PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 04-25-2010, 10:00 PM #22
Micoyote1

has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by MstrKey View Post
Police never get involved in disuputes like that. You'd have to prove they actually stole it.

They didn't really "steal" the money.......the complaintant just didn't receive something they paid for. There could be any number of reasons for that(most of them non criminal), and it's their word against yours. You'd have to go to small claims court, or if you paid with a credit card call your credit card company and complain. Other than that, you're out of luck.
+1

If you paid with credit card call them they can return your money and go after the company. If you paid with debit card talk to your bank and they too can help with this. It really suck that you guys are doing something good here and people like this rip you off.

We are setting up new indoor and outdoor fields in Michigan and thank god I ran across this post because we have place a half dozen call to Alpha Sports try to purchase and outdoor field set up. We have yet to get a return phone call from them so something must be up. I really hope you can nail them, let us know your progress and contact your cc company they can help, I have done it a couple times when I got ripped.
Micoyote1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 04-25-2010, 10:05 PM #23
rayray9381
FREE AGENT

rayray9381 plays in the PSP
rayray9381 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
rayray9381 plays in the APPA beginner division
re:

Ya we're now going with KP and from the first and second phone call I had with them they seemed to have their business together and are very anxious to help us get our field up and running.

I RECOMEND NOT DEALING WITH ALPHA SPORTS/ PAINTBALLNETTING.COM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Micoyote1 View Post
+1

If you paid with credit card call them they can return your money and go after the company. If you paid with debit card talk to your bank and they too can help with this. It really suck that you guys are doing something good here and people like this rip you off.

We are setting up new indoor and outdoor fields in Michigan and thank god I ran across this post because we have place a half dozen call to Alpha Sports try to purchase and outdoor field set up. We have yet to get a return phone call from them so something must be up. I really hope you can nail them, let us know your progress and contact your cc company they can help, I have done it a couple times when I got ripped.
rayray9381 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 10:25 PM #24
WillyW0nka
REGISTERED SEXY OFFENDER

WillyW0nka is a Supporting Member
WillyW0nka plays in the PSP
WillyW0nka supports our troops
Quote:
Originally Posted by MstrKey View Post
The problem is the company who hired the shipper has no clue if it was in fact delivered to the wrong place. All they know is what the shipping company tells them. So as far as they know, you DID get the product and are just trying to rip them off. Trust me, it happens a LOT. I have guys trying to rip me off all the time. You need signature delivery....without it you have no ground to stand on in court. The shipper says you got it, the supplier says you got it, you said you didn't. Two against one, you lose.
That still requires the shipper's verification that the product was delivered. If the netting was ever shipped, USPS/UPS/BobbyBrownShipping or whoever the hell shipped it will have the shipment information. If there is NO shipment/tracking information on record ANYWHERE, then the seller can't prove they ever shipped the item.

Last I heard, the seller has to prove the item was shipped to the correct address. If they can't do that, they're liable. If there was some kind of liability agreement (FOB shipping-point), where the seller could ship it out and after it is shipped it's not their responsibility, THEN the buyer would be S.O.L. if they never received it. But even then, the seller still has to prove they actually sent it to them.

I think you're right, it really just sounds like a case of taking in money and never sending anyone their stuff. I'll add this thread to my sig to make sure anyone interested in netting/bulk paint/field setups etc.. will stay away from this "company".

WillyW0nka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 10:33 PM #25
rayray9381
FREE AGENT

thank you

Thank you, I dont want this to happen to anyone else, Its a waste of time and damages the sports trust.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillyW0nka View Post
That still requires the shipper's verification that the product was delivered. If the netting was ever shipped, USPS/UPS/BobbyBrownShipping or whoever the hell shipped it will have the shipment information. If there is NO shipment/tracking information on record ANYWHERE, then the seller can't prove they ever shipped the item.

Last I heard, the seller has to prove the item was shipped to the correct address. If they can't do that, they're liable. If there was some kind of liability agreement (FOB shipping-point), where the seller could ship it out and after it is shipped it's not their responsibility, THEN the buyer would be S.O.L. if they never received it. But even then, the seller still has to prove they actually sent it to them.

I think you're right, it really just sounds like a case of taking in money and never sending anyone their stuff. I'll add this thread to my sig to make sure anyone interested in netting/bulk paint/field setups etc.. will stay away from this "company".
Old 04-26-2010, 01:35 PM #26
Carnagge

Always pay with a credit card. It sounds weird but a CC has much better protections than a check or debit card. Just don't go crazy and keep the balance paid off in full.

68/4500 tank
https://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...2#post64366912
Carnagge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 04:03 PM #27
rayray9381
FREE AGENT

From now on

I agree but my financeer decided MO was faster?? I use paypal for everything, No acceptions from now on

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carnagge View Post
Always pay with a credit card. It sounds weird but a CC has much better protections than a check or debit card. Just don't go crazy and keep the balance paid off in full.
Old 04-27-2010, 08:54 AM #28
QBALL6322
K-PRO SUPPLY CO.,INC.

QBALL6322 works for a Paintball manufacturer
What is KP that keeps being refered to?
QBALL6322 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 09:01 AM #29
rayray9381
FREE AGENT

re:

k pro paintball

Quote:
Originally Posted by QBALL6322 View Post
What is KP that keeps being refered to?
Old 04-27-2010, 08:12 PM #30
davidthesteak

Clarification

Just to clarify for everybody, sales are governed by the UCC (Uniform Commercial Code) in every state but Louisiana.

If the sale was a "shipment contract" the risk of loss passes to the buyer as soon as the seller ships it with a third party shipper (meaning that if it's lost the seller is responsible to make a claim with the shipping company).

If it's a "destination contract" the risk stays with the seller until it is delivered to the buyer (meaning that if it's lost while shipping the seller has to take it up with the shipping company).

You can usually tell what kind of contract you have by reading FOB ______ on your invoice. If the blank has the SELLER's city in the blank, it's a shipment contract and if the blank has the BUYER"s city, it's a destination contract. FOB means "free on board" and basically means that the seller is responsible to get it to that point before the risk of loss shifts to the buyer.

Also, keep in mind that, if the contract doesn't say one thing or the other clearly, it's probably a shipment contract (better for the seller). Or, if the contract just says "shipped to", it's probably a shipment contract. If the contract, though, says "delivery to", it's probably a destination contract.

A good company, though, even if it's a shipment contract and they are not legally responsible for the lost goods, while probably try to make sure things are made right with the customer (and most will have insurance deals with the shipping company to protect from loss to begin with).

I have no idea what happened here, and I'm definitely not giving out legal advice or even making any suggestions about potential claims, I just wanted to clarify who is responsible for what based on the law.
davidthesteak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 08:19 PM #31
rayray9381
FREE AGENT

Thank you

I appreciate the info, It gives great insight but they never even sent us an invoice or a bill, They recieved the funds and disapeared.

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidthesteak View Post
Just to clarify for everybody, sales are governed by the UCC (Uniform Commercial Code) in every state but Louisiana.

If the sale was a "shipment contract" the risk of loss passes to the buyer as soon as the seller ships it with a third party shipper (meaning that if it's lost the seller is responsible to make a claim with the shipping company).

If it's a "destination contract" the risk stays with the seller until it is delivered to the buyer (meaning that if it's lost while shipping the seller has to take it up with the shipping company).

You can usually tell what kind of contract you have by reading FOB ______ on your invoice. If the blank has the SELLER's city in the blank, it's a shipment contract and if the blank has the BUYER"s city, it's a destination contract. FOB means "free on board" and basically means that the seller is responsible to get it to that point before the risk of loss shifts to the buyer.

Also, keep in mind that, if the contract doesn't say one thing or the other clearly, it's probably a shipment contract (better for the seller). Or, if the contract just says "shipped to", it's probably a shipment contract. If the contract, though, says "delivery to", it's probably a destination contract.

A good company, though, even if it's a shipment contract and they are not legally responsible for the lost goods, while probably try to make sure things are made right with the customer (and most will have insurance deals with the shipping company to protect from loss to begin with).

I have no idea what happened here, and I'm definitely not giving out legal advice or even making any suggestions about potential claims, I just wanted to clarify who is responsible for what based on the law.
Old 04-27-2010, 08:21 PM #32
rayray9381
FREE AGENT

I recomend

I Suggest That Anyone Needing Netting Go To K Pro Their Link Is In My Sig, Just Tell Em I Sent You
Old 04-29-2010, 05:46 PM #33
drumnbassej1

I'm in Simpsonville, SC if it helps. I have a picture somewhere here of his location that is published on the website. Once you see it, you'll understand why the Mauldin Police can't help you. Let me know if there is anything I can do to help you. Unfortunately, this isn't the first time I've heard of this happening with Lee.

Here is what a quick google street view will do for you.
Alpha Sports Google Street View

(It's a UPS Store!)

Last edited by drumnbassej1 : 04-29-2010 at 05:53 PM.
drumnbassej1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 07:09 PM #34
rayray9381
FREE AGENT

Holy S*#t

Wow! what a rip off. Not even a real buisness. Thank you for your help. That does explain why they dont know what we are talking about. I had a talk with a few people in the last couple days and GO FIGURE that LEE operates about 6 websites selling netting and PB equipment.
I will be getting a full list and Posting them here and reporting all of them as fraudulent, Even if I can't get my money back, Maybe I can put a kink in his scam. WHAT AN A$$#*!e, I hope I can get him what he deserves. I did find his "litsed Home address" so This guy might take a trip that way, or find someone to do a home visit to get an explanation for his actions.
Thank you for this info.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drumnbassej1 View Post
I'm in Simpsonville, SC if it helps. I have a picture somewhere here of his location that is published on the website. Once you see it, you'll understand why the Mauldin Police can't help you. Let me know if there is anything I can do to help you. Unfortunately, this isn't the first time I've heard of this happening with Lee.

Here is what a quick google street view will do for you.
Alpha Sports Google Street View

(It's a UPS Store!)
Old 04-29-2010, 07:20 PM #35
Carnagge

contact his state about his company being filed it should give an authorized person and a legit address?

68/4500 tank
https://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...2#post64366912
Carnagge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 07:22 PM #36
rayray9381
FREE AGENT

Sounds good

Would I call state or maybe Greenville SC town hall?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carnagge View Post
contact his state about his company being filed it should give an authorized person and a legit address?
Old 04-30-2010, 01:57 PM #37
AirSin2000
Tengoungato?

AirSin2000 supports Team VICIOUS
AirSin2000 posts videos on PbNation
AirSin2000 supports Empire
Call State. If you have his home address, let the cops know. I do hope you get this resolved. This guy, like all scammers and thieves, will slip and get caught one day.
AirSin2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 03:04 PM #38
yoyomann

yoyomann is playing at Living Legends III
yoyomann owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
yoyomann supports Team VICIOUS
yoyomann is for the Gunfight
Well i can tell you im in the shipping industry we do both long haul full trl. and LTL freight. and I promise you a LTL driver typically will not deliver to the wrong address. they usually have to hand unload the trailer and make sure its at the right place.

and as far as documentation goes. we need to keep record of everything that we receive to ship from where it was picked up and every stop along the way. so if they shipped it there would deff be record thats federal law.
Clear/Electric blue Luxe #2284 Custom 1of1 Bumble Bee Luxe#1516
yoyomann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 03:11 PM #39
rayray9381
FREE AGENT

Gracias!

Thanks for all the help guys, He has taken so many peoples money. Its rediculous. Ill do all I can to get him busted.
Old 05-01-2010, 02:39 PM #40
invertfan12345
both ways?

invertfan12345 is playing at Living Legends III
invertfan12345 supports Team VICIOUS
invertfan12345 is for the Gunfight
invertfan12345 supports Sherwood Forest
Quote:
Originally Posted by rayray9381 View Post
I appreciate the info, It gives great insight but they never even sent us an invoice or a bill, They recieved the funds and disapeared.
wait if you dont have a invoice then how can you prove you were paying for netting? couldn't alpha just sayy we thought it was a donation?
Old 05-01-2010, 03:05 PM #41
SRFox

This sounds more like an advertisement for K-Pro than anything else.

Paintball Profiles
www.paintballprofiles.com

Shadow Recon Tactical
www.shadowrecontactical.com
SRFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 04:05 PM #42
rayray9381
FREE AGENT

Quote:
Originally Posted by invertfan12345 View Post
wait if you dont have a invoice then how can you prove you were paying for netting? couldn't alpha just sayy we thought it was a donation?
It was a bank issued money order direct from an account

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRFox View Post
This sounds more like an advertisement for K-Pro than anything else.
If you ever have to buy netting, You will know why I support KPRO. But hey think what you will