Community Focus
Community Focus

ReplyRegional Ups

Old 01-21-2013, 04:10 PM #1
Alex Elliott

has been a member for 10 years
NJ Players in college?

Hello all,

I'm the North East Co-ordinator for the National Collegiate Paintball Association (NCPA) and also the coach for the Rutgers Class A (X Ball) team.

I was wondering which New Jersey schools currently have college paintball clubs/teams?

If your school does have a club, I would love to hear about it. If it doesn't but you are interested in starting one, again, would love to hear about it and would be happy to help in any way to get your club going.

As far as I know, only Rowan and Rutgers have current active organizations. I know Stevens had one in the past but not sure of their current status.

Thanks,
Alex

Last edited by Alex Elliott : 01-21-2013 at 05:48 PM.
Alex Elliott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 01-22-2013, 06:26 PM #2
RegalEgo11
Cool-Aid

RegalEgo11 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
RegalEgo11 owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
RegalEgo11 plays in the APPA D4 division
RegalEgo11 supports Ninja Paintball
Hello, I currently attend Seton Hall university and we do not have a club. I am a freshman and I have been looking for ways to start the club.
RegalEgo11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 09:04 PM #3
xnbp10x
♥♥♥

xnbp10x owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
xnbp10x plays in the APPA D5 division
xnbp10x supports DLX Technology
Would love to start a club at NJIT...But no one there plays
xnbp10x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 10:25 AM #4
Alex Elliott

Quote:
Originally Posted by RegalEgo11 View Post
Hello, I currently attend Seton Hall university and we do not have a club. I am a freshman and I have been looking for ways to start the club.
Quote:
Originally Posted by xnbp10x View Post
Would love to start a club at NJIT...But no one there plays
Here is what normally works:

-Your school probably already has some kind of paintball event that they run every year or so e.g. the Rutgers club got started because the Rutgers student activity office sponsored a trip to Skirmish every year. On the bus ride back is when the first officers met and decided to start the club.

-If your school doesn't have the above, start going to your RA/Dorm Administrator/Other clubs/Fraternities/Student Council and offer to organize a recball event at a local field. That's the quickest way to find a lot of people who are at least interested in paintball. Plus, down the road, the local field owner will love you for bringing lots of customers to him.

-At the end of each rec event, make an announcement that you are looking to start a club. You'll generally find a couple people who think that's cool.

-Once you have 5-6 people, you can go to your school's Club office and ask what's required to start a club. Usually, it's just a certain number of people and sometimes a faculty advisor.

NOTE: You don't need to be officially recognized to compete in NCPA events. As long as everyone on your team goes to the same school you're good.

That's most of it right there. If you have any questions, feel free to post them here or in the College Forum.

You can also come down to Long Live Paintball which is where Rutgers is practising almost every weekend.
Old 01-26-2013, 10:35 AM #5
bolt53

bolt53 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Im in brookdale now but im going to the rutgers communiversity soon.
bolt53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 10:50 AM #6
xFM88x
F. Manalo #88

xFM88x plays in the PSP
 plays in the NXL
xFM88x plays in the APPA D4 division
I go to Rowan University. We have a paintball club, but they mainly focus on scenario/woodsball. I'm more into speedball, xball. I'm always at long live paintball playing for a home team. Hope to see/meet some of you college ballers there.
MANALO #88
xFM88x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 10:56 AM #7
Spyglass

Spyglass is an NCPA player
Spyglass plays in the APPA D5 division
If you guys are at all interested in getting a team together and can get enough people to do so by the end of the semester, Rowan's definitely down for a tournament in the NCPA, especially something local and with other new teams.
Spyglass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 11:56 AM #8
xSilent
SnakeStripe

xSilent owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
xSilent supports Team VICIOUS
xSilent plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by xFM88x View Post
I go to Rowan University. We have a paintball club, but they mainly focus on scenario/woodsball. I'm more into speedball, xball. I'm always at long live paintball playing for a home team. Hope to see/meet some of you college ballers there.
Rutgers plays sundays at LLP. so you probably have.
xSilent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 01:06 PM #9
Alex Elliott

Quote:
Originally Posted by xFM88x View Post
Best way to get a college paintball team competitive is to take people with some basic experience (2-3 years of woodsball) and train them to play better.

Here's a post I wrote over in the college forum about the pros and cons of using players with different skill levels:

https://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=3810885
ReplyRegional Ups