Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 03-12-2004, 08:48 AM #1
ditangquan
absinthe

ditangquan is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
NPPL Official Paint only?

When did this happen? This is so uncool to change the rules AFTER all the teams signed up.

14. Paintballs
14.01 Paintballs must be purchased ON SITE from an NPPL registered paintball sponsor. All paintballs used at the NPPL Super 7 World Series event must have a Material Safety Data Sheet on file with the NPPL. Paintballs used at the NPPL must comply with ASTM standards and meet NPPL non-staining criteria.

Last edited by ditangquan : 03-12-2004 at 08:55 AM.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 03-12-2004, 10:33 AM #2
Looter

Theres no way they can do that. Sponsers arent going to like if their teams are using other company's paint.
Old 03-12-2004, 11:16 AM #3
fridgemaster

I'd assume that any of the NPPL's sponsors will have paint available on site, which is pretty much every major paint company.

Draxxus (NPS), PMI, EVIL, ZAP, etc...

I know for sure that my team has a deal for Chronic 420.
Old 03-12-2004, 11:25 AM #4
navigator
Roth

plays in the NXL
navigator plays in the APPA D3 division
yeah what are you gonna do fly over to Cali with 60 cases of paint.. LOL

almost all paint sponsors will have a truck or trucks there to buy there paint..

Ha ha fly your paint over....

LNIB PLANET ECLIPSE LV1.1
Old 03-12-2004, 02:47 PM #5
tdbeez

fridgemaster--- what is chronic 420?
04 Gen 2 Freestyle NOX
09 ECLIPSE EGO -- Eclipse LV1
09 INVERT MINI, steel blue
Automag -- 98 Autococker
Piranha EVO -- TRRACER pump
Old 03-12-2004, 02:50 PM #6
!rshpnkrckr
Assassins Down The Avenue

AKA, ultra chronic. Its the gold stuff with pink fill. Chronic 420=best paint evAr.
Old 03-12-2004, 03:19 PM #7
ricecrispi28

ricecrispi28 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
for LP only though. Fragile and hard to find stuff. I'll buy me a few cases for my pumps. IR3 blends this into a cocktail.
Old 03-12-2004, 04:00 PM #8
HERO33

thats so gay......... just another way for them to rip us off....... the'll be lucky if they even have enough teams to call it a tournament.
Old 03-12-2004, 04:19 PM #9
snoop

snoop is a Supporting Member
"an NPPL registered paintball sponsor"

alright.. get a registered paintball sponsor, then get ur paint there for your sponsorship price...??

geezy
Old 03-12-2004, 04:39 PM #10
neil .m

Quote:
Originally posted by !rshpnkrckr
AKA, ultra chronic. Its the gold stuff with pink fill. Chronic 420=best paint evAr.
Be carefull with that pink fill mate. all pink paint was banned at campaign cup because of staining problems, i hope yours is alright and they've already mentioned about staining paint in another thread.
good luck at HB
Old 03-12-2004, 05:12 PM #11
splater_ur_guts

hmm, we had a skid of XO industries paint (new company that ran skyball) shipped down awaiting our arrival.....You dont need to carry it with you on your flight haha
Old 03-12-2004, 05:12 PM #12
Whelan999

ya the NPPL is ****ing is all over, although i don't play any big tourneys. and their gettin away with it cuz no one can really do anything about it and we love pb so much we just play anyway, so were ****ing ourselfs
Old 03-12-2004, 05:21 PM #13
madmanindc

When I used ultimate chronic, it stained badly. Not quite as bad as ultra evil, but close
Old 03-12-2004, 05:25 PM #14
adamflath

Quote:
Originally posted by Whelan999
ya the NPPL is ****ing is all over, although i don't play any big tourneys. and their gettin away with it cuz no one can really do anything about it and we love pb so much we just play anyway, so were ****ing ourselfs
Unless you are sponsored. You are arent going to find cheaper prices on paint compared to the stuff they are going to sell at the NPPL tourny. Considering you are buying straight from the manufactorer.

Plus like mentioned above, all major paint companies are going to be there.
Old 03-12-2004, 05:54 PM #15
Whelan999

true
Old 03-12-2004, 06:12 PM #16
chinqlinq

chinqlinq plays in the USPL
chinqlinq plays in the PSP
chinqlinq owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
arent most of the teams at HB gettin free paint from their sponsors anyways?
Old 03-12-2004, 06:36 PM #17
$$AMONEY$$

$$AMONEY$$ is a Supporting Member
$$AMONEY$$ plays in the PSP
 plays in the NXL
$$AMONEY$$ plays in the APPA D2 division
Hmmm, this rule seems very unnecessary, being; Material Safety Data Sheets (or MSDS's) are sheets or binders of information that any work area dealing with known carcinogens or haz-mat or haz-waste is require by law to supply to any and everyone that can come into contact with said hazardous chemicals. In a buisness owners eyes it is pretty much making all employees aware of hazards they may potentially come into contact with. I find it strange the NPPL is enforcing this rule, saying you cannot bring your own paint being as all (I MEAN ALL) paint on the market is deemed non-toxic, therefore not requiring any MSDS if it were in any work-zone. But that's of no consequence being as most paint manufacturers are there anyways. Besides, MSDS's are not hard to produce, I do not believe there is a certain universal format to follow. If anyone wants to fight the man I can produce an MSDSD, and perhaps you can ensure an NPPL representative receives it. I think they just want you to buy they're paint.

-Money
Old 03-12-2004, 06:41 PM #18
adamflath

Quote:
Originally posted by $$AMONEY$$
. I think they just want you to buy they're paint.

-Money
No, i think they want you to buy it at the event from the manufacturers is because they dont want staining paint. This way the NPPL knows what paint is being used at the event.
The jersey event they got charged a HUGE amount, several tens of thousands of dollars beause the tents that the players used were stained with paint..... so as you can see... they dont want that to happen again.
Old 03-12-2004, 07:56 PM #19
r90t
Doc

r90t is a founding member
 is playing at Dead Legends
It's Cali. home of the lawsuit.

They are likely required by state/local ordinance to have the MSDS available for the paint. You need to have all MSDSs available in the work area for any chemical you may come in contact with.

I had to post my biohazardous waste storage area on a US Navy ship in spanish to comply with CA law, as we could moor on a civilian CA pier and be subject to state regulations. Pretty gay, but the law.
Old 03-12-2004, 10:21 PM #20
gimpkilla12

Quote:
Originally posted by chinqlinq
arent most of the teams at HB gettin free paint from their sponsors anyways?
Some of the AM teams are and pretty much all the pro's do but novice and rookie teams VERY rarely get free paint, I've never even heard of a nov team getting free paint but I'm sure it's happend.
Old 03-12-2004, 11:04 PM #21
ns20

Guys this isnt to rip every one off this is to make sure no body is using staining paint. You see when people use staining paint it makes it harder for them to clean the facilaty when the event it over and some times they cant clean it and they have to pay for damages. This is just to crack down on staining paint. Paint wont be over priced or any thing there it will acually be fairly cheap. Instead of this they could just let you guys use what ever paint you want even if it stains and then at the end of the event you guys can pay for damages. Would that be better for every one?