m. buck plays in the APPA D5 division
werid
m. buck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 02:17 PM #87
MPS_Dan
Midwest Paintball Series

I asked George if he can get on PBNation at all... this is his response:

Quote:
I can open the main page but if I go past that it will try to load for like an hour then times out
Anybody know of any fixes?
Old 11-03-2010, 02:18 PM #88
MPS_Dan
Midwest Paintball Series

Quote:
Originally Posted by m. buck View Post
werid
ur just jelous!
Old 11-03-2010, 02:26 PM #89
m. buck
2/8/11

m. buck plays in the PSP
m. buck supports Team VICIOUS
m. buck plays in the APPA D5 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPS_Dan View Post
I asked George if he can get on PBNation at all... this is his response:

Anybody know of any fixes?
try typing in the direct link.
m. buck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 02:48 PM #90
MPS_Dan
Midwest Paintball Series

I gave George the link to this site and no luck. It times out on him when all the advertisements try to load here on nation.

George said his email works just fine. If anyone has any comments or questions, email him at tornadoalleyks@yahoo.com .

DO NOT pm him on nation. He won't be able to get on to check it. And DO NOT send me a message on Facebook. I run the MPS Facebook page and with over 1,000 friends, I get messages daily and never have time to check them all and respond. I mainly use facebook to send out announcements and event invites. I don't use it to communicate.
Old 11-03-2010, 02:50 PM #91
turdnugget37

turdnugget37 supports Team VICIOUS
Quote:
Originally Posted by brody12 View Post
lol mps sucks

LOL.....

Well Kick'n Factory Will be having a championship party on Nov 6th or 7th... We will be playing some street ball on at least one and maybe both days if we get enough interest.... Followed with some smoked pork....and wash it all down with some Margaritas.... All teams that participated in the MPDEAD feel free to contact me for me details.....

2 of 5 events we played... series 1st place.... Legit

Last edited by turdnugget37 : 11-03-2010 at 03:12 PM.
turdnugget37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 03:09 PM #92
turdnugget37

turdnugget37 supports Team VICIOUS
Quote:
Originally Posted by m. buck View Post
the under shirt was a big thing this season. at event #1 i seen several teams all day had them undone, they just got a slap on the wrist saying to fix it. but then the elite sports team, got liek 200 points taken off in one game.

The undershirt deal is retarded... It just gives people something to ***** about... I promise your undershirt is not gonna let you cheat anymore than your standard jersey....
turdnugget37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 03:12 PM #93
MPS_Dan
Midwest Paintball Series

The undershirt rulling orginated because there was a big contraversy about 2 seasons ago because a player had a undershirt that went down to his knees. This player was getting a TON of bounces on what oterwise would have been breaks. So it was myself and Tim that decided on the undershirt rule that it had to be tucked in. I'm sure George and Tim will revisit the rule for next season and make any neccessary changes.
Old 11-03-2010, 03:13 PM #94
MPS_Dan
Midwest Paintball Series

If people didn't try find ways to cheat, we wouldn't need these retarded rules... keep that in mind.
Old 11-03-2010, 03:30 PM #95
MPS Tim

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeygrinder View Post
I do not play for mwm so anything I say should not be held against them. They are great guys and I wish them the best of luck in what ever series they play but I can guarntee it won't be this one.
And making fun of my screenname.. That's cute. I'm starting to like you a little bit more that you're standing up for Tim.
Specific examples. How about letting mwm roster 8 people and after driving 5 hours saying we couldn't do that. How about that?
Or the no undershirts policy and then the finals of mps 3 Tim walks over to kickn and doesn't ***** the penalty but tells them to tuck there shirts in. After three events there's no excuse for that.
And if that's not being biased idk what that word means.
And to kickn. Y'all are cool guys and we've had some fun. Congrats on the series.
You guys have played the series for a while you knew how many people you were supposed to have rostered. I told a bunch of people about their undershirts. Some listened, some did not. If someone went out on the field and it was untucked they ran the risk of a penalty. It was mentioned in the captains meeting. Like Dan said we will revisit this and all rules to see what if any rules we will change for next season. I also agree with Dan thanks for bringing up specifics because if I remember them it is easier to explain that way.
MPS Tim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 03:31 PM #96
Rampage paintball
Poop'd on... : /

has been a member for 10 years
Rampage paintball owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Rampage paintball supports Team VICIOUS
My thoughts about the MPS series...
I've played in almost all of them since 2008. They were great... But, i think they could be ran ALOT better. Lately, quite frankely they have sucked. George and dan could do a lot better on getting more teams to sign up. Also, i think the fun level has dropped a ton. From what ive seen , teams play one event and get Beat every game and never come back. But now with more series coming into play such as the Vicious series, this is what teams want to play. People want to play these cause they WAY more Stuctured. The prizes are better. And they're just all around ran better. I think the MPS needs some huge changes going into 2011.
Old 11-03-2010, 03:42 PM #97
monkeygrinder
Imma let you finish but..

We shouldn't have been able to roster 8 on the site. If players are reviewed before the event that should have been caught. So what that tells me is you don't review players. And when I tried to talk to you about it you gave me attitude so I threw it right back.
The undershirt thing, a rule is a rule. If you guys are going to make it special for your series enforce. Especially by the FINALS of the THIRD event. Come on now...
monkeygrinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 04:41 PM #98
MPS Tim

I can see your point on the roster, it may have been overlooked, but you knew how many were supposed to be there. Did you do it to try to sneak someone in there, and when I was made aware of it did you just expect me to let it go, that would be favoritism. I agree that if we had seen it something should have been said. We didn't let it go on purpose just to say something to you at the event. What would we have to gain from that?
MPS Tim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 04:59 PM #99
x918xPaintballx
OKLAHOMA STATE <3

x918xPaintballx owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
x918xPaintballx supports Team VICIOUS
x918xPaintballx has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
x918xPaintballx has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by D-man[WarLlamas] View Post
Why would you think this? We won L4 series last year and only got Prophecies. I believe I've told y'all that a few times. I believe you left out the prizes you won during the year, so that offsets some of your cost. Don't expect to ever get a 100+% return on your paintball investment.
I'm not saying I expect a 100% return. And you are correct, I failed to factor in our prizes won. I'm not trying to *****. I'm fine with any prize, really. It just seems like if you play events and win prizes, the series prizes should be bigger than the event prizes. (And I mean this broadly, in anything you do, not just the MPS or paintball. Just seems how things should be in the overall outlook of things.) Just my 2 cents worth on that.

Something that could be worked on is player ranking system. We were accused of "sandbagging" multiple times. By the APPA ranking system, EVERY member of our team was qualified to play L4. Personally, this has been my first season playing. However, it has been mentioned before that a true beginner team shows up to an event and gets demolished, and that makes tournament paintball very off-putting to them. Something should be done about this to help out those who are trying to get into the sport.

Another thing is series points. Our team would have moved up to play L3, but we had a shot at winning the series. I don't know if there is a way to set things up to where a team can bump up and keep their series points (I know this would not be fair to the teams in the level they are moving in to). But just a couple ideas that crossed my mind throughout the year.

/rant

Like I said, just my 2 cents worth here. Not trying to piss anyone of or sound *****y. Congrats to all the series winners.
Old 11-03-2010, 05:00 PM #100
monkeygrinder

We wouldn't have gained anything from it. It was at the point when we were losing players. We had 8 guys and everyone wanted to play. When we set the roster up it allowed us to do 8. Nothing would have been gained, but I threw away my weekend and around $100 in gas.
I'm still curious why points weren't deducted from the undershirts when it was that far into the series. Especially after dan came in and told us why you all made the rule for your series. He came in and defended the rule and gave the reason why it's in this series. Now that's all fine an what not, but then why aren't you enforcing the rule.
It's not the rule itself but the principal that you aren't enforcing it

Last edited by monkeygrinder : 11-03-2010 at 05:06 PM.
Old 11-03-2010, 05:01 PM #101
x918xPaintballx
OKLAHOMA STATE <3

x918xPaintballx owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
x918xPaintballx supports Team VICIOUS
x918xPaintballx has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
x918xPaintballx has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPS_Dan View Post
Maybe the answer is, you all just play naked?
Oh, and this made me LOL. Just no December events...
Old 11-03-2010, 05:21 PM #102
monkeygrinder

Now that I'm thinking about it you're right Tim. You're not biased, I said that out of anger, and I appologize.
What I should have said is these events are just not run well. Examples. The ridge this year, first game of the finals was I-40 and virus I think. I-40 had two people and virus had one. Virus player runs down an I-40 player in the snake corner. He shot the player in the pack and the player had no idea and had just taken off to get him, not knowing he had moved. Someone called a 1-4-1 when he hadn't shot his gun and he just got shot. Everyone saw it and everyone aggreed it was a terrible call and no one knows what the "reff" was thinking.
Or last year at the ridge when robert gay was observing us and helping us out. There was a bad call and he began to talk with you about it. Your response was "well, we have let your players get away with things." do I even need to go into what's wrong with that?
OR the pod call two years ago at the edge. Do I even need to bring this up?

There's several comments over the past 2 or three pages from other players who are also upset with the series. And 2/5 of the events weren't held and I firmly believe it's due to people not wanting to play because they have had problems in the past. I know this is why I-40 fuel and OSU don't play this series anymore. Tony Fancher from storm put together the AES Titans and do you know why they don't play this series? Problems when he played with storm.
Idk what else to say.
Old 11-03-2010, 05:36 PM #103
KSgrim

KSgrim owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
KSgrim supports Team VICIOUS
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeygrinder View Post
Now that I'm thinking about it you're right Tim. You're not biased, I said that out of anger, and I appologize.
What I should have said is these events are just not run well. Examples. The ridge this year, first game of the finals was I-40 and virus I think. I-40 had two people and virus had one. Virus player runs down an I-40 player in the snake corner. He shot the player in the pack and the player had no idea and had just taken off to get him, not knowing he had moved. Someone called a 1-4-1 when he hadn't shot his gun and he just got shot. Everyone saw it and everyone aggreed it was a terrible call and no one knows what the "reff" was thinking.
Or last year at the ridge when robert gay was observing us and helping us out. There was a bad call and he began to talk with you about it. Your response was "well, we have let your players get away with things." do I even need to go into what's wrong with that?
OR the pod call two years ago at the edge. Do I even need to bring this up?

There's several comments over the past 2 or three pages from other players who are also upset with the series. And 2/5 of the events weren't held and I firmly believe it's due to people not wanting to play because they have had problems in the past. I know this is why I-40 fuel and OSU don't play this series anymore. Tony Fancher from storm put together the AES Titans and do you know why they don't play this series? Problems when he played with storm.
Idk what else to say.
POW!

https://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=3487006 DUST BLACK BOB LONG CLOSER

GEAR BAG SALE~~~ BRAND NEW EMPIRE XLT GEARBAG ZN https://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=3486998
KSgrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 06:02 PM #104
D-man[WarLlamas]
Old and in the way

D-man[WarLlamas] posts videos on PbNation
D-man[WarLlamas] plays in the APPA beginner division
D-man[WarLlamas] supports Ninja Paintball
Quote:
Originally Posted by x918xPaintballx View Post
...Something that could be worked on is player ranking system. We were accused of "sandbagging" multiple times. By the APPA ranking system, EVERY member of our team was qualified to play L4...
MPS needs to report the final 'Event Rank & Event Points' back to APPA for the system to work properly. I could still play L4 according to APPA because the 6 MPS events I've played don't report the results!

Not sure if this is a APPA or MPS issue, but George/Dan should do this before the '11 season. (This affects player rankings for other tourny series as well!)

- - Buy my swagg: - - - - - - XSV Axe Pro for sale! - - -
D-man[WarLlamas] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 06:37 PM #105
monkeywitagun72
Names spenc.

monkeywitagun72 helped look for balloons
monkeywitagun72 is reppin' sidebar 4 life
monkeywitagun72 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
monkeywitagun72 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
monkeywitagun72 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
monkeywitagun72 has perfected Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
fatty