PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 03-28-2002, 12:22 PM #1
ballbusters86

has been a member for 10 years
Powdercoating

Can you powdercoat a Black Viking? I know you cant annoe it, so im guessing you cant powdercoat it either, i would just like to be sure.

Thanks
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 03-28-2002, 01:00 PM #2
Weasel Boy

As with anno, you must also strip down to bare metal when powdercoating... thus voiding the warrantee. I powdercoated a cocker of mine and IMO it isn't that durable of a coating. You're best at starting out with the anno color you really want... unless you've already got a black one, and if that's the case, enjoy your marker the way it is!
Old 03-28-2002, 01:04 PM #3
splatterpunx

you can get them raw from aka and have it powdercoated yourself,if you find someone who knows what they are doing the powdercoating can be waaaay more durable than anno
Old 03-28-2002, 01:19 PM #4
ballbusters86

I already have a black viking. Thanks, thats what i needed to know. I can get powdercoating locally i think.

Thanks
Old 03-28-2002, 02:16 PM #5
gonzo222

you could send it right back to AKA for the anno. It will take longer and it may be priceier but I think you will not void your warranty.
Old 03-28-2002, 02:30 PM #6
splatterpunx

if you strip a allready annoed by aka marker you loose your warrenty all togeather,the stripping process affects the tolerences
between the parts and the body
Old 04-02-2002, 01:08 PM #7
Donut

Powdercoating takes a very skilled person and it has to be done just right. Ever see Reese hitch mounts on a truck that are all rusty and flaking? That's because they have a crappy powdercoating finish. When it is done right, it works. But overall I prefer anodidizing, JMO.