Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 10-19-2012, 07:58 PM #85
RLN

has been a member for 10 years
RLN donated to help Peyton Trent
RLN owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
RLN has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Some unexpected changes are happening in my life right now. Could use some prayers. So if you brothers and sisters in Christ can intercede through prayer to our Lord for some peace and patience and most especially humility for me I'd appreciate it.
Christ Krew#291Feedback: https://www.pbnation.com/feedback.php?u=383004
RLN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 10-19-2012, 09:57 PM #86
stickin2j
Good clean family fun

stickin2j has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
stickin2j has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Will do RLN, but be careful praying for patience and humility.
Christ Krew #293
stickin2j is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 12:31 PM #87
bait607
Eternal Impact Ministries

Quote:
Originally Posted by stickin2j View Post

BTW, for anyone that is wondering, it's an abbreviation for "sticking to Jesus". Long story of how I got there, but it works.
LOL my bad... im dyslexic so what i read and what is are often two different things I feel like that is a great example of that

lightly upped sft shocker $200, eigen bolt $55, Virtue redefined board $70... the look on an eclipse agglets face when they realize their brand new $1250 gun just got out shot by an 03 spoolvalve PRICELESS
bait607 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 03:59 AM #88
procyonwarrior

procyonwarrior has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
procyonwarrior has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Will do RLN, man I think a lot of people are struggling right now. I read one time that October was the worst month for pastors...spiritual warfare with Halloween that whats I think.
Old 10-21-2012, 05:45 PM #89
procyonwarrior

guys I need some prayer and really we just need to pray for the soldiers in general. Just got off the phone with a soldier I meet when I was down at Ft. Knox and his wife wants to seperate. Its tearing him up of course and he just can't focus on anything. They had been dating and living with each other for some time, got married, and three days later he left to go active duty training. He is just completed only 1/3 of his two years of training and his new wife is not with him...he is in GA and she is in NY. A lot of stuff happens with these troops and they have a lot of pressure for them to do well in their careers. I wish when soldiers would call me it wouldn't just be bad news...but no ministry's job is easy.
Old 10-21-2012, 06:27 PM #90
RLN

Quote:
Originally Posted by procyonwarrior View Post
Will do RLN, man I think a lot of people are struggling right now. I read one time that October was the worst month for pastors...spiritual warfare with Halloween that whats I think.
Thanks. Definitely could use the prayers. It's not Halloween that's the problem per se...it's the fact that people are messing with demonic forces during this time just for "fun" and not realizing that they could be inviting some unwanted visitors into their lives. Just like Christmas another holiday has been taken over by the secular world, commercialized, and destroyed of it's original meaning and intention.

Quote:
Originally Posted by procyonwarrior View Post
guys I need some prayer and really we just need to pray for the soldiers in general. Just got off the phone with a soldier I meet when I was down at Ft. Knox and his wife wants to seperate. Its tearing him up of course and he just can't focus on anything. They had been dating and living with each other for some time, got married, and three days later he left to go active duty training. He is just completed only 1/3 of his two years of training and his new wife is not with him...he is in GA and she is in NY. A lot of stuff happens with these troops and they have a lot of pressure for them to do well in their careers. I wish when soldiers would call me it wouldn't just be bad news...but no ministry's job is easy.
Will do. We had a recent suicide by a soldier here. It's really sad and I hear suicide is a huge problem in the military nowadays because of all the deployments and stuff.

May God's mercy, love, and peace shower our men and women in uniform and especially their family. And may we who are not privilege to serve recognize our duty to pray for and help those who do. In Jesus name Amen.

Last edited by RLN : 10-21-2012 at 06:35 PM.
Old 10-21-2012, 06:46 PM #91
markcheb
surrender...don't move

Praying as requested.

And since I haven't seen much posted yet:

Luke 4:16-21
16 And he came to Nazareth, where he had been brought up. And as was his custom, he went to the synagogue on the Sabbath day, and he stood up to read. 17 And the scroll of the prophet Isaiah was given to him. He unrolled the scroll and found the place where it was written, 18 "The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he has anointed me to proclaim good news to the poor. He has sent me to proclaim liberty to the captives and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty those who are oppressed, 19 to proclaim the year of the Lord's favor." 20 And he rolled up the scroll and gave it back to the attendant and sat down. And the eyes of all in the synagogue were fixed on him. 21 And he began to say to them, "Today this Scripture has been fulfilled in your hearing."

In my thinking if we would call ourselves Christians this is what we should be all about. Otherwise what are we doing?
ChristKrew #185
Anointing foreheads with the paintball for a while now.
Where's God? - Read Luke 15:11-32
markcheb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 02:04 AM #92
RLN

Yea it's been quiet.

I agree Mark, we have to be carrying our cross and willing to die just like Christ did. That's our calling.
Old 10-22-2012, 02:04 PM #93
tbaggin
www.RaptureReady.com

tbaggin is a Supporting Member
prayin RLN.

man I am tired today and have zero motivation.
Old 10-22-2012, 03:02 PM #94
xDarkk
Cool enough

xDarkk plays in the APPA D5 division
xDarkk has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
xDarkk has perfected Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
xDarkk has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbaggin View Post
prayin RLN.

man I am tired today and have zero motivation.
I feel like that everyday at least with school lol.
xDarkk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 10:29 AM #95
duos_scythe
Luke 12: 4-6

duos_scythe is playing at Living Legends IX
duos_scythe is playing at Living Legends X
duos_scythe is playing at Living Legends Dreaded
duos_scythe supports Ninja Paintball
duos_scythe owns a Planet Eclipse CSR
Went to a great youth centered conference last Friday. It was awesome!!!

Totally changed the way I view how to reach those not in church and how to properly train up those in church. If you have the opportunity to attend an Orange Leaders conference DO SO!

75% of kids will leave their faith / church family when they graduate. Lets start counting those outside the church family and not just those who are already in.
Christ Krew Member #46 / Liberty University Flames / Matthew 28:19 "πορευθέντες"
TC Paintball / CRU Paintball
duos_scythe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 06:33 PM #96
RLN

75%!..wow I knew the attrition rate was high but I didn't think it was that high. Could you cite sources? Not that I don't believe you Dom but I'd like to take a look at them. Guess that's the old youth minister in me. Kinda sad really as it shows how ineffective churches have become in sharing and teaching the faith to their children.
Old 10-23-2012, 06:51 PM #97
xDarkk
Cool enough

xDarkk plays in the APPA D5 division
xDarkk has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
xDarkk has perfected Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
xDarkk has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by RLN View Post
Kinda sad really as it shows how ineffective churches have become in sharing and teaching the faith to their children.
Agreed. I also think that over-sheltering kids has the same effect. Just from my personal experiences as a current college student. I've seen handfuls of kids come to college as Christians that had very protective parents growing up. Then when they get to college, boom, whole new world of temptation and they have no idea how to handle it or they are attracted to some sin/temptation because they have never faced or seen it before.

I'm not saying that sheltering/protecting your kids is wrong. To a degree, yes I think it is, but I think that it is important to show kids how to when faced with sin and temptation to turn to God for fulfillment. They are going to have to face the real world one day, instead of hiding them from it help them to face and handle those temptations.

If that makes no sense I am exhausted from school lol. I reread it. I think it makes sense.
xDarkk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 08:36 PM #98
RLN

Makes sense to me Andrew

Granted there are different factors and people are different. Some fall away only to return with fervor and understanding what their parents try to instill in them. Still there is a growing percentage of kids who are not learning it at home so they turn to their peers and the world for answers. Having done youth ministry for 5 years I've found that many times the parents need even more catechizing than the kids themselves.
Old 10-23-2012, 08:40 PM #99
DaytonLax14
Corey Stevens

DaytonLax14 donated to help Peyton Trent
DaytonLax14 helped look for balloons
Quote:
Originally Posted by xDarkk View Post
Agreed. I also think that over-sheltering kids has the same effect. Just from my personal experiences as a current college student. I've seen handfuls of kids come to college as Christians that had very protective parents growing up. Then when they get to college, boom, whole new world of temptation and they have no idea how to handle it or they are attracted to some sin/temptation because they have never faced or seen it before.
This.

My freshman year I went to college and roomed with a good friend of mine who went to church every Sunday and had pretty protective parents. Just a good kid all around. Well when he went to college he did a total 180. Parties all the time, gets drunk, smokes pot and has slept with 9 or 10 girls.
Old 10-24-2012, 11:03 AM #100
duos_scythe
Luke 12: 4-6

duos_scythe is playing at Living Legends IX
duos_scythe is playing at Living Legends X
duos_scythe is playing at Living Legends Dreaded
duos_scythe supports Ninja Paintball
duos_scythe owns a Planet Eclipse CSR
I don't have a web page to cite. But even if it were 1% that would be to many.
Christ Krew Member #46 / Liberty University Flames / Matthew 28:19 "πορευθέντες"
TC Paintball / CRU Paintball
duos_scythe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 03:33 PM #101
markcheb
surrender...don't move

Quote:
Originally Posted by xDarkk View Post

I'm not saying that sheltering/protecting your kids is wrong. To a degree, yes I think it is, but I think that it is important to show kids how to when faced with sin and temptation to turn to God for fulfillment. They are going to have to face the real world one day, instead of hiding them from it help them to face and handle those temptations.
QFT
ChristKrew #185
Old 10-24-2012, 08:54 PM #102
procyonwarrior

I have heard the 75% number before and it helps me stay motivated. Youth ministry/single ministry is the hardest to put together. if they are effective then you generally have a effective church in general.

Speaking about youth ministry ours have been kinda rough lately. we had about 15 kids come and for various reasons (mostly school and sports) the number dropped to 4 tonight! At times I get somewhat distraught the group has gotten smaller but then we have nights like tonight when even though we had four kids it was great and fun. We are changing our meeting day to not conflict with sports and other activities so hopefully that will help. I just hope that we can rebuild what we had before.
Old 10-25-2012, 07:28 AM #103
markcheb
surrender...don't move

Howdy Krew

I'm just getting ready to head up north to spend the weekend with a group of inmates. Please keep us (myself and the rest of the volunteers on team) and inmates in prayer. These particular guys are from the higher level prison we minister in, and are usually "tougher" to reach, but we know prayer is a tougher tool. Aside from prayer for the ministry aspect I ask for prayer for safe travels. Some of the guys travel a good distance (4-5 hrs) to be a part of this ministry. And one more, please pray for the families, ours and theirs. Thanks all, and God bless.
ChristKrew #185
Old 10-25-2012, 10:43 AM #104
stickin2j
Good clean family fun

stickin2j has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
stickin2j has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by markcheb View Post
Howdy Krew

I'm just getting ready to head up north to spend the weekend with a group of inmates. Please keep us (myself and the rest of the volunteers on team) and inmates in prayer. These particular guys are from the higher level prison we minister in, and are usually "tougher" to reach, but we know prayer is a tougher tool. Aside from prayer for the ministry aspect I ask for prayer for safe travels. Some of the guys travel a good distance (4-5 hrs) to be a part of this ministry. And one more, please pray for the families, ours and theirs. Thanks all, and God bless.
Christ Krew #293
stickin2j is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 08:33 PM #105
RLN

Will pray for you Mark. Prison Ministry seems tough and I'm sure it takes a special grace(s) and charism(s) to do it well.