PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 04-01-2006, 01:06 PM #1
Katastrophic

has been a member for 10 years
Super stocker questions

Question how small a target has any one hit with a grouping at 50 feet? stupid question just curious. Also what is the most amount of shots off a 12 gram. How much does it weigh. Another question is there any other frame that will fit on a super stocker? Is there any L stock compatible to the super stocker. Are the muzzle breaks worth it. Can you put a pump spring in it with out any machining? Is the loss in efficiency worth the quietness of spiral porting. Sorry about the long list of questions didnt see a tech page.
Thanks for any answers
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 04-01-2006, 01:21 PM #2
hellion360

1- I played with my super stocker yesterday and the accuracy is great. As good as a gun can get with good paint. Hitting on 3/5 shots.
2- I get ~35 shots to a 12gram but usually use a 3.5oz tank
3- I am not sure exactly on the weight. It is similar to a carter, heavier than a phantom.
4- Palmers can put a 45 frame on a ss.
5- If you get a umb (universal mounting bracket) you can use any stock with bottomline holes.
6- Porting is worth it for the decreased noise and you don't lose much efficiency.
7- You cannot put a pump spring in without modification.

They are really excellent pump guns. I have used all the pump guns out that are currently in production and I like the SS the best. The wedgits are what tips it past a carter for me. I have never had a rollout.

old pbn feedback
Old 04-01-2006, 01:28 PM #3
Katastrophic

Is it adviced to put a scope/sight on it
Old 04-01-2006, 04:58 PM #4
Fireball
PBN Newbie

Personal preference. Most opt to use a ghost ring rather than an actual sight.
Old 04-01-2006, 05:11 PM #5
Katastrophic

Is there any none palmer frame that would work on a super stocker?
Old 04-02-2006, 01:30 PM #6
hellion360

I don't believe so. Not without modification. But why would you want something else anyway? Your two options anywhere would be sheridan or 45. Unless you wanted a slider. Which would again be some modification.

I run with no ghost ring and no sight.

old pbn feedback
Old 04-03-2006, 09:35 PM #7
dstud2000

I do believe you can have them fit a single trigger 45 frame on them now. I have a Palmer Paladin pump, it is a 12 gram only, right feed, I have spiral porting, the standard palmer frame with the Palmer wedge stock and a stocker feedtube. I can say my accuracy is amazing. I have a paper plate on a telphone pole in my backyard, I can sit on the patio and hit that plate every single time and that is almost 60 ft away. As for efficiency once my gun had broken in I can get about 30 usuable shots in 30* to 40* temps if it is 50* or higher I can get on average 42 to 48 shots. I have hit 50 shots one day but that was only once.
Old 04-03-2006, 11:06 PM #8
Katastrophic

Is it worth the money? Can it survive going through a ravine? Does it bleed air if not cocked and you put in a 12 gram like a cocker? What kind of lube does it use? How much would it cost if I wanted it to be black have a sight rail and have a universal adapter? At 60 feet do you have to confensate for loss of velocity?
Old 04-03-2006, 11:32 PM #9
dstud2000

Yes, I feel a Palmer pump is worth the money, IMO they are the best you can get. My Paladin is similar to super stocker, but has different features. As for durability, a Palmer is is much like Tippmann, very reliable and very durable. My pump does not bleed air like a cocker or sniper when you put a 12 gram in and it is not cocked. Palmer air tool oil, any paintball gun oil (excluding the spray types) will work just fine. As for it being black it either has to be plated with black zinc or powder coated over the normal nickel plating. As for the site rail thats usually standard unless you want a longer or shorter than their standard or you want multiple rails. As for price you should call the shop and ask for a price quote for the gun and all the options you want, that is best way to find that out, here is the number (916) 923-9676, their website is http://www.palmer-pursuit.com/ and you can find their email address along with any other info you need. I personaaly have their phone number on speed dial on my cell phone, cause I call there so often. My pump so straight and flat I hardly ever have to compensate unless I am making a real longball shot. Seriously though you need to call the shop for a price quote of the gun with what you want on it. Also make sure when you order it you order it with everything you want on it, because it is a custom built gun and will cost more to have it modified after it is finished. I hope this info helps.
Old 04-03-2006, 11:36 PM #10
Katastrophic

Heard about some people bending the barrels by accident is this true? Or did they run them over with a semi?
Old 04-03-2006, 11:37 PM #11
Katastrophic

Thats what it said on pbreview.
Old 04-03-2006, 11:47 PM #12
dstud2000

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA....maybe if you drove a car over it. The only thing that might happen is you might nick the plating or powder coat at the tip of the barrel, and that is rare. I owned at one point 3 Palmer guns at the same time, I still have 2 of them, my Paladin and my Typhoon. The Typhoon is 7 yrs old and I just now sent it in to have the orings replaced, the nickel plating is in excellent condition, no nicks at all and I play very hard with my gun. I have had the Paladin for a year now and I absolutely love it, I have never had a gun that shots like this one does, the typhoon is close but not quite the same.
Old 04-03-2006, 11:52 PM #13
Katastrophic

Do they come with a lifetime gaurentee? Do you have a sight on it? If so what is it? Do you have the 14 inch barrel or the stock one?
Old 04-04-2006, 12:29 AM #14
Sneakyman

Palmer is a great company to deal with, they take care of their customers. The SS is a great gun. I have read that review, he mush have biffed it hard or been a dumb *** to tweak the barrle like he describes. I had mine fitted with a 45 frame (they can do this to a gun pretty quick, they just have to mill the frame a bit) and havd a sight rail put on (this required a custom gun be built from scratch). They can and will do anything you want, just ask.

Pump guns for life
Proud member of the church of Palmer

ryan1376@yahoo.com
Feedback: https://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...hreadid=556498
Old 04-04-2006, 12:45 AM #15
Katastrophic

Why does it cost so much more for it to be black?

Last edited by Katastrophic : 04-04-2006 at 11:59 AM.
Old 04-04-2006, 12:02 PM #16
Katastrophic

Also is the kick of the gun noticable because its light?
Old 04-04-2006, 12:16 PM #17
Lawn

The kick of the gun is not noticeable because it's a bit heavier..

(It cost more, simply because it's harder to powdercoat brass.. (right..?))

Talk about getting all the points covered before you decide on getting one..

RTR Gargoyle

AKA 2004 FSP Viking (Bermuda)

My Feedback on Ebay, Simply cause I should have kept track of deals on here but I was too lazy too.. Damn.
Old 04-04-2006, 12:24 PM #18
Katastrophic

Well its not like its cheap. I like knowing more about the gun before I get the gun then after.
Old 04-04-2006, 02:07 PM #19
Lawn

For the most part.. everyone in this forum will tell you to get one.. Everyone on the pump forum will tell you to get one.. I think SCP falls the same as well..

(how much pump play have you played before, as well as what do you shoot now..? That might be useful to know as reference so we can help compare knowledge..)

RTR Gargoyle

My Feedback on Ebay, Simply cause I should have kept track of deals on here but I was too lazy too.. Damn.
Old 04-04-2006, 02:17 PM #20
Katastrophic

I have been playing for 5 years 2 years with pumps still go to tourneys. I shoot an AMP Illusion ultralite and 3.5 once. I have been know t be able to hit a 2 inch target with no sight after the second shot at 40 feet. Thats about it
Old 04-04-2006, 02:32 PM #21
Lawn

Pretty sweet set-up there.. One of my friends is looking to get an Illusion, but we're all convincing him to get a Super Stocker..

All in all, I'm very very impressed with mine.. Only one thing to worry about, was the seal blowing.. My bad, cause the pressure in the tank kept on going up.. (hot days..) and therefore, the pressure behind the valve pin kept on increasing, so the valve would push back harder, letting less air in.. so.. I kept on turning up the velocity til I blew the seal.. (My bad..)

Never had the problem with 12 grams.. and when I feel the velocity dropping, I just unscrew the tank and rescrew it back in..

RTR Gargoyle