Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 04-06-2011, 02:05 PM #43
sniper42

I would buy a valve for my karni in a heartbeat and possibly a second for my outkast. I would love to see you guys start making more of these.
Advertisement
Old 04-06-2011, 02:49 PM #44
screwloose45

has been a member for 10 years
Compulsive has the one needed for you Outkast in stock: http://www.compulsivepaintball.com/1...2-Valve-EBlade

Also, those 11/16 'Trilogy' valves sold out in two days.
screwloose45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 02:53 PM #45
sniper42

What is the difference between the one for normal cockers and the ones for karnivors?
Old 04-06-2011, 03:00 PM #46
playevil
Who needs badges?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sniper42 View Post
What is the difference between the one for normal cockers and the ones for karnivors?
the spacer i believe.
2011 ASM Jersey Make It Happen!
Stop bonus balling first timers; you are killing our sport.
Stop bunking first timers; you are killing our sport.
Just stop killing our sport...

playevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 03:15 PM #47
cww516
clever text goes here

cww516 is reppin' sidebar 4 life
yep, the karni spacer is cut a little differently so the fingers of the karni IVG can go around it. everything else is the same.
cww516 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 04:38 PM #48
sniper42

Sweet, just ordered one. The normal spacer is going in the lathe then for a quick trim to fit my karni.
Old 04-06-2011, 09:39 PM #49
kj6
Moose?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hmcl281 View Post
you guys running delrin spacer instead of the aluminum one now?
Yes. They have some disadvantages for production but don't require anodize, which makes managing inventory much easier. I just run them when we need them.

sniper42- I don't think you can make a karni spacer out of a standard spacer. You have a lathe, so make one of these: http://www.kajohnson.com/files/karnispacer.pdf That's actually for the mQ, so you'll need to make it a bit longer for the MQ2.

Last edited by kj6 : 04-06-2011 at 09:46 PM.
kj6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 12:09 AM #50
Gonzaga #35

omg i'm subbing to this thread just incase you guys re-release the vavles because i need one for my 06 backmagic and my 3 other freeflows.
Gonzaga #35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 12:16 AM #51
awwjeezitscrazy
Hinata <3

awwjeezitscrazy is a Supporting Member
awwjeezitscrazy plays in the APPA D4 division
awwjeezitscrazy has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
me three i quit PLAYING paintball 2 years ago i want to built a super clean e2 orracle...just for fun
Old 04-07-2011, 12:40 AM #52
sniper42

Quote:
Originally Posted by kj6 View Post
sniper42- I don't think you can make a karni spacer out of a standard spacer. You have a lathe, so make one of these: http://www.kajohnson.com/files/karnispacer.pdf That's actually for the mQ, so you'll need to make it a bit longer for the MQ2.
Even better. Thanks.
Old 04-07-2011, 02:13 PM #53
can2nac

I chased for MQ2 for my SR for half year and they did not have it on Compulsive (with Karnivor spacer), there is no other way to buy it internationally, those versions which appeared on Compulsive were sold very quickly!
Finally, i bought Trilogy version and going to rebuild spacer when i get it (in a week or two) or make a new one - many thanks for link listed above!
That is why i was surprised with lack of proposition from manufacturer. This unique product, i'm sure you have to sell it through preorder.
And i know one 100% way how to check demand - start auction on Ebay from 125 USD and just see how it rises and rises.
P.S. And i have checked Compulsive - Wow! They have already sold all Trilogy versions! Very impressive as for demand investigation )))

Last edited by can2nac : 04-07-2011 at 02:43 PM.
can2nac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 09:35 PM #54
155mmPaladin
aka Smoke

155mmPaladin supports Bob Gurnsey
I was lucky and managed to buy two direct from you guys. Then a while later bought a SR that had one in it, plus another complete standard valve cause he said it leaked. Punched out a new dot and no more leak and had a good valve to put into another project. I would buy two more for my two 06 BM's one that will be a pump the other regular.
155mmPaladin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 03:10 PM #55
_slash_1
yup, im "that" one....

_slash_1 plays in the USPL
_slash_1 plays in the PSP
 plays in the NXL
make valve!

you have 3 pages of people telling you to do it. you would be silly not to make more valves....

if your too busy or cant afford to pay "engineers" to assemble then hire some people to work for you at $10 per hour. You dont see dave youngblood working the assembly line of the markers he makes do you...

these valves sell used for the same price as they did new. And i mean its not like the autococker is going anywhere. those who like them, like them a lot.
_slash_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 08:26 AM #56
Jez

If you guys made another run and would ship internationally, I'd get 1 for sure! ...and then another for my upcomming project... and quite possibly more as i accumulate more projects haha
Jez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 10:25 AM #57
hmcl281

there is a demand the real question is if you have time or want to continue to make them.
hmcl281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 05:56 AM #58
VIKING!

i would like to give my input... i doubt any rational person would blame you guys for calling it quits on the valve. seriously its not as easy as pushing a button and out comes a part people. but since the demand seems to be there... here are some ideas.

i think most people who buy these valves don't mind putting it together, excluding the connector for the board of course.

have you considered outsourcing production to another manufacturer? allowing a smaller company to sell them and collect royalties? again the demand is there. hell people have designed guns around it... myself included.

just throwing out ideas and hopefully no one throws a tantrum
VIKING! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 12:34 PM #59
paintballer231
Avalanche Canada/FS Swarm

paintballer231 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
paintballer231 supports Team VICIOUS
paintballer231 supports Sherwood Forest
Mike I will love you long time if you make more!
Old 04-14-2011, 02:10 PM #60
can2nac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jez View Post
If you guys made another run and would ship internationally, I'd get 1 for sure! ...and then another for my upcomming project... and quite possibly more as i accumulate more projects haha
compulsive posts internationally without questions. i'm from Ukraine and i bought mq there.
can2nac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 07:04 PM #61
kj6
Moose?

OK, here's where things stand: There will be another small (~20 units) batch of valves when I get a chance to machine some more parts (around July). I have one more year (2011) of depreciation on the CNC lathe. This gives me a reasonable tax advantage to doing some business this year, but anything I make over ~$2000 will be taxed at around 50%. I'm not about to spend 9 hours on the road only to give half to .gov. Short of a miracle, it's unlikely that production will continue past those next few units.

To those of you who have suggested outsourcing, getting **** on by retarded vendors is one of the things I do at my day job. I'd prefer not to do that during my down time. Employees? No ****ing way.

Licensing? Talk to Kee. Patent no. 7,913,679. Work out a deal with them and I'll tell you everything I know about making the MQ.
Old 04-16-2011, 07:09 PM #62
playevil
Who needs badges?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kj6 View Post
OK, here's where things stand: There will be another small (~20 units) batch of valves when I get a chance to machine some more parts (around July). I have one more year (2011) of depreciation on the CNC lathe. This gives me a reasonable tax advantage to doing some business this year, but anything I make over ~$2000 will be taxed at around 50%. I'm not about to spend 9 hours on the road only to give half to .gov. Short of a miracle, it's unlikely that production will continue past those next few units.

To those of you who have suggested outsourcing, getting **** on by retarded vendors is one of the things I do at my day job. I'd prefer not to do that during my down time. Employees? No ****ing way.

Licensing? Talk to Kee. Patent no. 7,913,679. Work out a deal with them and I'll tell you everything I know about making the MQ.
Sir you are me hero can't wait to get my milled cocker back and get to mq it. may i ask if you will make replacement parts? so after the last batch is done we can keep our mq's working on?
2011 ASM Jersey Make It Happen!
Stop bonus balling first timers; you are killing our sport.
Stop bunking first timers; you are killing our sport.
Just stop killing our sport...

playevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 07:15 PM #63
kj6
Moose?

There is a good chunk of poppet seals left, which I'm sure Compulsive will end up with. I think there may be some poppets left over. I'll see about doing some extra valve bodies and karni spacers. Extra pilot assemblies will not happen, though. They have always been the limiting factor, and the only reason we're doing a few more valves is because of left over pilots.