MutR.
Shut up.

has been a member for 10 years
MutR. helped look for balloons
MutR. posts videos on PbNation
MutR. is reppin' sidebar 4 life
Quote:
Originally Posted by smittysnipez View Post
you need a stiffer stick or a smaller curve or your form is off on follow through the toe of the blade should be where you want the puck t go not any higher or lower just practice nailing the corners ive been playing puck for 16 years i like my summers off to play speedball but i still play summer leauge because im playing college in the fall or pro echl
The curve is a basic beginner mid curve. I probably do need a stiffer stick though cause that thing bends pretty easily.

My rink opens up very very soon. im so excited

CONSPIRACY THEORIST EXTRAORDINAIRE
MutR. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 07-26-2012, 04:07 PM #422
Dikkens

is playing at Living Legends XI
Two new Total Hockey stores are opening up soon in my city I feel spoiled. Has anyone ever been to one of their stores? How is it?
Old 07-26-2012, 04:53 PM #423
Lou Dogg
Prepare to die

Lou Dogg owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Played Tuesday. I had an awesome time...too bad we only get ice time every other Tuesday.I had a few breakaways where I had the chance to absolutely rifle the puck at the corners (no goalie, played post). Surprisingly still shoot well despite not skating in months

Big_Dangerous: "Has anyone here ever let a chick **** them with a strapon?"
Lou Dogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 09:48 PM #424
GhillieSuitPaintball
ONT.

Dikkens, I had the chance to visit a couple T.H's when I was in Chi-town and they're pretty sick. I like a lot of our Canadian stores better but it was still really solid for selection.

Scrub Life.
GhillieSuitPaintball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 09:41 PM #425
Redeem by: Never

Hockey is sure to happen this year. I went up to a tryout near Minneapolis this weekend. If I had been 18 or 19 they would've taken me, but they already had two twenty year old tenders and didn't want a third fighting for the starting spot. However, the coach there is attempting to hook me up with the coach of another team just over the line in Hudson, WI who, rumor has it, needs a goalie.

I also got myself another tryout down here in southwest chicagoland with a team that seems to change names every other season, but still maintains good teams and makes the National tournament every year. They need another goalie (already signed two, but they're slick-sleeved youngin's) and a team just over the line in Indiana that already had their tryouts, but still need another goalie so I'm headed down to their team practice tomorrow and saturday.
Redeem by: Never is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 08:19 PM #426
Cabooser
Cozy in XSV OT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redeem by: Never View Post
Hockey is sure to happen this year. I went up to a tryout near Minneapolis this weekend. If I had been 18 or 19 they would've taken me, but they already had two twenty year old tenders and didn't want a third fighting for the starting spot. However, the coach there is attempting to hook me up with the coach of another team just over the line in Hudson, WI who, rumor has it, needs a goalie.

I also got myself another tryout down here in southwest chicagoland with a team that seems to change names every other season, but still maintains good teams and makes the National tournament every year. They need another goalie (already signed two, but they're slick-sleeved youngin's) and a team just over the line in Indiana that already had their tryouts, but still need another goalie so I'm headed down to their team practice tomorrow and saturday.
Know anyone that wants a 21 year old goalie?
Old 08-10-2012, 12:57 PM #427
dyepntmaster

dyepntmaster plays in the PSP
dyepntmaster helped look for balloons
dyepntmaster plays in the APPA D5 division
Quote:

Chicago Bulldogs? Thats where i got my start in the juins.
Old 08-11-2012, 02:27 AM #428

Quote:
Originally Posted by dyepntmaster View Post
Chicago Bulldogs? Thats where i got my start in the juins.
Yeah, just got a contract offer from them today actually. I can't make it to their big "signing event" tomorrow though so I got the packet in-hand on the way out. Now I just have to see if the other team i'm trying out for offers me a spot as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cabooser View Post
Know anyone that wants a 21 year old goalie?
I can't decide if your comment is sarcastic, saying that I'm too old to be playing, or if you're asking me if I know of a team that wants a 21 year old goalie...

Either way, no and no. If I were too old, the age limit on the league would be 19 into 20, not 20 into 21. I can play this year, but this is the last year, and thanks very much for your input. For the other option, no, I don't. 1) Being 21 going in to the season is too old, and 2) Most teams have already had tryouts, and if not, they're done in a week or two and I had a hard enough time finding tryouts on such short notice.

Last edited by Redeem by: Never : 08-11-2012 at 02:30 AM.
Old 08-11-2012, 02:26 PM #429
MutR.
Shut up.

MutR. helped look for balloons
MutR. posts videos on PbNation
MutR. is reppin' sidebar 4 life
The rink finally has ICE. Brand new never skated on ice. There still needs to be a few more layers added on before it can be skated on but damn its pretty.

Top picture is the first layer of ice, bottom is after they put lines down

cant wait to get out there and skate

CONSPIRACY THEORIST EXTRAORDINAIRE
MutR. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 05:31 PM #430
dyepntmaster

Quote:
Yeah, just got a contract offer from them today actually. I can't make it to their big "signing event" tomorrow though so I got the packet in-hand on the way out. Now I just have to see if the other team i'm trying out for offers me a spot as well.

I can't decide if your comment is sarcastic, saying that I'm too old to be playing, or if you're asking me if I know of a team that wants a 21 year old goalie...

Either way, no and no. If I were too old, the age limit on the league would be 19 into 20, not 20 into 21. I can play this year, but this is the last year, and thanks very much for your input. For the other option, no, I don't. 1) Being 21 going in to the season is too old, and 2) Most teams have already had tryouts, and if not, they're done in a week or two and I had a hard enough time finding tryouts on such short notice.
Who else are you trying out for? Bulldogs are definatly a solid choice. Really liked the coaching staff/ownership when i played there.
Old 08-11-2012, 10:47 PM #431

Quote:
Originally Posted by dyepntmaster View Post
Who else are you trying out for? Bulldogs are definatly a solid choice. Really liked the coaching staff/ownership when i played there.
Tried out at Maple Grove Energy, but they didn't want three 20 year old goalies, and they had one signed prior to camp, and an NA drop down call in halfway through camp so that crossed me off the list. Also "tried out" at the Blackbirds in Indiana. They're the old Kalkaska Roughnecks. They're only taking two goalies, and their starter from last year got cut from an NA camp today so he's coming back, and the back up is the owners son. The head coach there told me in theory I could be on the roster if I wanted to, but I had to know upfront that the starter from last year was the starter for this season and I might not get that many games.

I could tryout for the CW Saints or St. Louis, but I think I'm just going to stick with the Bulldogs. Thats where I have a spot right now, and I have to confirm by practice on Tuesday, so I'm not willing to give that spot up just to hope for something elsewhere. Maybe I'll get lucky and they'll trade me to a team that isn't carrying four goalies

The coach at the blackbirds said he'd call around today and tomorrow to see if any of his coaching buddies needed a first string goalie though, so if something comes of that tomorrow I may go elsewhere. We'll see though. The main team he was talking about is in Kankakee and it's a start up league (12 teams) and one team has already folded so it's not looking promising.
Old 09-03-2012, 08:40 PM #432
GhillieSuitPaintball
ONT.

Finally back here guys. Tryouts are all said and done with. I'm now a member of a local Jr. C team, and affiliated to a GOJHL team. I thought I was gonna make the GOJHL team till they signed a returning guy and a tendy straight out of Kingston Frontenacs camp.

That's just hockey though, keep working hard and see what comes my way.

Scrub Life.
GhillieSuitPaintball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 09:01 PM #433
dyepntmaster

Quote:
Tried out at Maple Grove Energy, but they didn't want three 20 year old goalies, and they had one signed prior to camp, and an NA drop down call in halfway through camp so that crossed me off the list. Also "tried out" at the Blackbirds in Indiana. They're the old Kalkaska Roughnecks. They're only taking two goalies, and their starter from last year got cut from an NA camp today so he's coming back, and the back up is the owners son. The head coach there told me in theory I could be on the roster if I wanted to, but I had to know upfront that the starter from last year was the starter for this season and I might not get that many games.

I could tryout for the CW Saints or St. Louis, but I think I'm just going to stick with the Bulldogs. Thats where I have a spot right now, and I have to confirm by practice on Tuesday, so I'm not willing to give that spot up just to hope for something elsewhere. Maybe I'll get lucky and they'll trade me to a team that isn't carrying four goalies

The coach at the blackbirds said he'd call around today and tomorrow to see if any of his coaching buddies needed a first string goalie though, so if something comes of that tomorrow I may go elsewhere. We'll see though. The main team he was talking about is in Kankakee and it's a start up league (12 teams) and one team has already folded so it's not looking promising.
Heres some info; Maple grove energy is a ****ing joke, I played in the mnjhl last season, some of the kids that were on the team last season are ****ing awful. they lost a game last season 17-2. I hear theyre under new managment now, but who knows, they do have a good facility. The GL divsion of the leauge is pretty bad besides the bulldogs and a few other teams. Besides the bulldogs, no one else in the divisiion is really worth going to. And if the leauge your talking about is the MWJHL i wouldnt bother.

Just left main camp for Fort Frances Lakers junior a, went pretty well but ill know more this week.
Old 09-07-2012, 05:19 PM #434
Deejer

i wish i could skate its a little late too the coach at my high school is a dick and wouldnt let me play even if i learned.
Deejer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 12:51 PM #435
IplayforRelentless
Quit changing my avatar!

IplayforRelentless is BST Trusted
IplayforRelentless is a Paintball photographer
IplayforRelentless supports our troops
IplayforRelentless is one of the top 25 posters on PbNation
IplayforRelentless is attending Decay of Nations VI
Very good chance I'll be in Minnesota over Christmas, so I should be able to play some outdoor puck I suppose I should probably learn how to skate backwards...
"Originally posted by -|2ain: Ima kill Dieing to live when he gets back! THEY MADE ME DO A RECTAL EXAM!!!! A ****ING RECTAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!"
"Originally posted by tremis: I love the self righteousness of the photographers with the claim that they "created" a photograph. Delusional at all? The law may ignorantly side with the photographer, but the subject has done the vast majority of the work and they dont get any credit/royalties."
I take hipster photos on Instagram - @hobbesthetiger
NJ Devils MN Wild MN Twins Chi Cubs IA Hawkeyes
IplayforRelentless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 10:18 PM #436
scnokered (Banned)

just go out and have a good time who cares what others think
scnokered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 10:40 PM #437
Hobbes The Tiger
Big Gulps, huh?

Hobbes The Tiger is a Moderator
Hobbes The Tiger is a Paintball photographer
Hobbes The Tiger has been published on the PbNation Youtube Channel
That's the plan. There's 4 or 5 outdoor rinks in the town I'll be staying in, so I figure if I can't find any pickup games, I'll just skate around and work on my hands a little. Just gonna enjoy the fresh air.
Old 09-18-2012, 11:11 PM #438
weso98
FTB

Is paul kariya your favorite player hobbs?

CanucksBandwagoner
weso98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 05:26 PM #439
Hobbes The Tiger
Big Gulps, huh?

I cried when Stevens checked him in Game 6

Parise is.
Old 10-06-2012, 11:29 AM #440
Hobbes The Tiger
Big Gulps, huh?

Well, I got the dates off of work. All I need to do is get my plane ticket to MN, which I should be doing next Tuesday so I'll be up in MN this Winter

Lou, we're playing some puck.
Old 10-06-2012, 06:57 PM #441
PMRjim876
Matts Outback

PMRjim876 is an NCPA player
PMRjim876 plays in the APPA D5 division
damn u guys are making me want to go to MN lol, I may actually be moving to minneapolis after i graduate in December for a job if things go according to plan lol, minneapolis is one of 3 places i'd probably be sent.
Penn State University Paintball #13

TNN Crew NYPL 2010 http://www.mattsoutback.com
PMRjim876 is offline   Reply With Quote