PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 09-30-2012, 11:47 PM #1
JaredT

What should I get? An ANGEL 1 or a BOB LONG ALIAS INTIMIDATOR

I can get either 1, what should I get?

Both work fine.

Last edited by JaredT : 10-01-2012 at 11:43 AM.
JaredT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 09-30-2012, 11:51 PM #2
gamer565
Read the manual!!

has been a member for 10 years
gamer565 is playing at Living Legends VI
gamer565 is playing at Living Legends VII
gamer565 is one of the top 100 posters on PbNation
gamer565 is Boss
gamer565 supports Ninja Paintball
What does Mike's favorite gun has to do with anything?

Get the marker you like and that is comfortable for you.
gamer565 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 12:07 AM #3
JaredT

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamer565 View Post
What does Mike's favorite gun has to do with anything?

Get the marker you like and that is comfortable for you.
I admire his oppion, and I have never used the guns before. I just wanted an experts view on the markers, because I'm not familiar with them.

Last edited by JaredT : 10-01-2012 at 12:11 AM.
Old 10-01-2012, 12:11 AM #4
jtguy2269

i'd go for the alias intimidator. its still one of my favorite markers
jtguy2269 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 12:29 AM #5
JaredT

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtguy2269 View Post
i'd go for the alias intimidator. its still one of my favorite markers
Thanks! opinion has been noted.

Last edited by JaredT : 10-01-2012 at 12:38 AM.
Old 10-01-2012, 05:26 AM #6
sledneckforlife
EastCoastAngel

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaredT

Thanks! opinion has been noted.
Angel 1- unless you've never owned one or are kinda pissy pants about having to really look for parts. I love all of my angels and will defend them til the death.

For all your angel repair needs

978-530-6747
sledneckforlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 09:18 AM #7
jonotwist
MORE ENTHUSIASM

jonotwist is playing at Living Legends X
jonotwist is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
best bet would bet to check your local proshop and local field to see how those guns feel in you hot little hands.

both guns are geat angels have some cool tech working in em,
disassembly can be a bit of a pain depending on your wiherwithall in tech experience. aftermaket isnt too hot. has some great support with a devout fanbase. very few A1s can be quite quirky. if you get one buy one form someone with reputation. guns can be tuned towards godstatus.

alias has almost full aftermarket support and parts that go on for days.
many love the clamshell frame, some abhor it, disassembly is pretty easy, but a tad tedious. maint its a breeze. common sense is a recommended purchace along with the gun, that with dow 55 and triflo.

"Sometimes it's not whether you win or lose. Sometimes it's how many pages you add to the rulebook."

We'll burn that bridge when we get to it.
jonotwist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 11:03 AM #8
JaredT

Why would I have to go look for parts?
Old 10-01-2012, 11:03 AM #9
Pump Scout
New gun,old gun,whatever

Annual Supporting Member
Pump Scout is a Mega Moderator
Pump Scout is a Supporting Member
Pump Scout owns a Planet Eclipse - Emek MG100
Pump Scout is one of the top 100 posters on PbNation
I have a soft spot in me for Angels. That was my first "real" electronic gun, and I've owned five of them over the years, including an A1. I've also owned several Intimidators. Today, if I were to have to pick only one, I'd have to say the Intimidator. There's just more parts available for them, Bob Long is still involved in paintball, and they take Cocker threaded barrels. Barrel threading can't be discounted - A1 threaded barrels are getting harder to find, and nobody will make new ones. The Timmy also won't be as picky about HP or LP input, whereas the Angel will need a modification to the reg pack or a different reg to run HP input.

I do love Angels. They shoot nicely, they're fast, they're light, and they're VERY efficient. Two years ago I'd have probably said to go with the A1. Today, I can't make that recommendation for most players.

EDIT - parts eventually do wear out, and you never know how many cycles a gun has had. Rams, solenoids, boards, eyes, those are all parts that can fail. Even things like triggers or bolts can wear out, and need to be replaced. Something as simple as a single o-ring could give you some real trouble. I just rebuilt an entire Intimidator with o-rings from a hardware store. Not sure I could pull that off with an Angel.
Pump Scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 11:38 AM #10
JaredT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pump Scout View Post
I have a soft spot in me for Angels. That was my first "real" electronic gun, and I've owned five of them over the years, including an A1. I've also owned several Intimidators. Today, if I were to have to pick only one, I'd have to say the Intimidator. There's just more parts available for them, Bob Long is still involved in paintball, and they take Cocker threaded barrels. Barrel threading can't be discounted - A1 threaded barrels are getting harder to find, and nobody will make new ones. The Timmy also won't be as picky about HP or LP input, whereas the Angel will need a modification to the reg pack or a different reg to run HP input.

I do love Angels. They shoot nicely, they're fast, they're light, and they're VERY efficient. Two years ago I'd have probably said to go with the A1. Today, I can't make that recommendation for most players.

EDIT - parts eventually do wear out, and you never know how many cycles a gun has had. Rams, solenoids, boards, eyes, those are all parts that can fail. Even things like triggers or bolts can wear out, and need to be replaced. Something as simple as a single o-ring could give you some real trouble. I just rebuilt an entire Intimidator with o-rings from a hardware store. Not sure I could pull that off with an Angel.

Thanks a ton man
Old 10-01-2012, 12:35 PM #11
TwistedFreak (Banned)

TwistedFreak is playing at Living Legends V
TwistedFreak owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
TwistedFreak has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Angel 1s are sooo pretty and they shoot great. Im also looking at some a1 flys. Right now i own an ego 11 and geo 2.1 and v2 vic but theres something about angels that keep me always wanting them. I hope they make a return one day
TwistedFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 11:29 PM #12
Darko9989
MacDev Militia

Darko9989 is BST Trusted
Darko9989 is playing at Living Legends V
Darko9989 is for the Gunfight
Darko9989 supports Pev's Paintball
Darko9989 has perfected Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Darko9989 is attending Decay of Nations VI
I would get the Alias only because it is getting harder and harder to find Angel parts. I absolutely love the A1 and it shoots like a dream but it can be finicky. Most places will not work on them so you are on your own and you might not be able to find the parts. BLAST will support you with whatever you need no matter what gun you own. I have never had a problem with the customer support from BLAST. The only thing I would keep in mind with these two guns is that the Alias is extremely heavy compared to the A1. If you are playing speedball the A1 might be a better option for you. Rec-ball...either one.
Darko9989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 01:48 PM #13
sledneckforlife
EastCoastAngel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darko9989
I would get the Alias only because it is getting harder and harder to find Angel parts. I absolutely love the A1 and it shoots like a dream but it can be finicky. Most places will not work on them so you are on your own and you might not be able to find the parts. BLAST will support you with whatever you need no matter what gun you own. I have never had a problem with the customer support from BLAST. The only thing I would keep in mind with these two guns is that the Alias is extremely heavy compared to the A1. If you are playing speedball the A1 might be a better option for you. Rec-ball...either one.
Nailed it.

For all your angel repair needs

978-530-6747
sledneckforlife is offline   Reply With Quote