyone put this up, but please let us untuck our jersery. this was the dumbest rule.

Hit me up on Facebook Freddy Barone "checked daily" PM are not checked frequently.
freddyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 10:29 AM #66
Chase12
Chase "Space" Fowler

change the deadboxes from the fence with a big banner on it to one of the ones the millennium used to use where it's a box with netting so the dead players can watch better after they're shot out and can go back in the pits afterwards and change their game plan accordingly
Tampa Bay Damage Fan Club #16
Chase12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 12:52 PM #67
bmoney003
187 cRew it's Murda!!

bmoney003 is a Professional paintball player
 plays in the NXL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chase12 View Post
change the deadboxes from the fence with a big banner on it to one of the ones the millennium used to use where it's a box with netting so the dead players can watch better after they're shot out and can go back in the pits afterwards and change their game plan accordingly
it was like that all last year in he nppl. i think they would follow suit
Old 02-08-2009, 05:38 PM #68
MetDTHero
Raising the Knife

MetDTHero supports our troops
As I said to Goldy when he first was making this thread and before that as we have discussed.

The number one goal of a "new" paintball league should be to make tournament paintball more affordale.

Lower Entries
Lower Paint
Higher return in cash prizes or more teams paid.

Paintball is getting bad, and with recent paint price increases it is only going to get worse. For a team to pay 2,000 for entry alone for 1 event, and then have to pay for airfare, paint, id's, food, hotel, rental cars, etc you are looking at least a $5,000 team budget per event. That is $25,000 for a 5 event season, not counting practice, etc.

MAKE PAINTBALL MORE AFFORDABLE.
The GDT>PbN
Gogged Paintball

MetDTHero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 05:40 PM #69
Chase12
Chase "Space" Fowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetDTHero View Post
As I said to Goldy when he first was making this thread and before that as we have discussed.

The number one goal of a "new" paintball league should be to make tournament paintball more affordale.

Lower Entries
Lower Paint

Paintball is getting bad, and with recent paint price increases it is only going to get worse. For a team to pay 2,000 for entry alone for 1 event, and then have to pay for airfare, paint, id's, food, hotel, rental cars, etc you are looking at least a $5,000 team budget per event. That is $25,000 for a 5 event season, not counting practice, etc.

it would be incredibly difficult to lower entry fees AND raise the prizes

they would have no guaranteed way to get a return on the money
Tampa Bay Damage Fan Club #16
Chase12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 08:22 PM #70
MetDTHero
Raising the Knife

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chase12 View Post
it would be incredibly difficult to lower entry fees AND raise the prizes

they would have no guaranteed way to get a return on the money
I am not going to say how they do that, but there is a very obvious answer to how that happens.
The GDT>PbN
Gogged Paintball

Old 02-08-2009, 10:08 PM #71
undrdg
RIP Larry Alexander

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetDTHero View Post

Lower Entries
Lower Paint

I could not agree with you more. I mentioned this in another thread and i had a plethora of pushback.

I have no idea why anyone would reject the idea of lower entry fees, unless all they are doing is stirring the pot.

I totally understand the costs associated with running a league like this. Hell it costs sooo much just to secure the pier at HB.

However it is my contention that in order to stimulate more teams to play, a considerable discount should be offered.

I think that all d3-d1 teams should pay the same entry fees and should have the same prize packages. Hear me out on this:

1. The main contention to this idea is that it will not motivate teams to move up in division.
2. this is easily solved by instituting a stringent classification system that will force players/teams to move up in classification based on tournaments played and a points system ie the appa.
3. Budgets for teams moving up will stay substantially the same making team budgeting so much easier to deal with from year to year.
4. this will force strong competition at every divisional level from year to year

In my opinion this will allow teams to also establish a good farm system at every level much like baseball has.

What do you guys think?
undrdg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 10:57 PM #72
MetDTHero
Raising the Knife

Quote:
Originally Posted by undrdg View Post
I could not agree with you more. I mentioned this in another thread and i had a plethora of pushback.

I have no idea why anyone would reject the idea of lower entry fees, unless all they are doing is stirring the pot.

I totally understand the costs associated with running a league like this. Hell it costs sooo much just to secure the pier at HB.

However it is my contention that in order to stimulate more teams to play, a considerable discount should be offered.
i stopped here.

Yes, I know how much it costs to run an event at HB and/or a stadium.

I ask you, why have it there if it costs so much.

Save money. **** host it at SC, you can lay fields there just as you can at HB or a stadium. Host it at PEVS, AA,etc.
The GDT>PbN
Gogged Paintball

Old 02-09-2009, 01:33 AM #73
kurtiskt
SD MOB

kurtiskt plays in the PSP
kurtiskt supports Team VICIOUS
kurtiskt posts videos on PbNation
center 50 flag?
kurtiskt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 03:22 AM #74
tigris4149
Bmx Rider

tigris4149 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
tigris4149 supports Team VICIOUS
Lightbulb

i live in Erie P.a and there is hardly nothing as far as paintball here that doesnt involve alot of far travel. So a major event in pittsburgh Pa or buffalo Ny or cleveland Oh would help connect the northeastern part of the country to some good paintball.

PSN Username Tigris4149
tigris4149 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 03:25 AM #75
tigris4149
Bmx Rider

can someone get back to me on that^^

PSN Username Tigris4149
Old 02-09-2009, 01:20 PM #76
usafpilot07
East Coast

usafpilot07 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
I would rather die than go back to Buffalo NY for a tournament.

☺☺☺☺Rare XO Designers- Brown/Gold & OG Brown Venomwear☺☺☺☺

☻☻☻Old School Baby Blue JT Strap☻☻☻
♥♥♥Rare Colored JT 2-Piece ♥♥♥
Pink Ion-Never been shot. Needs new QEV, Feedneck and Reg- $70
usafpilot07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 01:29 PM #77
D_RedeemR

D_RedeemR plays in the APPA beginner division
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigris4149 View Post
i live in Erie P.a and there is hardly nothing as far as paintball here that doesnt involve alot of far travel. So a major event in pittsburgh Pa or buffalo Ny or cleveland Oh would help connect the northeastern part of the country to some good paintball.
It seems obvious that the 'leagues' want either east or west coast involvement and are on the path of screw the rest.
D_RedeemR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 03:42 PM #78
tigris4149
Bmx Rider

you try and go cross da country to play. at least the midwest has a short travel in either direction and at least you have events close by unlike us. there are no close events.

PSN Username Tigris4149
Old 02-09-2009, 04:44 PM #79
mauld64

the man above me has the truth....we are from texas and travel gets expensive.....but then again...everytime they come to texas the weather fails.....so idk...but ya....I like all the ideas.
mauld64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 07:29 PM #80
Exilict

Exilict is a Supporting Member
Exilict is a founding member
Exilict donated to help Peyton Trent
Exilict plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
The mentality that the tournament should come to you, and not you travel to the tournament is horrible....

You live with in a few hours of one of the worlds best facilities. You live near 1 MXL, 2 AXBL, 1 Division 3 PSP, 2 PSP Divison 1, 1 PSP pro team. Tournaments in western PA or not, if you are not in national paintball, its your fault...

-X
Exilict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 07:36 PM #81
P4IN7 B4LLS
FARSIDE KIDS // HELLCATS

P4IN7 B4LLS plays in the USPL
P4IN7 B4LLS plays in the PSP
P4IN7 B4LLS is an NCPA player
P4IN7 B4LLS plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
uspl is coming to boston and dc... thats close enough, a lot closer than most people get the benefit of.

the nppl and the psp have both had numerous events in the northeast in previous seasons, you should have attended them when they came through.

these leagues aren't going to set up in your backyard. everyone has to travel at some point, people need to realize that and stop complaining. if you don't want to travel far, then play regional events.

FEEDBACK / 100% Positive
P4IN7 B4LLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 11:37 AM #82
orionz06
Turtle Wrangler

orionz06 is a Supporting Member
orionz06 is an NCPA player
orionz06 is Immortal
orionz06 supports DLX Technology
orionz06 supports DLX Technology
orionz06 supports Shocker RSX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exilict View Post
The mentality that the tournament should come to you, and not you travel to the tournament is horrible....

You live with in a few hours of one of the worlds best facilities. You live near 1 MXL, 2 AXBL, 1 Division 3 PSP, 2 PSP Divison 1, 1 PSP pro team. Tournaments in western PA or not, if you are not in national paintball, its your fault...

-X
i will partially agree with you on that statement, but i believe the intent was an event nearer to the area in general, not one in his backyard...

the logistics may be unknown for this region, but with the leagues mentioned within a day drive, there might be more consideration for an event that would be closer....

that being said, i believe theyre hitting DC, which is close enough...
Penn State Paintball, Alumni #38
☆☆☆ The Departed© #38 ☆☆☆
Erie Fusion (original) #38

"Should you covet what you cannot afford. Maketh more money."
orionz06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 05:34 PM #83
the other one
Goldy

the other one supports our troops
I just want to see refs with communication systems between each other, and a ref in the press box (or some elevated position) to help make calls.

the other one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 12:50 PM #84
barstoolhero

1. have there Events in Major citys all over the USA. remember paintball is played in almost every state in the US.

2. Lower paint cost to help players not be stressed out on buying paint. This will help teams pay for the cost of getting in and not worring about if they will be able to eat and drink becuase the paint is 60-70 bucks for them if they have no sponsor.

3. All ref should have radios. No matter what. Helps the game go fair and its spilt down the middle. Also add an extra ref or two to a field to help get better calls. We all know how it feels to be BS in a game becuase ref were day dreaming.

4. Make the pros play last. Division player play first. When the Division players are done they can watch the big boys play to make an event better.

4. Allow photographers and filmers at event for a LOW cost if not part of an online site or mag. Make paintball more fun on both media and player sides. But not get bashed or flamed about this. You have to have a profolio(sp) made up to get in the net! Also if your planning on covering all events you get a pass for each event and also pay for each event up front.

5. IMO study one field can be borning but also study 2-3 field layout can be hard. So make it 2 layouts for each events, but make them totally different. People like change once and awhile in there lifes

6. an all start event. PSP does it this year should be marked down with something that all the players will never forget. a Pro all star game. the east vs. the west. It could take place half way threw the season.
barstoolhero is offline   Reply With Quote