PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Closed Thread

Old 04-11-2007, 08:28 PM #1
FuzzyFish

has been a member for 10 years
Christ

When Christ rose from the dead, did he look like he did before he was executed? Or did he look like a typical corpse rotting and being eaten by maggots? Or, was his rising from the dead an image of him, and not his literal actual body? I always wondered about this one but never knew where in the bible to read about it....
Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we." —George W Bush Washington, D.C., Aug. 5, 2004
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 04-11-2007, 08:30 PM #2
ISmokeIce
Postmodern Sophist

Wasn't he dead for 3 days? How decomposed could he be?
"No passion is stronger in the breast of man than the desire to make others believe as he believes...It is not the love of truth, but desire to prevail that sets quarter against quarter and makes parish desire the downfall of parish. Each seeks peace of mind and subserviency rather than the triumph of truth and exaltation of virtue-- But these moralities belong, and should be left to the historian, since they are as dull as ditch water" - Orlando: A Biography
Old 04-11-2007, 08:31 PM #3
FuzzyFish

yeah but even after 3 days small animals/ants start to eat dead bodies, plus thats raw blood sitting around unrefrigerated..
Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we." —George W Bush Washington, D.C., Aug. 5, 2004

Last edited by FuzzyFish : 04-11-2007 at 08:33 PM.
Old 04-11-2007, 08:35 PM #4
TESlight'emupTES
My username is stupid

TESlight'emupTES donated to help Peyton Trent
The tomb Jesus was in was sealed. Since it was a tomb, it was probably very dark and cool. It might have even been sort of like a morgue.
Old 04-11-2007, 08:36 PM #5
Ionbluemaster8011
Christ Balla

When he was resurected he was as he was like a normal human except he still bared the nail holes in his hands and feet and the hole in his side from where he was pierced by the spear.
Dynasty Fan #331 - Todd Martinez Fan #23 - Alex Fraige Fan #37

Rich Telford Fan #46 - Matty Marshall Fan #1 - Thomas "Troll" Taylor Fan #616
Nicky Cuba Fan #103
Vicious Fan Club #23
Old 04-11-2007, 08:39 PM #6
alex06

If you are in "Anitchrist krew", what exactly is the point of this thread?
Old 04-11-2007, 08:41 PM #7
FuzzyFish

i study religious stories as a hobby, i don't believe in them, but am still interested in the details. Another thought i had, how do we know Jesus died, maybe Jesus didn't technically "die." Possibly he survived crusifiction and passed out. then after being stabbed with the spear he didn't respond and the romans assumed he was dead.... I believe thats how the story about Jesus is within the koran...

Last edited by FuzzyFish : 04-11-2007 at 08:45 PM.
Old 04-11-2007, 08:46 PM #8
TESlight'emupTES
My username is stupid

TESlight'emupTES donated to help Peyton Trent
Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyFish View Post
i study religious stories as a hobby, i don't believe in them, but am still interested in the details. Another thought i had, how do we know Jesus died, maybe Jesus didn't technically "die." Possibly he survived crusifiction and passed out. then after being stabbed with the spear he didn't respond and the romans assumed he was dead.... I believe thats how the story about Jesus is within the koran...
It was documented (both by Christians and non-Christians) that when Jesus was stabbed, both blood and water ran out of His body. That only happens when someone is dead. Why do you think the Roman soldiers didn't break his knees?
Old 04-11-2007, 10:07 PM #9
daniel6990
I like me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TESlight'emupTES View Post
It was documented (both by Christians and non-Christians) that when Jesus was stabbed, both blood and water ran out of His body. That only happens when someone is dead. Why do you think the Roman soldiers didn't break his knees?
Exactly. The Romans used to break their legs or knees so they would have no way to support themselves and they would suffocate. When it says He "gave up the ghost" He didn't just "give them a 3-day ghost trial", he was fully dead.

"I had a parrot. The parrot talked, but it did not say "I'm hungry," so it died." - Mitch Hedberg

Church - "You know, if we kill some of them, we could all fit in that warthog..
Caboose - Yes! And if we kill enough of us, we could fit on a motorcycle!" - RVB
Old 04-12-2007, 12:45 PM #10
Comfortably_Numb

I dont get it, if he was resuracted.. how did he technically die or our sins.

this is like Indian giving
Old 04-12-2007, 01:35 PM #11
Derr

Because 'ressurection' means 'arising from the dead'.
Old 04-12-2007, 01:40 PM #12
cryptic.paintball
blah blah blah

plays in the NXL 2
cryptic.paintball is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
cryptic.paintball is Legendary
cryptic.paintball is Boss
There is only documentation of his death, no outside documentation of a rising.
Old 04-12-2007, 01:43 PM #13
kingtas

If he passed out, then he would certainly have died from asphyxiation soon after.
Old 04-12-2007, 01:43 PM #14
drewster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ionbluemaster8011 View Post
When he was resurected he was as he was like a normal human except he still bared the nail holes in his hands and feet and the hole in his side from where he was pierced by the spear.
Yes.
Old 04-12-2007, 01:46 PM #15
drewster

Quote:
Originally Posted by cryptic.paintball View Post
There is only documentation of his death, no outside documentation of a rising.
Yes there is. In the Bible it talks about Peter and other disciples meeting Jesus after the resurrection. It says they touched his nail scarred hands.
Old 04-12-2007, 01:53 PM #16
cryptic.paintball
blah blah blah

plays in the NXL 2
cryptic.paintball is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
cryptic.paintball is Legendary
cryptic.paintball is Boss
Quote:
Originally Posted by drewster View Post
Yes there is. In the Bible it talks about Peter and other disciples meeting Jesus after the resurrection. It says they touched his nail scarred hands.
Thus no outside documentation.
Old 04-12-2007, 02:02 PM #17
kingtas

I am not a very religious person. Having said that, the Bible is recorded history just as much as any other document. Just people documenting what is important to them at the time. Lots of things that are in the Bible have been confirmed by archeologist, and some have not.
Old 04-12-2007, 02:12 PM #18
X_Paint
Once dead, now alive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyFish View Post
Hmm.. Let's say Jesus survived the crucifiction.... just for giggles.

The body, still alive - was taken from the cross and prepared for buriel.

- It was washed
- Linned cloth was brought and the body was placed in a wrapping - (similar to a mummy.
- cloth stripps were rolled and place in the nostrils, the jaws were closed and a piece of cloth tied it shut by wrapping the head from top to jaw.
- a "napkin", a piece of thick linnen was then placed over the face and the body was completely wrapped.
- in between the fold of each wrapping, spices and a 'gum' mixture was placed, making an air tight cacoon.

And you think it's possible for a man to be whipped to the point of muscles exposed, crucified, chest punctured until blood and water flowed (water is the cardio sack), then linnen stuck in his nostrils, jaws tied shut, and face wrapped in linned for three days and somehow naturally survived?

You sir have greater faith than I do!
Old 04-12-2007, 02:16 PM #19
X_Paint
Once dead, now alive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cryptic.paintball View Post
Thus no outside documentation.
This is where you are missing it. There are more than 250 independant authors who spoke of the ressurection and the vast amount of witnesses who saw Jesus after the crucifiction.

None of these authors were Biblical scholars, but historians.

Roll your eyes all you want, but that is the plain and simple truth.

There is more written proof of Jesus life, death, burial and ressurection from historical perspectives than there is for the life of Shakespere, and Aristolte combined.